Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

No more NEW Sprint Customers after Aug 2nd

https://www.cnet.com/news/t-mobile-w...s-coming-soon/

T-Mobile CEO Mike Sievert told CNET that Sprint will no longer be accepting new customers after Aug. 2. He adds, however, that while Sprint-branded stores will be going away, the company isn't "sunsetting the brand."

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    https://www.cnet.com/news/t-mobile-w...s-coming-soon/

T-Mobile CEO Mike Sievert told CNET that Sprint will no longer be accepting new customers after Aug. 2. He adds, however, that while Sprint-branded stores will be going away, the company isn't "sunsetting the brand."

Does that basically mean no activates on the sprint network? So you have to activate will TMO?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Does that basically mean no activates on the sprint network? So you have to activate will TMO?

To be honest I don’t know?

I should of said “new customers,” instead of new activations .

I’ll edit the title.

Feedback Score
    If TM isn't sunsetting the Sprint what is their plan for the Sprint name? Prepaid only & get rid (merge with) of TM prepaid?
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    If TM isn't sunsetting the Sprint what is their plan for the Sprint name? Prepaid only & get rid (merge with) of TM prepaid?
    I wonder if it's going to be for certain areas other than wireless—Sprint has an extensive fiber network and the name could live on in that area and B2B products: https://www.sprint.net

Verizon seems to have kept the MCI name around in a similar way (a lot of the fiber in my area that is feeding new Verizon 5G towers (the small utility poles with a panel or two on them) has MCI markers and they look rather recent—not like the Ameritech- or SBC-branded boxes that AT&T has mostly left as-is.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    I wonder if it's going to be for certain areas other than wireless—Sprint has an extensive fiber network and the name could live on in that area and B2B products: https://www.sprint.net
    This would be my guess, business-oriented non-wireless solutions.

I don't expect Sprint branding for prepaid or anything like that, since T-Mobile already has that with Metro.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    Not sure how this will affect Sprint customers, but T-Mobile is going to shut down non-VoLTE service in January 2021. I guess it depends on how long the Sprint network is kept in operation.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/0...d-off-january/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Not sure how this will affect Sprint customers, but T-Mobile is going to shut down non-VoLTE service in January 2021. I guess it depends on how long the Sprint network is kept in operation.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/0...d-off-january/
    Once TMO moves all sprint customers over it will be not long after that their 3G will be shutdown also.

Feedback Score
    Will an iPhone 7 originally on Verizon work on T-Mobile after the end of the year?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
    Will an iPhone 7 originally on Verizon work on T-Mobile after the end of the year?
    Yes. For iPhones, it doesn't matter where you got them, but anything 6 or newer (including SE) supports VoLTE. Sprint didn't support it on a network-level with older iPhones, but T-Mobile does. One quick way to check if you're using VoLTE is if your phone stays on LTE while in a call.

Feedback Score
    Once TMO moves all sprint customers over it will be not long after that their 3G will be shutdown also.
    Not sure when the T-Mobile network can handle the Sprint customers without overload. Lots of system integration work left to be done.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Not sure when the T-Mobile network can handle the Sprint customers without overload. Lots of system integration work left to be done.
    Hopefully by using sprints spectrum the PCS spectrum can be done software update. They are already using some I'm NYC. B2 when from 10x10 to 15x15. But new York should be fine has it is getting 2.5 also

Feedback Score
    Hopefully by using sprints spectrum the PCS spectrum can be done software update. They are already using some I'm NYC. B2 when from 10x10 to 15x15. But new York should be fine has it is getting 2.5 also

last time I checked all that 2.5 GHz is being used for 5G. So not really going to help the 95% still using non 5G phones

Feedback Score
    All I know is they better allow me to keep my three sprint hotspots and plans. Two Mifi 8000 (50gb) and the HTC Hub (100gb). I understand that the hub is 5g so that won’t ever be used on 5g but my LTE speeds on all three are exceptional. I had a long discussion with a Sprint chat rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    All I know is they better allow me to keep my three sprint hotspots and plans. Two Mifi 8000 (50gb) and the HTC Hub (100gb). I understand that the hub is 5g so that won’t ever be used on 5g but my LTE speeds on all three are exceptional. I had a long discussion with a Sprint chat rep...
    And what information did you glean from the Sprint CSR?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast