Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Non VoLTE devices will not be activated after August 4th

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
    well, they've banned phones from accessing the band 12 network (due to lack of VoLTE).
    phone can still access tmobile LTE (via band 2/4/...)

https://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...d-smartphones/

are they going to hold the same mindset?
    (we turned off 2G/3G. so these phones no longer can do calling. should they have access to LTE network at all?)
    no: because phone will show signal but no way to call 911
    yes: no feasible way to call 911 at all anyways, allow them access

who knows
    That is fake news.
    I have phone without band 12 , the VoLTE works perfectly on band 2 or band 4 on T-Mobile.
    I cannot believe people still here spreading old fake news.
    No such VoLTE band 12 dependency ever existing.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Androided; 08-14-2020 at 02:17 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    That is fake news.
    I have phone without band 12 , the VoLTE works perfectly on band 2 or band 4 on T-Mobile.
    I cannot believe people still here spreading old fake news.
    No such VoLTE band 12 dependency ever existing.

You are not reading the article correctly, and immediately calling it fake news.

There was a phone. With band 2/4/12 LTE support. No VoLTE support at all, so all calling went via 2g/3g

Phone released with band 2/4/12 LTE. After that, manufacturer released an update that disabled band 12 and removed it from the product page.

T-Mobiles reasoning is because the phone can get on LTE network (but 2g/3g network did not reach phone). So phone has data but cannot call 911. This reasoning can apply to this threads scenario (when 2g/3g is entirely gone, some older phones don't have VoLTE but have LTE data)

https://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1870442-T-mobile-is-Telling-Manufacturers-to-Remove-Band-12-from-Some-Unlocked-Smartphones

Feedback Score
    Phone released with band 2/4/12 LTE. After that, manufacturer released an update that disabled band 12 and removed it from the product page.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ed-Smartphones
    You kept repeating the old fake news again.
    There is no such thing VoLTE band 12 dependency.
    Once awhile (5 years ago), T-Mobile tried to push their LTE band 12 deployment, asked very few manufacturers (T-Mobile branded phone suppliers) to have VoLTE on band 12 or not certified the product. Most manufacturers in world never did business with T-Mobile USA, they didn't care of T-Mobile USA. the requirement got trashed out login time ago, you still trade as your bible .
    As said, some of my phones do not have LTE B12, the VoLTE still working well on B2/B4 , when VoLTE not available, it would automatically switch to 3G/2G for the voice call, this is standard protocols.

Sent from my huawei hma-al00 using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Androided; 08-14-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Feedback Score
    You kept repeating the old fake news again.
    There is no such thing VoLTE band 12 dependency.
    Once awhile (5 years ago), T-Mobile tried to push their LTE band 12 deployment, asked very few manufacturers (T-Mobile branded phone suppliers) to have VoLTE on band 12 or not certified the product. Most manufacturers in world never did business with T-Mobile USA, they didn't care of T-Mobile USA.
    As said, some of my phones do not have LTE B12, the VoLTE still working well on B2/B4 , when VoLTE not available, it would automatically switch to 3G/2G for the voice call, this is standard protocols.

I'm not sure why you keep calling it fake news when it actually happened, Motorola admits it happened, phone was sold in USA market

Note that I didn't say that tmobile banned all phones from accessing band 12. I've just said that TMobile did ban phones on band12, plus link to an example. (Maybe ban is too strong of a word. Stopped is better word?)

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...omment/cspx7kt

This was a carrier requirement over concerns about Band 12 connections by phones that are not capable of VoLTE. On non-VoLTE phones like the MOTO E, your phone could even show you have a signal, but would be unable to complete a call
    That's exactly what will happened when 2g/3g sunsets?

I am saying this for older LTE phones that do not have volte at all. You keep talking about your phone that has volte but doesn't support band 12. I don't care about your phone, I don't care about band 12, your phonr won't be affected by 2g/3g sunset. It will only get LTE (band 2/4) connection and have volte. No LTE? No signal. Nothing to worry on T-Mobiles end

Many people have older phones that support LTE data but not volte. When 2g/3g sunsets, they will show signal on LTE. But cannot complete call. That's exactly the scenario that Motorola says happened . Theses phones could just support band 2/4 only, not even band 12. I'm just pointing to the band 12 example of how TMobile reacted to this scenario

So what does TMobile do for these old phones after 2g/3g sunset? Block these phones entirely from LTE network, or allow them? These phone will show LTE (band 2/4 or whatever) signal but cannot complete call
    Last edited by paperwastage; 08-14-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure why you keep calling it fake news when it actually happened, Motorola admits it happened, phone was sold in USA market

Note that I didn't say that tmobile banned all phones from accessing band 12. I've just said that TMobile did ban phones on band12, plus link to an example. (Maybe ban is too strong of a word. Stopped is better word?)

