Thread: Non VoLTE devices will not be activated after August 4th

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Non VoLTE devices will not be activated after August 4th

“The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    That sucks. Many rooted or custom roms androids have faulty volte.
    I also have a flip phone in the family that uses 3g/2g
    I have been looking into new flip phones but i dont want android on them.

Feedback Score
    Why need activate ? Who cares ?
    Just put an activated SIM card to a phone .

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cr0w View Post
    T-MO has the Go Flip 3, which is an enhanced version of the widely used Alcatel Flip series. Overpriced at $100 though. There is the less expensive AT&T Smartflip which is about the same thing. Not sure if you could run one on T-MO. Might be SIM locked.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Galaxy S20 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    I think the take-away is that 2G and 3G (HSPA+) are going to be phased out, sooner rather than later.
    It appears that T-Mobile won't be giving any special trade-in deals on old phones, either. It says, "Existing device offers and pricing..."
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    That sucks. Many rooted or custom roms androids have faulty volte.
    I also have a flip phone in the family that uses 3g/2g
    Even the flips all run Android now. If you want a working phone you literally only have 2 choices: Apple or Google.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Even the flips all run Android now. If you want a working phone you literally only have 2 choices: Apple or Google.
    The Alcatels run KaiOS. I've messed with the AT&T and Cricket versions (and had the T-Mobile one for about 24 hours to test out for work) and they're not bad for a basic phone. It just seems impossible to unlock them through any third-party means.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    It appears that T-Mobile won't be giving any special trade-in deals on old phones, either. It says, "Existing device offers and pricing..."
    Yep, those carrier retail phone stores are in it to sell phones more than service. Some will not even help with a network service problem unless you bought the phone from THEIR store! Even Best Buy can be this way.

Feedback Score
    This is a bit tough one for me... VoLTE and unlocked handsets anyone? Wasn't that a pain ever since it came out and probably still is? I guess I could say I'm more disappointed in the VoLTE spec that didn't make this as easy as making a GSM/HSPA call. Config lists, IMS settings, etc. In todays age is it possible just to get the tower to push the necessary config?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @Class View Post
    This is a bit tough one for me... VoLTE and unlocked handsets anyone? Wasn't that a pain ever since it came out and probably still is? I guess I could say I'm more disappointed in the VoLTE spec that didn't make this as easy as making a GSM/HSPA call. Config lists, IMS settings, etc. In todays age is it possible just to get the tower to push the necessary config?
    Don't know what phones you are referring to. I got my first VoLTE phone (Moto G6) 20 months ago. All I had to do was toggle on the VoLTE setting. Last month i got a Moto G7 Power. It was ready to go with VoLTE right out of the box - same for a Galaxy A20 last December.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Don't know what phones you are referring to. I got my first VoLTE phone (Moto G6) 20 months ago. All I had to do was toggle on the VoLTE setting. Last month i got a Moto G7 Power. It was ready to go with VoLTE right out of the box - same for a Galaxy A20 last December.
    Many phones no need to trigger the VoLTE setting, it should be automatically

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    For many people regularly here, that is probably not a problem. But for many, if they wanted to move to T-Mobile, they may not have an extra compatible phone to "activate" service with.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Like some of you guys noted, i picked up from a store do testing, the alcatel flip 3 ... this is for my grandma, she is about 220 years old .. so, she refuses to learn anything. My grandpops in the the other hand is using an iphone se.
    So the flip uses kaiOS, is a little buggy, i wish it had the easyness of the old samsung flips or the jiggerbug phone. She only does calling, no text, no data, i tried to teach her but she rather kick me out the house :/
    I will ise the flip for a week, and she will use her samsung flip phone until 2g/3g sunsets.
    I wish i can unlock a jitterbug phone... i think thats consumer cellular right? ..

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Galaxy S20 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    ...I wish i can unlock a jitterbug phone... i think thats consumer cellular right? ..
    My understanding is that "Jitterbug" is like "Nexus" or "Pixel" the phones can be made by anyone but the branding belongs to one company. Great Call in the case of Jitterbug and Google in the case of Nexus and Pixel. Consumer Cellular sells the Doro phones including the 7050 (DFC-0180), which has LTE (bands 2, 4, 5, 7 & 12) but since it runs on AT&T's net, I don't know if it has VoLTE or not. The is the only Doro flip phone I can find with band 12.

Feedback Score
    So the flip uses kaiOS, is a little buggy, i wish it had the easyness of the old samsung flips or the jiggerbug phone. She only does calling, no text, no data, i tried to teach her but she rather kick me out the house :/
    Does it have to be a flip style phone? There are simple launchers for seniors you can put on any Android phone.

https://play.google.com/store/search...seniors&c=apps

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast