Thread: Bluetooth disconnect from iPhone 8

Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score

Bluetooth disconnect from iPhone 8

My mother has been using her Plantronics Marque M165 bluetooth with her iPhone 8 for a long time. We first thought that her bluetooth was too old so I got her another one identical bluetooth since she really like it. (I tried convincing her to get Airpods, but she doesn't like it). She said after she leave it powered on for a while, it'll disconnect on it own. When the phone rings, she have to power off and on the bluetooth to re-establish the connection.

Also, if she answered the call on the iPhone, the audio goes to the phone speaker (not loudspeaker), even though the bluetooth is paired to the phone and powered on. If she answered the call on her bluetooth, the audio goes to her bluetooth.

Does anyone know why it behave this way?

Feedback Score
    what ios version is your iphone 8 running ??

Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    what ios version is your iphone 8 running ??
    11.0.x. I forgot the last digit. She didn't have this problem when she first got this phone (2017 ?). I think it started maybe a year ago.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3390 View Post
    11.0.x. I forgot the last digit. She didn't have this problem when she first got this phone (2017 ?). I think it started maybe a year ago.
    some say it has something to do with the ios version - https://discussions.apple.com/thread...22#32304198022 have you tried forgetting the Bluetooth connection and repairing ??

Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    some say it has something to do with the ios version - https://discussions.apple.com/thread...22#32304198022 have you tried forgetting the Bluetooth connection and repairing ??
    Yes, I have unpaired and re-paired both the old and new bluetooth. The problem still existed. I can understand if the iOS was the reason, if it happened from the very start. However, this behavior did not happen at the start. It just happened a year or so ago.

Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    I updated my mother's iPhone 8 to iOS 13.6, but the bluetooth still lose connection after a while. She would have to power cycle the bluetooth several times to get it to re-paired.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256gig (me), iPhone 7 32gig (wife)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think it was when iOS 12 first was released that I had problems with the pairing between my iPhone 7 and my hearing aids and other intercommunication. It took several iOS updates to resolve that. It is, however, different from "normal" bluetooth, something custom within BTLE, the aids using MFi (Made For iPhone) communication protocol.

Pairing to my car audio did not suffer.

Feedback Score
    Just posting to hopefully be able to post a link