Thread: boost/DISH acquires Ting

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Wonder what carrier they are going to use initially? If they roll Ting into Boost it will likely be on T-Mobile. I at first assumed Verizon would be dropped, but maybe not if Ting is kept as a separate MVNO.
    Last edited by loboheeler; 08-03-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Feedback Score
    i do believe i recall reading the DISH MVNO agreement with T-Mobile involved both DISH owning the SIM card(MNC) and also was a 'non-exclusive' MVNO agreement so if it is feasible if they were able to negotiate with another carrier such as Verizon(and the existing relationship with Ting may help) they could offer a service that roams on both. I could make sense for them to do so with both brands. The fact they seem to be focusing on low data usage plans instead of unlimited could also indicate they may have plans for a multi-network MVNO since it may be unfeasible to offer unlimited(or even large data buckets) in such a setup which would most likely paying for each minute, text and KB or MB of data

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    The fact they seem to be focusing on low data usage plans instead of unlimited could also indicate they may have plans for a multi-network MVNO since it may be unfeasible to offer unlimited(or even large data buckets) in such a setup which would most likely paying for each minute, text and KB or MB of data
    It cost the carriers nothing to provide unlimited data but they want you to think it does so they charge more for every byte.

Dish does not yet have any towers so they are just an mvno right now and dependent on the price of data from T-Mobile.

Dish reduced data on my $50 unlimited plan already so they are really going to be tight with data going forward.

Now there are only 3 real carriers so I expect they won't be lowering prices.