Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: One Month Visible Review

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score

One Month Visible Review

I have been using Visible since 6/30/2020. I paid $20 for my first month by finding a referral code online. I paid $25 my second month by joining a party right away.

Pros:
    - $25 a month if you join a party.
    - Free SIM/Tool arrived overnight.
    - Porting was extremely fast.

Cons:
    - Customer service is an absolute joke. They just make up whatever they want. For example I was told I could get the $100 Mastercard offer AND swap my old phone for a free one. I asked 3 different reps and got 3 different answers. I chose to believe the last one that told me that I could NOT take advantage of both offers just in case. I reported not having service in my home and support gave me random answers that made no sense so they had to email a higher tier of support. 5 days later I got an email that said "After carefully investigating, our network team found your area to have good coverage specifically at the home address listed on your account and it is working as normal. We did find that you are surrounded by a marginal coverage area. This means in this area during times of high usage you may experience varying data speeds, poor call quality and signal fluctuations." According to all maps I can find I live in a fully covered Verizon area, I don't live near any oceans, and I have used other prepaid Verizon companies with no issues. Notice they did not answer my question or give suggestions. The service is bad IN my home, not in the surrounding areas. I could type out the many other interactions I had to have with them in the past month but it is not worth my time or yours.

- Slow and often unusable data. I am not just judging by looking at the speed test app. I actually tried to use apps that require data. They often would not load or would time out. I drove as far as an hour from my location and had the same issues.

- Website and app are garbage. 9/10 times I cannot access my account on the Visible site. I either get an error from them (something along the lines of sorry try again later) or it just shows no account info at all. Same thing in the app. I have tried multiple browsers and have turned off my popup blockers.

- No customer service number to call. I knew this going in, but at 2 points they were supposed to call me back for support and never did.

- Call quality is not good. I can often hear static and so can people on the other line.

Highest reported Download speed (ONCE) 115 Mbps

Lowest reported Download speed 0.09 Mbps

Highest reported ping 199 ms

Lowest reported ping 80 ms

Most of the time I got around 1-3 Mbps download and 100-150 ms ping.

If I had to rate them on scale from 1-5, 5 being the best, I would give them a 1. If you can only afford $25 a month and only have Verizon then I guess give them a try.

It took me 31 days and 2 payments to get my $100 gift card.

Feedback Score
    So a paid trial. Not bad. I'm 10 days in no judgement so far.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21

Feedback Score
    I am into my 3rd month of Visible using a factory unlocked Galaxy S10e. Call quality is good on Cellular and WIFI Calling. SMS and MMS text messaging work perfectly. Data can be a slow. Ping times are high. With that said I have no problem streaming Amazon Prime and Netflix at 480p. YouTube at 480p always works. Most of the time 720p works with no buffering and sometimes 1080p. I think the data is somewhat slow but I manage to enjoy 20gb of data a month. Everyone's mileage varies. I feel like I get my $25.00 a month worth.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score

One Month Visible Review

It’s really bad when the pros is 4 lines but cons is an entire chapter book.

A good, detailed review. Good job, OP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    On visible Hotspot is limited to one connection and 5 mbps but I still think that is a good deal for hotspot.

They often treat hotspot like it is gold.

On my boost $50 plan they cutoff hotspot after running out of data but on my old boost $35 plan they throttled hotspot to 2G.

Feedback Score
    I had the same experience with my 3 month Visible experiment. Call quality is what bothered me the most and I found it completely unacceptable. Garbled and echoing voice calls drive me insane and Visible provides plenty of them even in areas with good coverage. I did end up with a bunch of decent phones through the SWAP deal and use both the ZTE A7 and Blade 10 Prime on At&t Prepaid.

Feedback Score

One Month Visible Review

I have been on several carriers over the years. We started with Nextel (Google it), then T-Mobile, A Fee and Fee, regular Verizon and now Total Wireless, which is a Verizon MVNO. A couple of times I have pondered "jumping ship", possible to Visible, but I am still with Total Wireless.

