Thread: Freshly Activated Phones have Super High Pings and Slow Speeds till Tech Support does something?

Feedback Score

Freshly Activated Phones have Super High Pings and Slow Speeds till Tech Support does something?

Has anyone recently activated with Verizon? I am hearing reports that from power-on to first use the ping times are very high and speeds are very slow.Tech Support resets something and then all is well.

It is almost like the user is on the Visible Network at first.

Why not give new customers the fastest speeds and the lowest pings instead of the bad experience at the very beginning and then having them call Tech Support to resolve?

Note I am only talking about the experience immediately after activating a phone on Verizon. Not the day to day experience.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I used to notice this on T-Mobile after swapping SIM’s in a device or activating a new line, and it would clear up on its own after a day or so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    I used to notice this on T-Mobile after swapping SIM’s in a device or activating a new line, and it would clear up on its own after a day or so.
    Thanks. It is good to know that is normal behavior.I wonder what causes it. It seems like something important need to happen like assigning a home area or setting up call routing or some other thing that I don't understand. It just seems like everything is being routed across the ccountry and back and thats why the Pings are high and data is slow until the handsets are configured on the network correctly.