Thread: Getting attachments via email to text

Feedback Score

Getting attachments via email to text

I tried sending an email to text to my dad but the text was received without the attachment. He has TF/Verizon service on an iPhone. I sent the email to vtext.com. Is there another way to send that will allow the attachment or a longer email to be received by him?
    Is this a TracFone issue or a Verizon issue?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    From Verizon Q&A on messaging:

In the To field, enter the 10-digit mobile number of the recipient followed by @vtext.com (e.g., [email protected]).

Note: You can also include an attachment, like a picture or emoji. However, in the To field, enter the 10-digit mobile number of the recipient followed by @vzwpix.com (e.g., [email protected]), instead of @vtext.com.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    From Verizon Q&A on messaging:

In the To field, enter the 10-digit mobile number of the recipient followed by @vtext.com (e.g., [email protected]).

Note: You can also include an attachment, like a picture or emoji. However, in the To field, enter the 10-digit mobile number of the recipient followed by @vzwpix.com (e.g., [email protected]), instead of @vtext.com.
    Sending an MMS to a Tracfone is different than to another phone running on Verizon using @vzwpix.com. A good number of years ago it was changed to @mypixmessages.com. Here is a conversation from 2017 (you are in it):

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...xt-still-works

Not sure if this applies to the other Tracfone companies or other MVNOs.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Sending an MMS to a Tracfone is different than to another phone running on Verizon using @vzwpix.com. A good number of years ago it was changed to @mypixmessages.com. Here is a conversation from 2017 (you are in it).
    You're right, although I forgot all about that post. I just tested sending two emails to my Moto E5 on TF/Verizon. Sending to @mypixmessages.com worked, the one sent to @vzwpix.com got returned as Undeliverable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    You're right, although I forgot all about that post. I just tested sending two emails to my Moto E5 on TF/Verizon. Sending to @mypixmessages.com worked, the one sent to @vzwpix.com got returned as Undeliverable.
    I used the SMS/MMS gateway even before having a smartphone. Mostly between my computer and my phone. Have not used that much later having Bluetooth, WiFi, and email to send files. I had to look up that TF gateway address, having lost record of it from lack of use. A search will commonly bring up @mmst5.tracfone.com, which does not seem to work.

Further testing: I can send an MMS from computer to phone using Yahoo Mail, from phone to Gmail, but not from phone to Yahoo Mail.

Device(s)
    G7 Optimo Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You can use this website to generate the email address for any carrier that can receive an email as a text.

https://www.freecarrierlookup.com/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryST View Post
    You can use this website to generate the email address for any carrier that can receive an email as a text.

https://www.freecarrierlookup.com/
    Does not give the correct address for Tracfone MMS.

Device(s)
    G7 Optimo Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Does not give the correct address for Tracfone MMS.
    Not sure what you mean. There is no tracfone mms. It will tell you the carrier and the the email address with the number + the suffix for that carrier. Verizon, Att&T or T-mobile for both sms and mms.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryST View Post
    Not sure what you mean. There is no tracfone mms. It will tell you the carrier and the the email address with the number + the suffix for that carrier. Verizon, Att&T or T-mobile for both sms and mms.
    TF/Verizon uses a different email address for MMS. I looked up my TF/Verizon number at the site you linked to. It identified the number as on Verizon Wireless and said to use [email protected] for MMS. That will not work for TF/Verizon. See my post #4 above. Since the OP's Dad has his phone on TF/Verizon, that makes all the difference.
    Last edited by hpham; 08-05-2020 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Edited to correct typo.