Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: H in the phone notifications when on a call

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket 500/500/500 plan at $10/mo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thu1227 View Post
    H2O was acquired in Jan 2019 by Telrite, the same company that owns PureTalk wireless, hence those "Pure" APN settings.
    So what's the difference between PureRESELLER and PureRESELLERWAP? (PureRESELLERMMS does not have a radio button to select.) The main difference I see is that PureRESELLERWAP has proxy: mobile.att.net and PureRESELLER has proxy: not set. MMSC, MMS proxy and MMS port are all not set for both.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    I'm guessing here ... WAP is an old data protocol (2G?) that probably required the proxy. It's not needed now so PRODATA and RESELLER don't have it set. I've had phones that used separate APNs for messaging and general data use, so there's the dedicated MMS APN for those cases. H2O/Pure probably sent them out to cover all bases. Stick with what works. Ask H2O about VoLTE on your phone via their Contact Us page - when I had H2O they always got back to me in a day or three.

Feedback Score
    Does SMS use VoLTE to send or receive text messages? Some older GSM remote devices such as alarms and tracking devices respond to or send sms text messages. Are they essentially obsolete when VoLTE is fully deployed? I have a few that may end up in the trash heap if so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jw530 View Post
    Does SMS use VoLTE to send or receive text messages? Some older GSM remote devices such as alarms and tracking devices respond to or send sms text messages. Are they essentially obsolete when VoLTE is fully deployed? I have a few that may end up in the trash heap if so.
    Everything is being sent via LTE. Any device that uses 3G will become non-functional at some point in the not to distance future.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2