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...omment/cspx7kt

That's exactly what will happened when 2g/3g sunsets?

I am saying this for older LTE phones that do not have volte at all. You keep talking about your phone that has volte but doesn't support band 12. I don't care about your phone, I don't care about band 12, your phonr won't be affected by 2g/3g sunset. It will only get LTE (band 2/4) connection and have volte. No LTE? No signal. Nothing to worry on T-Mobiles end

Many people have older phones that support LTE data but not volte. When 2g/3g sunsets, they will show signal on LTE. But cannot complete call. That's exactly the scenario that Motorola says happened . Theses phones could just support band 2/4 only, not even band 12. I'm just pointing to the band 12 example of how TMobile reacted to this scenario

So what does TMobile do for these old phones after 2g/3g sunset? Block these phones entirely from LTE network, or allow them? These phone will show LTE (band 2/4 or whatever) signal but cannot complete call
    You never stop giving in your fake news.
    There is no LTE B12 banning access, it had been proved it's false 5-years ago. T-Mobile always gave up it's pushing for B12 for long time but you still stuck in 5-year old fake news.
    I still have 4~5 more years old Moto G4 phone ( unlocked US market version) phone at that time, its VoLTE on all T-Mobile LTE bands.
    Again, T-Mobile never banned phone VoLTE access for the phone without LTE B12. There never is a VoLTE B12 dependency

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Androided; 08-14-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Galaxy S20 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    So if you sim swap to a phone thats outdated will it get service at all, or just not the best service?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Galaxy S20 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
    So if you sim swap to a phone thats outdated will it get service at all, or just not the best service?
    In some areas, no service; in other areas 2nd or 3rd-rate service. So, taking that old TM506 I tested a few days ago, in areas with only LTE or LTE+band-2 HSPA, it would get no service. Only in areas with band-4 HSPA or band-2 GSM would it work.

Feedback Score
    You never stop giving in your fake news.
    There is no LTE B12 banning access, it had been proved it's false 5-years ago. T-Mobile always gave up it's pushing for B12 for long time but you still stuck in 5-year old fake news.
    I still have 4~5 more years old Moto G4 phone ( unlocked US market version) phone at that time, its VoLTE on all T-Mobile LTE bands.
    Again, T-Mobile never banned phone VoLTE access for the phone without LTE B12. There never is a VoLTE B12 dependency
    you didn't address my 2nd points. forget about the band12 volte thing. address my comment below

Many people have older phones that support LTE data but not volte. When 2g/3g sunsets, they will show signal on LTE. But cannot complete call. That's exactly the scenario that Motorola says happened . Theses phones could just support band 2/4 only, not even band 12.

I'm just pointing to the band 12 example of how TMobile reacted to this scenario
    go back and read my post before responding. literally it's exactly what Motorola said

these are exact words that a motorola rep said
    On non-VoLTE phones like the MOTO E, your phone could even show you have a signal, but would be unable to complete a call
    This was a carrier requirement over concerns about Band 12 connections by phones that are not capable of VoLTE.
    replace band 12, with <ALL LTE connection> when 2g/3g sunsets, and these phones connect via band 2/4 LTE

This was a carrier requirement over concerns about Band 2/4 LTE connections by phones that are not capable of VoLTE, and no 2g/3g network to fallback on. On non-VoLTE Band 2/4 phones like the <insert phone>, your phone could even show you have a signal, but would be unable to complete a call
    <- this may or may not be true. i'm just saying that the scenarios are similar in some ways

Feedback Score
    paperwastage is 100% right. In 2014/2015 T-Mobile go new licenses for LTE Band 12 in many areas in the US but did not get 2G/3G licenses in these areas. At the same time, all areas (without single exception) with existing licenses for LTE Bands 2 and 4 were covered by 2G/3G.

To prevent situation when the phone shows the signal but can not make phone calls (including 911) T-Mobile requested Motorola and some other manufacturers of the phones sold in US to disable Band 12.

At that time, Band 12 was almost solely used by T-Mobile, there was no other operators using this band.

Starting from 2016, all unlocked phones officially sold in US have VoLTE and support Band 12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RFK View Post
    paperwastage is 100% right. In 2014/2015 T-Mobile go new licenses for LTE Band 12 in many areas in the US but did not get 2G/3G licenses in these areas. At the same time, all areas (without single exception) with existing licenses for LTE Bands 2 and 4 were covered by 2G/3G.

To prevent situation when the phone shows the signal but can not make phone calls (including 911) T-Mobile requested Motorola and some other manufacturers of the phones sold in US to disable Band 12.

At that time, Band 12 was almost solely used by T-Mobile, there was no other operators using this band.

