Thread: Verizon S9 Plus on At&t Prepaid (Any way to get Volte working?)

Feedback Score

Verizon S9 Plus on At&t Prepaid (Any way to get Volte working?)

Just grabbed a new Verizon Galaxy S9 Plus from the Walmart clearance. It works fine with my At&t Prepaid sim but there's no option to turn on VoltE for HD voice calls. Anyone know if there's anything I can do?? I should mention that it came with Android 8.0 and I haven't let it update yet.

Feedback Score
    i believe the issue is AT&T won't let non AT&T phones have access to VoLTE & WIFI calling yet.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Just grabbed a new Verizon Galaxy S9 Plus from the Walmart clearance. It works fine with my At&t Prepaid sim but there's no option to turn on VoltE for HD voice calls. Anyone know if there's anything I can do?? I should mention that it came with Android 8.0 and I haven't let it update yet.
    Be careful. AT&T is phasing out its 3G service on February 2022. If your phone does not support HD Voice, then it will no longer work on AT&T:

Get ready, 3G is going away in 2022
    https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1324171/

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
    AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    Be careful. AT&T is phasing out its 3G service on February 2022. If your phone does not support HD Voice, then it will no longer work on AT&T:
    I am using a Sprint branded Galaxy S9+ with T-mobile and HD voice works fine. Sometimes the CS rep needs to manually add certain billing codes to enable features when they don't work as they should. The phone is definitely capable. I switched carriers before the final agreement between Sprint and T-Mobile was announced a few months ago.

While the phone supports 3G, it also uses LTE/VOLTE without doubt. Should work fine on At&t.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post

Get ready, 3G is going away in 2022
    https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1324171/

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Well, that's not good. I'm guessing this S9+ supports VoltE but not sure it's ever gonna work on At&t prepaid. Might return it I can't get it working in the next week.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    While the phone supports 3G, it also uses LTE/VOLTE without doubt. Should work fine on At&t.
    It is ATT that isn't accepting it. Not whitelisted. The compatible models are Galaxy S9 (G965U, G964U1)
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    It is ATT that isn't accepting it. Not whitelisted. The compatible models are Galaxy S9 (G965U, G964U1)
    The Model# on this Verizon S9+ is SM-G965U

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Well, I decided to start updating my new Verizon S9+ with my At&t Prepaid sim installed. Since this was a brand new Verizon S9+ it was still on Android 8.0. After a few updates I got a message saying "new sim detected" and then it proceeded to install everything At&t including the At&t splash screen on reboot. All the Verizon Apps and bloat were deleted. Seems like my S9+ was automatically changed to an At&t version!!!! I'm sure I still have a ton of updates to install on my way to Android 10 so I'm hoping VoltE will be working when all is said and done.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Funny you mention it, when I started my port into T-mobile my phone was still showing Sprint on the screen and when I finished the port to T-Mobile, it only shows the the T-mobile logo.