My next move, when I feel that AT&T has matched/exceeded Verizon, will be back to them, either pure AT&T, FirstNet, Cricket or whatever. For the most part for me/us (I have four lines; wife, two sons and me) the criteria is:

-Do I/we have coverage. (Verizon is best in the United States, but AT&T is better in Minnesota, where we live)

-Data speed.

And, it is pretty much in that order, too. I either have bars of service, or not, and then how fast is the data.

The whole Customer Service deal is/can be frustrating. Fortunately, I rarely have to contact them. I do the Auto Pay.

As a back up, I have two of the $20 per month unlimited AT&T data hotspot plans. That fills in where Verizon doesn't.

I sometimes wonder, is there EVER a place where T-Mobile has coverage that neither AT&T nor Verizon has coverage?

I have played with T-Mobile. They do have great data speeds in my area.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post

As a back up, I have two of the $20 per month unlimited AT&T data hotspot plans. That fills in where Verizon doesn't.
    What is the catch? I would like a $20 unlimited AT&T data hotspot plan. Is that the plan that is only available on cars?

Feedback Score
    Visible looks good on paper: unlimited everything, including hotspot, Verizon LTE coverage, low price (easy to be on party pay group with total strangers to lower monthly fee to a flat $25).

However, it is highly variable (your mileage may vary) when it comes to actual service quality and customer support. I would not recommend it if you use your phone for work or any other critical use. If you need Verizon for these situations, stick with postpaid, Verizon prepaid, or at least a stable MVNO you trust.

I've been with Visible since 11/19 and I've found Verizon coverage to be better than the other 3 networks: in the suburbs, metro areas, mountains, beaches and deserts of Southern California.

I've had 2 hiccups where data were extremely slow or nonexistent due to congestions and/or deprioritizations: at a giant suburban shopping mall when it was really crowded (before COVID-19) and at a far-flung small town in the middle of nowhere where apparently most people use Verizon. Even in these two situations, voice call over LTE still works normally.

Normal download/upload speed varied wildly (2-80 Mbps/2-40 Mbps) depending on location and time of day. For $25 per month, there's no better deal for me (and I got a $200 virtual MasterCard for porting in and buying a phone from Visible as well).

Device(s)
    BLU V5, iPhone 6, iPad 4
    Carrier(s)
    TruPhone (ATT), Mint Mobile (TMo), T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I was up for renewal for my Mint plan in May.

So three different times, I tried to sign up for Visible, but they didn’t accept my credit card. (Capital One MC). Visible charged the card and then backed out the charge right away. Capital One sees the charge and sees it back out. I refuse to give them my debit card/back account info (which customer service “kindly” offered as alternatives.).

I haven’t had a problem with this card anywhere else I use it. I was really disappointed, because I wanted to get on a Verizon plan since Tmo Service has gone to pot in my part of town.

So after three different attempts at trying to get it to work, I gave up.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

iPhone 6 on Mint Mobile (primary)
    BLU V5 on TruPhone (backup)
    iPad 4 on T-Mobile free data

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    H20 refused my debit for a topup one time at the final hour before expiration ("cvv code invalid") so i let a good number expire. They accepted the debit when I bought the SIM plan kit. Despite that I'm going to try them again.

These providers really should accept PayPal for payment like Virgin Mobile used to do. Super easy. I could send the topup payment right from my phone.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by batman420 View Post
    I have been using Visible since 6/30/2020. I paid $20 for my first month by finding a referral code online. I paid $25 my second month by joining a party right away....
    Thanks for the review. I have been meaning to post mine.

I am six weeks in.

I have been using it like a toilet - beating it like a rented mule. I have not turned on WiFi except to download/update some apps and a few times when the data speed was atrocious. I have used ~12 GB in six weeks. About half of that was testing the hostpot by streaming YouTube for several hours a day for a few days to the TV through a Roku.

The data speeds are all over the place from moment to moment. I have seen them vary from 0.1 to 30 Mbps from one minute to the next as I have tested the new service. Ping is usually around 400 ms, which a'int good. Sometimes the pings get up in the several second range, which is really bad and can cause web sites to time out. Jitter can be bad too. Otherwise, I am not interested in speed tests. If I just use it, it usually works without noticing the speed.