Starting from 2016, all unlocked phones officially sold in US have VoLTE and support Band 12.
    This is over 60% false.
    There is only have license for spectrum, not for generation license. T-Mobile decided to use B12 as LTE, also it could be used for 2G/3G/4G/5G or xG on it, the technology evolution made T-Mobile only use B12 for LTE.
    T-Mobile once awhile to push LTE B12 deployment , and asked it's suppliers to make VoLTE on B12 or not have B12 LTE (in 2015). The top phone makers , only the smaller one, Motorola followed and gave up later on. All other phone makers didn't care of TMobile USA, all ignored T-Mobile, I always doing enable the RF band by myself. I am tzone users for 14 years, I never use T-Mobile branded phone for more than 10 years, we don't care of any T-Mobile's requirements, I enable/disable any RF bands and alter IMEI on my phones per my interests.
    I have unlocked version Moto G4 and ZTE zmax did have LTE B12, but no have VoLTE at the time of release, eventually the OTA update made VoLTE.
    Most (if not all) phones for att, Sprint, Verizon branded, even have VoLTE ,but not compatible with T-Mobile anyway.

Last edited by Androided; 08-15-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Feedback Score
    This is over 60% false.
    There is only have license for spectrum, not for generation license. T-Mobile decided to use B12 as LTE, also it could be used for 2G/3G/4G/5G or xG on it, the technology evolution made T-Mobile only use B12 for LTE.
    This is 100% false. T-Mobile could not use B12 for 2G/3G because there was no/there is no/there will never be phones supporting 2G/3G on Band 12.

Bottom line: in areas of Band 12 (in 2014-2015) T-Mobile had 4G LTE but did not have 2G/3G. As result of this, any phone with Band12 but without VoLTE could not be used for calling/911 despite having signal. It is safety issue and T-Mobile requested manufacturers to disable Band 12 if the phone does not support VoLTE. Period.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RFK View Post
    This is 100% false. T-Mobile could not use B12 for 2G/3G because there was no/there is no/there will never be phones supporting 2G/3G on Band 12.

Bottom line: in areas of Band 12 (in 2014-2015) T-Mobile had 4G LTE but did not have 2G/3G. As result of this, any phone with Band12 but without VoLTE could not be used for calling/911 despite having signal. It is safety issue and T-Mobile requested manufacturers to disable Band 12 if the phone does not support VoLTE. Period.
    People still none sense talking about 2G/3G.
    I haven't used on 2G/3G for over 6 more years.
    I barely make phone call, If I need call I use Google voice or Skype for Business to make PSTN call, all are on LTE, never need 2G/3G

We never use T-Mobile branded phone, we don't care what T-Mobile trying to limit it's customers

Last edited by Androided; 08-15-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Feedback Score
    People still none sense talking about 2G/3G.
    I haven't used on 2G/3G for over 6 more years.
    I barely make phone call, If I need call I use Google voice or Skype for Business to make PSTN call, all are on LTE, never need 2G/3G

We never use T-Mobile branded phone, we don't care what T-Mobile trying to limit it's customers

then you're in the completely wrong thread?

this thread is talking about non VoLTE devices, and how they are 100% affected by the 2g/3g shutdown (no more voice calling since there's no 2G/3G and no VoLTE)

not everyone is smart enough to use VoIP (or the tmobile digits app), and FCC/tmobile has to cater for that

what would tmobile do in this case? do what they did with band 12?

My guess:
    if at&t doesn't shutdown 2g/3g, then t-mobile might block these phones entirely, so that the device will just hang out in emergency mode, connected to at&t 2g/3g and can call 911
    if at&t shuts down 2g/3g, no need to, since phone can never connect to 2g/3g to call 911 anymore (edge cases at the border where phone potentially connect to canadian/mexican 2g/3g)

Feedback Score
    then you're in the completely wrong thread?

this thread is talking about non VoLTE devices, and how they are 100% affected by the 2g/3g shutdown (no more voice calling since there's no 2G/3G and no VoLTE)

not everyone is smart enough to use VoIP (or the tmobile digits app), and FCC/tmobile has to cater for that

what would tmobile do in this case? do what they did with band 12?

My guess:
    if at&t doesn't shutdown 2g/3g, then t-mobile might block these phones entirely, so that the device will just hang out in emergency mode, connected to at&t 2g/3g and can call 911
    if at&t shuts down 2g/3g, no need to, since phone can never connect to 2g/3g to call 911 anymore (edge cases at the border where phone potentially connect to canadian/mexican 2g/3g)
    Most (if not all) at&t, Sprint and Verizon branded VoLTE phones are not working on T-Mobile VoLTE, even they got unlocked....
    No one cares of band 12 nowadays, T-Mobile likes B71/N71 more than band 12.
    People still lying about the non-existing VoLTE LTE band 12 dependency.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast