Thread: Friend is looking for my advice on bying Iphone VS Samsung.... Ouch

Feedback Score

Friend is looking for my advice on bying Iphone VS Samsung.... Ouch

I am trying to help a friend make a decision about her cellphone choice.
    For many years she has been using the latest Ipnone models, but now she wants to switch to Samsung because a lot of her friends use them and like them a lot.

She recently bought an Iphone 11 and is not happy with it.
    I still use Iphone 6sPlus and have no complains, but Oly and Fuji are my photography tools. My Iphone is just for snaps and taking photo-notes.
    So, since I don't not use the Iphone for serious photography, I cannot give her a good opinion on this topic.

Her argument is that the latest Samsung has a much higher screen resolution and is easier on the eyes bacause of it.

Also she says, that the Samsung takes better photos overall. Do you agree?

I should mention that she is only using her phone and does not have a computer to post process any photos. She just wants the photos to look "great" straight out of her phone.

Any other comments when comparing the two phone brands, and of course the most important thing: comparing IOS and Android operating systems?

A phone is just a piece of hardware, but the fun or ugly experience begins with the operating system, in my opinion.
    Any comments on this?

I will forward her a link to this thread, so that she can read your comments.

-- hide signature --
    Andrzej
    http://lowflyingbananas.zenfolio.com/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by petalino View Post
    ..Her argument is that the latest Samsung has a much higher screen resolution and is easier on the eyes bacause of it.

Also she says, that the Samsung takes better photos overall. Do you agree?
    That is a Spinal Tap mindset/argument - This amp is better because its volume goes to 11. It's like choosing one car over another because the speedometer on one goes to a higher number.

High-end iPhones and Samsungs both have excellent screens and cameras. The visual differences are trivial, if noticeable at all, on a ~6-inch screen.

Any other comments when comparing the two phone brands, and of course the most important thing: comparing IOS and Android operating systems?

A phone is just a piece of hardware, but the fun or ugly experience begins with the operating system, in my opinion.
    Any comments on this?
    I went through the same thing with my GF when she was getting her first smartphone with the whole IOS vs Android thing. I said, "Boiled down to the basics that people do every day, there's not much difference. Touch the icon and the app starts. Pick one, but if you want tech support from me, Android would be better."

Back in the early days Android was a bit clunky and IOS was more polished. Today - not much difference.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Galaxy S20 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    What @bobdevnul says. It really is like picking a vehicle based on the glove compartment light.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    What @bobdvnul says. It really is like picking a vehicle based on the glove compartment light.
    Haha, yeah. I don't like that my RAV4 does not have a glove compartment light. My previous two Ford Explorers did, but they were total junk.

I must be a slow learner. After the first one was junk, why did I buy another one?