Prior to Visible I used Verizon and AT&T with Tracfone. I never experienced such data speed variability with them. Visible is doing something different*, and not in a good way.

Calls and texts have worked, but I don't do much of those. I had a call yesterday and it sounded like there was a lot of audio delay latency. After the call I checked it with an echo line (509-640-3030) and there was 1 second of delay, round-trip. 600 ms is considered the max for good audio quality. 1000 ms begins to sound like talking to someone on the Moon - Rodger, over.

As someone mentioned, I would not consider the voice service suitable for business calls or good social calls. With the delay, people won't want to talk with you.

The hotspot works and is limited to 1 connected device on my phone, a Moto G7 Power, as advertised. I have not seen hotspot or data on the phone limited to 5 Mbps. Some Android phones and iPhones have been reported to allow more than one device connection to the hotspot. The one connection is not hard or expensive to get around with a bit more hardware.

I am in a party with strangers. We have had to replace two party members in six weeks. This looks to be a bit of a nuisance to keep the discount to $25 a month. The service is not worth $40 a month to me.

When signing up I was unable to get their web site to accept a phone, or number to port to get the free swap phone. Otherwise the web site is meh. The app is basically useless except for quick checks to see if your discount party is still full.

Bottom line: Visible is barely worth $25 a month to me. It is definitely not worth $40. I don't really need unlimited talk, text, and data. I just wanted to try something different after eighteen years on Tracfone.

*Visible does use Verizon cells, but at the cell your traffic gets shunted off to the IMS core rather than the standard Vz system. Vizible's access to the IMS core is reported to be at about four proxy sites around the country. That apparently is not enough for service that is closer to standard Verizon quality. This is likely the source of the data speed variability, high pings and jitter. Shades of the RingPlus system if you remember them. RingPlus was additionally hampered by running on Sprint. They thought they could make IMS work and failed miserably.

Feedback Score
    I've found it okay as a phone plan for calls and texts although I don't really use it much.

I had trouble with the website when trying to apply to join a party. The link supplied by the party member took me to the party okay but when I hit "apply to join this party", nothing really happened. It always returned to a default page, not the "your application was sent" type page. I tried multiple browsers with the same result. I solved it by manually entering the party name on the page rather than use the link.

Just this morning I received my $100 virtual Mastercard. That was a pleasant surprise until I clicked on the link in the email, entered the code and ... "invalid redemption code".

Data speeds seem to be highly variable. I have seen 20 Mbps but most of the time I get < 1 Mbps.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I did end up with a bunch of decent phones through the SWAP deal and use both the ZTE A7 and Blade 10 Prime on At&t Prepaid.
    I have an old Note 3 I can't sell because of age. It is locked to Verizon and works fine around the house as a tablet. I was thinking of doing the swap with a number I don't care about to get a newer phone for $25.

Did you get the phone right away after paying the first month and sending in the old one or did you have to keep service X amount of days to avoid being charged full price?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by user1name View Post
    Visible looks good on paper: unlimited everything, including hotspot, Verizon LTE coverage, low price (easy to be on party pay group with total strangers to lower monthly fee to a flat $25).

However, it is highly variable (your mileage may vary) when it comes to actual service quality and customer support. I would not recommend it if you use your phone for work or any other critical use. If you need Verizon for these situations, stick with postpaid, Verizon prepaid, or at least a stable MVNO you trust.

I've been with Visible since 11/19 and I've found Verizon coverage to be better than the other 3 networks: in the suburbs, metro areas, mountains, beaches and deserts of Southern California.

I've had 2 hiccups where data were extremely slow or nonexistent due to congestions and/or deprioritizations: at a giant suburban shopping mall when it was really crowded (before COVID-19) and at a far-flung small town in the middle of nowhere where apparently most people use Verizon. Even in these two situations, voice call over LTE still works normally.

Normal download/upload speed varied wildly (2-80 Mbps/2-40 Mbps) depending on location and time of day. For $25 per month, there's no better deal for me (and I got a $200 virtual MasterCard for porting in and buying a phone from Visible as well).
    Over 5 years ago I had Verizon service through Straight Talk and had no issues besides terrible customer service. Is theirs throttled, high ping, and heavily de-prioritized now?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast