Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: cheap plans coming soon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quint101 View Post
    Not sure how these stores are, but when I went to a Cricket store, they are about the higher plans. Certain phones "required" a higher plan (like $55 at the time). You could not just pick any phone and try to get a $30 plan.

These sub $30 plans which require an instore visit seem to be a dealer killer.

I would love to get the $10 plan, but I dont want to go into a store. I have a brain and can pay for a phone. I don't require much hand-holding.
    its usually the 'discount' on the phone that requires the plan. you can typically get any phone and any plan but not necessarily the discounted price on the handset depending on the current promotion. now its possible you got a sales rep. who was assuming you wanted the discounted price even if that was not the intent, but to be honest except with a new change at boost it usually the better deal to take the discounted phone and go with the higher plan for the first month and switch 2nd month to the cheaper plan.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    looking at boost and t-mobile cheapest plans...having to go into the store for the plan vs me just getting everything on their website is a big no cause i would have to drive like 20 miles or so to go to a store...i can go on tmobile get a FREE sim card pick my plan, go on ebay buy some cheap refill cards and pay $10 a month...because of boost and their rules they just lost a new customer...im disabled and im not driving all the way out there

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    looking at boost and t-mobile cheapest plans...having to go into the store for the plan vs me just getting everything on their website is a big no cause i would have to drive like 20 miles or so to go to a store...i can go on tmobile get a FREE sim card pick my plan, go on ebay buy some cheap refill cards and pay $10 a month...because of boost and their rules they just lost a new customer...im disabled and im not driving all the way out there
    Tello has a $10 a month Unl Talk+ Text / 1GB plan if you want Sprint coverage and just want to activate it online. You can use Boost phones and SIM's with it too.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    Tello has a $10 a month Unl Talk+ Text / 1GB plan if you want Sprint coverage and just want to activate it online. You can use Boost phones and SIM's with it too.
    Is it possible to buy a phone at the Boost website and activate on Tello without unlock? The Boost phones are pretty cheap plus had a 20% off code. I think it's school2020, not sure, but it'd lower price on a Moto e6 to maybe $39.99 if still good.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Is it possible to buy a phone at the Boost website and activate on Tello without unlock? The Boost phones are pretty cheap plus had a 20% off code. I think it's school2020, not sure, but it'd lower price on a Moto e6 to maybe $39.99 if still good.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app
    probably not.

its not actually a matter of 'unlocking' either

sprint devices(sprint, boost, virgin mobile) go by a financial eligibility check(FEC) which is a database of how long phones were used on the network sold for and if they have been paid off if they had been financed or leased. the results of the FEC determine where they will be accepted for activation.

many new boost phones would use the t-mobile network now and ones that are still for sprint network i would assume still have some sort of FEC connected to them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    probably not.

its not actually a matter of 'unlocking' either

sprint devices(sprint, boost, virgin mobile) go by a financial eligibility check(FEC) which is a database of how long phones were used on the network sold for and if they have been paid off if they had been financed or leased. the results of the FEC determine where they will be accepted for activation.

many new boost phones would use the t-mobile network now and ones that are still for sprint network i would assume still have some sort of FEC connected to them.
    I had a Boost Moto E4 I used with Tello a year ago. I have no idea if it was unlocked and just assumed all Boost phones would work. Maybe I was wrong. Just shows anyone using any MNVO should check the IMEI on the website before activating or purchasing. Tello is still a good option for someone who can't make it into a Boost store for whatever reason and wants a $10 a month plan.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    The e4 is $99 at Tello.

I'd have to get a phone as my unlocked phones aren't compatible with their network. The ones at Boost aren't too expensive. If considered "unlocked" out of the box to Sprint based MVNOs, it'd be the go to place to get a Tello device. Not going to risk it though if Tello says no way, not on their network.

The Tello new customer offer expires August 20, but good for anyone who wants to try them at $5/mo for a few months.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Tello link. They have cheaper plans, down to $5/mo.

https://tello.com/buy/custom_plans?s...hoCiF8QAvD_BwE

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2