Thread: Trouble sending pics attached to text messages

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

Question Trouble sending pics attached to text messages

As of this afternoon I am having trouble sending pics attached to text messages... I have the Verizon 1 line unlimited plan. My phone is a Galaxy S10... When I send a text with a picture the little blue circle keeps spinning and spinning for many minutes... Sometimes the person I texted tells me they received the pic, yet my phone still has the blue circle spinning... Other time the blue circle keeps spinning and then times out... This seems to happen both with Wifi on or off... Tried getting Verizon chat help but they didn't offer much. Any suggestions?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Have you tied the old "turn it off and turn it back on" trick ??
    Just another day in paradise.....

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Have you tied the old "turn it off and turn it back on" trick ??
    Yes I did... Also, rebooted my cable modem, wifi router and power off/on to the phone... Same problem... Seems to be happening whether the phone wifi is on or off...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gemstone View Post
    As of this afternoon I am having trouble sending pics attached to text messages... I have the Verizon 1 line unlimited plan. My phone is a Galaxy S10... When I send a text with a picture the little blue circle keeps spinning and spinning for many minutes... Sometimes the person I texted tells me they received the pic, yet my phone still has the blue circle spinning... Other time the blue circle keeps spinning and then times out... This seems to happen both with Wifi on or off... Tried getting Verizon chat help but they didn't offer much. Any suggestions?
    try checking your data connection - https://community.verizonwireless.co...nd/td-p/977650 or try checking for an update to the messages app.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Turned phone WiFi off. Same problem with data connection.

Feedback Score
    Turned phone WiFi off. Same problem with data connection.
    MMS needs a phone cellular data connection, so check on if you have one. Some phones will temporarily turn on data when an MMS is sent or received, but some don't.

Feedback Score
    I had this problem when using an international sim card in the Philipines last year and never did manage to solve it. This was on an unlocked US version LG V35. Strangely, my wife's iPhone 6s had the same company international sim card and she was able to attach pictures to text messages with no issues.

Feedback Score
    My unlocked iphone is also very slow at sending text pictures when I’m at home, I suspect it’s because the weak signal where I live usually only two bars, if I go somewhere with a stronger signal the pictures get sent much easier.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cycledude View Post
    My unlocked iphone is also very slow at sending text pictures when I’m at home, I suspect it’s because the weak signal where I live usually only two bars, if I go somewhere with a stronger signal the pictures get sent much easier.
    Or congestion; I don't see like 1-3mbps too often, but I've seen it; if your service is slow like that then that's like (Verizon messages size limit is like 25MB, but lets say a 1-3MB photo) 8-25 seconds to send 1 pic.

Worst I've ever seen personally, we were at the Iowa State fair years back, friend and I were both sending some photos video clips etc.. Well queueing them. Phones showed "service" (2-5 bars depending on where we were) but 1 pic sent after about 10 minutes, I did try a speedtest and (unsurprisingly) it failed. Right at the far end of the fair, the phones switched to some other cell site & started dinging like crazy from all those queued texts, pictures, e-mail and whatever else all finally going through; 25mbps speed test . There was nothing set up over there so we spent a minute or two letting the phones get their **** together then proceeded through the rest of the fair (where service went to near 0 speed again.) It was packed; in the current era (well not this year obviously), this would definitely be a place to pop in that mmwave 5G .

Feedback Score
    . Any suggestions?
    What app are you using? Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the app? See if there’s an update? Are you seeing this with everyone or certain carriers? Android phones or iPhones or both?