Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moto G6 is a piece of junk

Feedback Score

Moto G6 is a piece of junk

I'm ready to trash this phone and get something that works. I had trouble with the GPS and thought I had it fixed by turning either wi-fi or data on until a satellite was found. That appeared to be working. Then about a week ago I finally did the update cuz it kept nagging me to do so. Today we left on a short trip. I turned on the GPS and it took a half hour to finally find a satellite. Half way to our destination the satellite was lost. All I got on my maps app is "searching for satellite". Never did find it. Ended up using another phone that had no problems with GPS so we could get to our destination. Since the update the GPS is worse. I'm ready for a more reliable phone and then I will donate this to the trash can.

Feedback Score
    If you mean the Pie update, it works best if done on a freshly-factory-reset (or brand new, basically same thing) phone. The update seems to run into trouble if it goes on top of apps.

If you have already done the Pie update on top of apps, it will greatly improve if the phone is factory reset. The update, which will still be there, will settle in and then the apps can be added back.

I found this out on my Moto G6 Play, which was aggravating me and is now better. It was of course a pain, but worth a try.

Feedback Score
    It's the Pie update. I just got this phone set up a few months ago. I really don't want to start over. It is a pain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haymeadowfield View Post
    I'm ready to trash this phone and get something that works. I had trouble with the GPS and thought I had it fixed by turning either wi-fi or data on until a satellite was found. That appeared to be working. Then about a week ago I finally did the update cuz it kept nagging me to do so. Today we left on a short trip. I turned on the GPS and it took a half hour to finally find a satellite. Half way to our destination the satellite was lost. All I got on my maps app is "searching for satellite". Never did find it. Ended up using another phone that had no problems with GPS so we could get to our destination. Since the update the GPS is worse. I'm ready for a more reliable phone and then I will donate this to the trash can.

YES, It's absolutely a piece of CRAP.

the recent G7 Optimo Maxx including 3 buckets of 1500 each + 1 year Service at QVC, is decent with a very good battery...

Device(s)
    Ascend Y, Proclaim, Ascend Plus
    Carrier(s)
    America Movil, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I had to chime in and give the Moto G6 a thumbs up! It is one of the best phones I've ever owned. The loudspeaker is second to none when listening to calls, podcasts & music. Good screen for the price point. Love the front fingerprint sensor. I can operate the phone one handed while continuing to work. My phone is on Pie and still seems just as snappy as ever.

Sorry you are have trouble with yours.

Feedback Score
    I haven't had my G6 in over a year now, but I remember it being a solid device except for the battery life. Switched to the G7 Power and then 2020 version of the G Power. That fixed my only complaint.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like you just got a defective phone.
    I've been happy with mine.

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto G6, Google Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I've had my Moto G6 since November 2018. No problems here. ...Oh, the Android Pie update is undoubtedly harder on the battery than the Android platform that the phone originally had. But, it's been the best cell phone that I've ever bought from TracFone.

If I want a longer-lasting battery, next time I will go with a Motorola Moto "Power" model.

Device(s)
    G7 Optimo Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just got a G7 Optimo Maxx yesterday with the HSN deal. Moving from the Samsung J3 Sky.

Have more to learn but so far so good. Different without built in email (other than gmail) and memo apps, not a big deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Senkoboy View Post
    Sounds like you just got a defective phone.
    I've been happy with mine.
    Reliability has been spotty with the G6. You never know when things will start to have problems of various kinds. I noticed many moved on to the G7 pretty quickly. Not just speaking of Tracfone, as the G6 was widely sold.

Feedback Score
    My G6 also works flawlessly. A great little device.

I use MapFactor Free Offline GPS Navigator all the time with no GPS problems.

Try using GpsFix to see if your issue is with the app you're using...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steiny180 View Post
    My G6 also works flawlessly. A great little device.

I use MapFactor Free Offline GPS Navigator all the time with no GPS problems.

Try using GpsFix to see if your issue is with the app you're using...
    Because of issues before, I've been doing this......
    Turn on location (GPS)
    Then I use GPS Status app to find the satellites. I've had to turn on either wi-fi or data briefly till satellites are found. Then I turn off wi-fi and/or data. That procedure had been working before this update to Pie. My Here Maps app worked just fine till the update using that procedure.
    Yesterday when I used the GPS Status app it took a 1/2 hr before it found any satellites while data was on the whole time. I was out of wi-fi range. Here Maps worked till we were almost to our destination and then the GPS quit working. I couldn't get it back.
    Another update popped up a few days ago and I installed that today. I haven't tried to see if that has any affect on the GPS issue.

Feedback Score

Moto G6 is a piece of junk

I had great luck with my G6 that I bought in November 2018. I have since moved on to another phone, but have nothing but good to say about the G6. Guess it is the luck of the draw. I still have my G6 and passed it on to my husband to use as a backup phone. His primary cell phone is a very basic flip phone. Recently I jumped on the $69 G6 Tracfone bundle.. so far no issues.
    Last edited by happygrrl1; 08-05-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Feedback Score
    My refurb from Amazon is good.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    My G6 refurb from Amazon remains the best phone I have owned. Never a problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast