Thread: cant get verizon service on my visible phone

Device(s)
    Huawei ascend XT
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score

cant get verizon service on my visible phone

i got the zte blade a7 prime and it was working well on att sim until i moved to an area where att is pretty spotty. so i switched to tracfone verizon byop sim and i get service bars but cant make calls or text. the tracfone customer service is usually not helpful so i dont have faith it will be fixed. any ideas on what i can to fix the problem?
    Last edited by Serial Port; 08-02-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shaolinwookie View Post
    i got the zte blade a7 prime and it was working well on att sim until i moved to an area where att is pretty spotty. so i switched to tracfone verizon byop sim and i get service bars but cant make calls or text. the tracfone customer service is usually not helpful so i dont have faith it will be fixed. any ideas on what i can to fix the problem?
    Did you activate the phone with a new TF SIM and service or put a previously activated one in?

Check the APN.

Check to see if HD Voice/VoLTE is enabled. It won't work for calls if VoLTE is not enabled. The phone does not have CDMA.

Do a factory reset on the phone.

Device(s)
    Huawei ascend XT
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    the company had me do a factory reset as part of troubleshooting. i was on att tracfone byop sim and i just switched it to a sim that used verizon service. i cannot change the apn and i also dont have volte on this phone

Feedback Score
    the company had me do a factory reset as part of troubleshooting. i was on att tracfone byop sim and i just switched it to a sim that used verizon service. i cannot change the apn and i also dont have volte on this phone
    Did you do a TF transfer service from the TF-ATT SIM to the TF-Verizon SIM? It won't work if you just put an unactivated TF-Verizon SIM in.

If it is a Visible phone it is capable of VoLTE. That is all Visible uses for voice - no CDMA. Phones can no longer be activated on any Verizon service if they are not VoLTE compatible.

Even if you can't change the APN you can still read what it is (on my phones). If it doesn't say: VZWINTERNET as the APN, not the Name, it won't work on TF.

Device(s)
    Huawei ascend XT
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    yes i contacted tracfone to transfer service from one sim to the next. i dont see the volte option in the settings so i assumed it didnt have it, i can see if visible knows where the option or maybe google knows. when i go to apn, i dont see any settings and i also cant add it, i posted a screenshot of what i seeName:  2020-08-02.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  7.3 KB

Feedback Score
    yes i contacted tracfone to transfer service from one sim to the next. i dont see the volte option in the settings so i assumed it didnt have it, i can see if visible knows where the option or maybe google knows. when i go to apn, i dont see any settings and i also cant add it, i posted a screenshot of what i seeName:  2020-08-02.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  7.3 KB
    Looks like you don't have an APN. Since VoLTE uses data, that will stop calls (and data) from working.

You could try touching the three dots at the top right. That should bring up a button to reset to default.

Probably time to contact TF. I would do it by chat. It looks like the SIM was not properly activated. It may also be that it is taking time for the number port to complete between AT&T and Verizon. Did you port the number and how long ago did you transfer?

Have you checked the status of the phone in your online TF account or the TF app with WiFi?

I don't know if Visible buggers their phones to keep them from working elsewhere. I think there may have been post about it at Reddit for Visible.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I don't know if Visible buggers their phones to keep them from working elsewhere.
    Visible did muck around with their phones. I did the Visible swap and got one Moto E6 and one ZTE A7 Prime from them. The Moto E6 works with a swapped in TF/Verizon BYOP SIM and has VoLTE, same with a swapped in native AT&T SIM (has VoLTE). But the A7 won't work with a swapped in TF/Verizon BYOP SIM, and no VoLTE with a native AT&T SIM.

Device(s)
    Huawei ascend XT
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Looks like you don't have an APN. Since VoLTE uses data, that will stop calls (and data) from working.

You could try touching the three dots at the top right. That should bring up a button to reset to default.

Probably time to contact TF. I would do it by chat. It looks like the SIM was not properly activated. It may also be that it is taking time for the number port to complete between AT&T and Verizon. Did you port the number and how long ago did you transfer?

Have you checked the status of the phone in your online TF account or the TF app with WiFi?

I don't know if Visible buggers their phones to keep them from working elsewhere. I think there may have been post about it at Reddit for Visible.
    ive contacted tracfone a few times which is the reason i am here. ive reset the apn to default but it doesnt change. the port went through, my phone number is on this sim and everything.

Feedback Score
    ive contacted tracfone a few times which is the reason i am here. ive reset the apn to default but it doesnt change. the port went through, my phone number is on this sim and everything.
    try going into the mobile network settings, look for a system select/network setting, and make sure that is set to automatic restart the phone and see if you can now make calls. might also try checking for any firmware updates. also read this - https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/com...e_a7_unlocked/
    Last edited by october262; 08-03-2020 at 12:01 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Visible did muck around with their phones. I did the Visible swap and got one Moto E6 and one ZTE A7 Prime from them. The Moto E6 works with a swapped in TF/Verizon BYOP SIM and has VoLTE, same with a swapped in native AT&T SIM (has VoLTE). But the A7 won't work with a swapped in TF/Verizon BYOP SIM, and no VoLTE with a native AT&T SIM.
    Like e.mote stated, the ZTE Blade A7 Prime is a proprietary model for Visible. Motos tend to not be so locked, although I had a Verizon branded G4 Play that was missing almost all the AT&T LTE bands and no UMTS.

Feedback Score
    My phone is a ZTE Blade A3 prime but might be helpful to u since I encountered the same problem - with every non-Visible SIM card I tried, data worked (after manually entering the APN) but couldn’t make/receive calls/texts.

With a FreeUp SIM card, this is how I was able to make calls and texts work:

1. Used 4G Switcher (other switching apps will also work) to select GSM auto. Used Hidden Settings to access phone’s network settings - selected 2G. Restarted phone. Sometimes, I’d have to do this 2 or 3 times before the 4G Switcher status would show “voice service: in service, voice network type: LTE “.

I selected 2G because when I selected 3G, it didn’t enable calling and texting.

Doing the above resulted in incoming/outgoing calls and incoming txts to work. Outgoing texts were still not working. So, I searched for the SMSC number for AT&T.

2. Went back to 4G switcher and entered the SMSC number at the bottom (the line next to SMSC), then tapped Update. Outgoing SMS worked after this.

Feedback Score
    Kinda crazy that Visible's ZTE phones work on At&t but not other Verizon carriers. I'm using both the A7 and Blade 10 Prime on At&t Prepaid but getting ready to port my main line over to Verizon Prepaid. I'm hoping I can get both the ZTEs working so they can backup my S9+. At&t is losing a customer because they refuse to enable VoltE and Wifi calling on my Unlocked Verizon S9+.