Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Contacting Apple For Tracfone Sold iPhone Issues?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post

Usually refurbished phones have a warranty provided by the refurbisher, but I can't say for sure what warranty your refurbished 6s Plus from TF came with.

But I do know for sure that if you're still within the TF return or warranty (for refurbished products) window, you can send it back to TF for a refund or exchange.
    Look back to my Post #17 from yesterday. There is NO warranty on refurbished iPhones sold by Tracfone. Only option is to send it back within 30 days. OP was told this by TF CS early on.
    Last edited by loboheeler; 07-24-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Look back to my Post #17 from yesterday. There is NO warranty on refurbished iPhones sold by Tracfone. Only option is to send it back within 30 days. OP was told this by TF CS early on.
    Actually, in my first call to Tracfone, that option was never mentioned. I was only told to "contact Apple." I found out about the return option from Googling. I called Tracfone and told them I wanted to return phone after reading it was an option.

My reason for posting here, was to find out if anyone had actually called Apple about a dead or broken iPhone sold by Tracfone. In truth, contacting Apple about a bad phone would be better than going through Tracfone. Alas Tracfone doesn't even give any Apple contact info. Tracfone just "pushes you out of the plane" so to speak. Tracfone's first option should be to have phone returned or replaced - not to say "call Apple."

Feedback Score
    I can't guarantee that this QVC info is correct, but according to https://www.qvc.com/footers/el/pdf/E..._Warranty.pdf:

LIMITED WARRANTY
    All new TracFone phones (except iPhones) are covered by a one (1) year limited warranty administered by TracFone as set forth below.
    All reconditioned or refurbished phones sold by TracFone (except iPhones) have a ninety (90) day limited warranty as do all wireless accessories sold by TracFone.
    New Apple iPhones are covered by a one-year limited warranty offered and administered by Apple. Please visit apple.com for more information.
    To the extent available for purchase, refurbished iPhones and certified pre-owned phones are not covered by a limited warranty but may be returned for a refund within 30 days of purchase.

This matches what loboheeler stated.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by romaparisdoma View Post
    Actually, in my first call to Tracfone, that option was never mentioned. I was only told to "contact Apple." I found out about the return option from Googling. I called Tracfone and told them I wanted to return phone after reading it was an option.

My reason for posting here, was to find out if anyone had actually called Apple about a dead or broken iPhone sold by Tracfone. In truth, contacting Apple about a bad phone would be better than going through Tracfone. Alas Tracfone doesn't even give any Apple contact info. Tracfone just "pushes you out of the plane" so to speak. Tracfone's first option should be to have phone returned or replaced - not to say "call Apple."
    If the phone was defective from the beginning you should not be paying for shipping it back for a return-full refund.
    You can always contact the Miami BBB, as they seem to have a knack for motivating Tracfone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    If the phone was defective from the beginning you should not be paying for shipping it back for a return-full refund.
    You can always contact the Miami BBB, as they seem to have a knack for motivating Tracfone.

True - but that's how Trac rolls. They didn't send me an RMA, a label - nothing. I had to ask them for the return address. I've already wasted a lot of time with TP so I'm not going to call anyone else. I'm happy to pay a few beans to be rid of the Apple paperweight I have - nice as it is on the surface

Feedback Score
    This matches what loboheeler stated.
    I found it in the Terms and Conditions of Service section III. LIMITED WARRANTY on the Tracfone website. They don't state the warranty terms for any phones on the product pages. It's very lousy they make you dig for it.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Some people here don’t seem to be aware of how Apple warranties work.

I’ve bought a total of 3 “refurbished” iPhones from Tracfone companies. 2 Total Wireless SEs from Walmart back a couple of years ago and a 6s+ within the past month. All 3 still work fine.

Apple’s 1 year warranty starts when the phone is first activated with Apple by the original purchaser. If the phone is returned and resold as “refurbished” by a 3rd party (not apple) the buyer gets whatever time is remaining of the original warranty. This 6s+ I have has an Apple warranty good until April of 2021, verified on the Apple website and in the phone’s menu. From the Apple website, I found that my 6s+ was originally activated in Asia.

