Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 5G &corona virus

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    ROFL
    Coincidentally, just this morning I was having a conversation with my 19 year-old daughter about how I thought in the information age, schools really need to start teaching critical thinking at a younger age.

You and I grew up in world where it was (mostly) safe to assume that if you read something in an encyclopedia or a newspaper, it was probably (again, mostly) true.

In an age where the most popular encyclopedia is online and can be edited by anyone, and has more comprehensive articles about the history of "Doctor Who" than the history of medicine, and "news" is now an affiliate link-fueled side hustle by anyone with an opinion and a WordPress account, the basic assumption should be anything you see and hear is suspect until you've vetted it by some trusted source.

Forgetting the silliness of the whole "5G causes Covid" conspiracy, I decided to see if there was even a decent amount of coincidence that supported the theory. It took all of 7 minutes of YaBinGoogling to find data that entirely invalidates any correlation between 5G deployment and Covid spread.

So, why didn't our friend Diesel invest a similar 7 minutes doing it themselves, rather than spend the far greater number of minutes trying to convince us (and themselves!) that the crazy claim in a crackpot YouTube video was correct?

As astronomer Carl Sagan used to say, "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". In their first post about this silliness, Diesel said they wished there was a graph or chart out there comparing 5G deployment vs Covid cases by country. The real question is why didn't the "documentary" they watch already have produced that graph? That would seem to be the bare minimum starting point to make the claim that they made.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My city has no 5G yet and we have the 3rd lowest number of cases of any city in the county. The city with the most cases does have 5G. That proves that 5G causes Covid-19. Of course it could also be because the city with the most cases has 16x the population, and has a lot more multi-generational families living in small housing units, and a lot more low-wage essential workers. Gotta go buy my foil hat now.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Galaxy S20 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Let's see Brazil has almost no 5G while South Korea was one of the first adopters of 5G. That proves it, 5G kills the corona virus.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X🅂, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

5G &corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Forgetting the silliness of the whole "5G causes Covid" conspiracy, I decided to see if there was even a decent amount of coincidence that supported the theory. It took all of 7 minutes of YaBinGoogling to find data that entirely invalidates any correlation between 5G deployment and Covid spread.
    Cue the wing-nuts with tinfoil hats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Bentley

AT&T 5G+, Oklahoma City

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    To paraphrase Forrest Gump, "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know when you are going to get a nut". This whole 5G conspiracy is so silly with absolutely no scientific basis. Just because you read it on facebook or believe what "Captain Cheetoh" tells you on TV doesn't make it real.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I wish C-19 causation were that simple - we could stop wearing masks, have sports and concerts, open up business and schools, fly internationally, etc...............Dang !

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    I've been testing 5G a lot in my area since last year, specifically mmWave and I haven't had covid. Niether has anyone else I know....so it's BS.

I'd say we should be much more concerned with all the products coming in from China every day as a source of the Virus than 5G.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    ...I'd say we should be much more concerned with all the products coming in from China every day as a source of the Virus than 5G.
    All the cheap **** coming from China sits in a US warehouse untouched for at least a week. So I wouldn't worry about it. I still wash my hands after handling any packages. But that cheap stuff sits in US warehouses for weeks.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobil
    Feedback Score
    I can't believe what I'm reading.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've been testing 5G a lot in my area since last year, specifically mmWave and I haven't had covid. Niether has anyone else I know....so it's BS.

I'd say we should be much more concerned with all the products coming in from China every day as a source of the Virus than 5G.
    Many of us here in NYC had it, family, friends and employees. I know quite a few who passed from it.

But yeah, 5G does not cause covid-19. Slaughtering animals in filthy conditions with blood mixing everywhere caused covid-19. You think mankind would have learned by now.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Yep. You mention a handful of areas that both have had 5G turned on and have had higher Covid rates (and not even that.. naming whole states where there's 5G in a handful of locations but Covid problems throughout the state.) Totally overlooking the numerous places that have 5G without higher Covid rates, and the numerous areas with no 5G and high Covid rates. Forget "correlation does not prove causation", there is not even any correlation here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselguy26 View Post
    how does NY not have any cases now that FL is a new epicenter.
    New York still has as much 5G if not more since March. So why did their cases drop if 5G is the cause? Wouldn't the 5G be keeping it in the same range?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Many of us here in NYC had it, family, friends and employees. I know quite a few who passed from it.

But yeah, 5G does not cause covid-19. Slaughtering animals in filthy conditions with blood mixing everywhere caused covid-19. You think mankind would have learned by now.

Sorry to hear that. My area has been lucky for sure.

I wasn't referring to covid being BS, but rather getting it from 5G. I just wanted to clarify that.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear that. My area has been lucky for sure.

I wasn't referring to covid being BS, but rather getting it from 5G. I just wanted to clarify that.
    For sure, I knew what you meant

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    To paraphrase Forrest Gump, "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know when you are going to get a nut". This whole 5G conspiracy is so silly with absolutely no scientific basis. Just because you read it on facebook or believe what "Captain Cheetoh" tells you on TV doesn't make it real.
    Who is Captain Cheetoh?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast