Thread: Online phone swap

Feedback Score

Online phone swap

Has anybody ever got this to work? I have tried it a couple of times and never worked and have to end up calling CS

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    If you’re trying to swap to a non-Metro purchased phone, it won’t work. You have to call in for those.

Device(s)
    Cricket Moto g7 supra,metro Moto g7pwr, visible g7bpwr
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,visible,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Are they charging for this again?

Feedback Score
    as long as you go online and not into a store should be free, the phone must have history on metro network. meaning either metro branded or its been on the networks at least once before. this is ensure it is properly classified in the system as an iphone, android, or other device. after the first time the BYOD can be swapped off and on the account any number of times on the website.

one other restriction that i believe is supposed to be in place(i have been told it is but have heard otherwise at times from users) is that any brand new phone cannot be removed from the account without going to the original store of purchase during the first 7 days after purchase. meaning it is not supposed to be possible to buy a device and than go home and immiediatly place a different device on the line. i believe the intention of this is to protect dealers who have to eat the cost of rebates on handsets that are given away free or heavily discounted and not used for at least 7 days on the line of purchase. it is also meant to crack down on 'gaming the system' where one line on an account qualifies for a discount upgrade to make less easy to buy the upgrade on one line to use on another(that may not of qualified for the discounted price)

overall metro has been taking several steps lately to discourage(although not necessarily eliminate) anything it considers 'gaming the system' concerning phone discounts.

Device(s)
    Cricket Moto g7 supra,metro Moto g7pwr, visible g7bpwr
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,visible,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, I did a so a couple of days ago, couldn't find an online link, but 611 menu did it. Didn't mention a charge