Those SEs I got before also had from 3 to 6 months left on their original Apple warranties when I got them.

You can check Apple warranty here https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Oh, for what it’s worth, I also just bought a Simple Mobile (a Tracfone company) 6s brand new on Amazon for $100. Sealed box, full one year Apple warranty. They may be out of production, but someone must have had some still in a warehouse somewhere.

I had SE as a backup phone for a couple of years, with an Android as primary. But I recently got fed up enough with Google to go “full Apple” and decided to get the last of the iPhones with real headphone jacks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic55 View Post
    Some people here don’t seem to be aware of how Apple warranties work.

I’ve bought a total of 3 “refurbished” iPhones from Tracfone companies. 2 Total Wireless SEs from Walmart back a couple of years ago and a 6s+ within the past month. All 3 still work fine.

Apple’s 1 year warranty starts when the phone is first activated with Apple by the original purchaser. If the phone is returned and resold as “refurbished” by a 3rd party (not apple) the buyer gets whatever time is remaining of the original warranty. This 6s+ I have has an Apple warranty good until April of 2021, verified on the Apple website and in the phone’s menu. From the Apple website, I found that my 6s+ was originally activated in Asia.

Those SEs I got before also had from 3 to 6 months left on their original Apple warranties when I got them.

You can check Apple warranty here https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

Tracfone doesn't know how Apple warranties work either.

Thanks for site. I put my phone's serial # in, and it said I had a valid purchase date, and that I qualified for "complimenntary technical telephone support." There was a link to "Apple Support" but its dead.

Results on checkcoverage site said I was elegible for "covered repairs and service" support through july 2021. I'll try
    again after the weekend. Thanks

Feedback Score

Thanks for site. I put my phone's serial # in, and it said I had a valid purchase date, and that I qualified for "complimenntary technical telephone support." There was a link to "Apple Support" but its dead.

Results on checkcoverage site said I was elegible for "covered repairs and service" support through july 2021. I'll try
    again after the weekend. Thanks
    Hmmm...having a valid 1 year warranty on a $65 iPhone 6 Plus changes things, in my opinion. In that case, I would definitely let Apple do a warranty replacement or repair.

Feedback Score
    Hmmm...having a valid 1 year warranty on a $65 iPhone 6 Plus changes things, in my opinion. In that case, I would definitely let Apple do a warranty replacement or repair.
    Sure thing. I would rather have Apple handle phone than Tracfone. But I have to see what "telephone technical support" means. I also have to find new contact since link didn't work

Feedback Score

So, the warranty is a ticking clock from the original registration with Apple. They seem not to care about the history since the original owner. Seems stupid that Tracfone does not have this information to pass on to the customer.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well, they weren’t *totally* wrong in saying to contact Apple. Just quite unhelpful in not explaining anything further.

Clicking around the Apple site, I eventually saw this:

“Apple support options are currently limited. Thank you for your patience and understanding.“

I think I read that some of the Apple stores are currently shut down due to COVID-19. Since the stores do actual support, that probably has, in turn, overloaded their remaining support infrastructure.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    So, the warranty is a ticking clock from the original registration with Apple. They seem not to care about the history since the original owner. Seems stupid that Tracfone does not have this information to pass on to the customer.
    The one sticky point with Apple is that they can deny warranty claims if any non-genuine Apple parts were used to repair the phone. But I doubt Tracfone does any real repairs, they probably just check that the phone boots up and throw it in a box.

Feedback Score
    The one sticky point with Apple is that they can deny warranty claims if any non-genuine Apple parts were used to repair the phone. But I doubt Tracfone does any real repairs, they probably just check that the phone boots up and throw it in a box.
    But in this case, it may actually be a brand new iPhone 6S Plus, sold as refurb.

Since there is a year of warranty remaining, that probably means romaparisdoma was the first to activate it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast