Thread: Verizon Prepaid or Total Wireless?

Feedback Score

Verizon Prepaid or Total Wireless?

Thinking of switching my main line from the At&t Prepaid $40.00 Wally 25gb plan to Verizon Prepaid or a Verizon MVNO. I just picked up a brand new Verizon Galaxy S9+ that's unlocked and At&t refuses to activate VoltE and Wifi calling. Only Verizon and At&t service work for me and I definitely need hotspot. I've never used over 15gb of data. My Visible experiments didn't go so well so they're out of the question. My cabin started getting a decent Verizon signal about a year ago so I can definitely get away from At&t now. Just looking for suggestions.

Feedback Score
    Vzw prepaid. utt/15gb with HS allowed. After 9 months with autopay it drops to $35.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Vzw prepaid. utt/15gb with HS allowed. After 9 months with autopay it drops to $35.
    Yeah, Verizon Prepaid looks like my best bet. Looks like I can add discounted pins like I do on At&t Prepaid to avoid paying tax. Gonna ride out the rest of the month and then port over. I'm guessing my Visible phones (ZTE A7 and 10 Prime) will also work on Verizon Prepaid so I'll have a few backups.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have heard that some Visible phones can't be used outside of Visible service due to software limitations.

Edit: Here is a post about it: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-visible-phone

Feedback Score

Verizon Prepaid Or Total Wireless?

I have four lines on Total Wireless and I use an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9.

We all get VoLTE, but I cannot get wifi calling/texting on my Samsung Galaxy S9.. However, when I insert that same SIM card in certain other smartphones, I do get wifi calling/texting! My youngest son, for example, gets wifi calling/texting on his Motorola smartphone.

I have no trouble using Total Wireless as a hotspot and I do that pretty often.

I am pretty sure that genuine prepaid Verizon is always going to be a bit more expensive and offer something more than MVNOs, like Total Wireless, though.

Feedback Score
    All the phones sold by Visible are unlocked and will work on Verizon. There are Verizon phones and Unlocked devices that work on Verizon that don't work on Visible.
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I have heard that some Visible phones can't be used outside of Visible service due to software limitations.

Edit: Here is a post about it: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-visible-phone
    Sent from my SM-T720 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    All the phones sold by Visible are unlocked and will work on Verizon. There are Verizon phones and Unlocked devices that work on Verizon that don't work on Visible.

Sent from my SM-T720 using HoFo mobile app
    Then please explain what is going on with that user in that post that I linked. I think it is the same user from Reddit that I tried to help, but no one could not figure it out why that phone does not work with a Verizon based Tracfone SIM.

Feedback Score
    Total Wireless allows hotspot officially. For more than one line is unbeatable price-wise.
    You get rewards (as a loyalty) that can buy more data or even pay for the plan. Their plans are not limited in speed (when below threshold). After threshold they don't cut you completely and you can add 5GB for $10.

Feedback Score
    I use Total Wireless on a Family Plan. I get Wifi Calling on my Moto G Power. Bear in mind that you only get 10GB of official hotspot. I tested blowing through the limit, and it's hard cut off after 10GB even when I had plenty of data left in my share bucket. Not even unlimited 2G speeds on hotspot. Phone data is unlimited 2G after you hit your data threshold. Keep that in mind as you shop around.

Feedback Score
    Check out Page Plus. $10 lasts 120 days. 6c/min. Data is 10c/mb. Kinda high on data. Good for talk/text & coverage.
    Since you have a Verizon phone, they should accept it. PP is a little picky about the phone you bring.

Tello might work, check IMEI with them.

If that S9 is dual SIM you could use cheap talk on one, cheap data on the other. PP & Ting?