Thread: Considering move from prepaid to post

Feedback Score

Considering move from prepaid to post

Hello all.
    So we have 5 lines. 1 line (mine) is on straight talk and I have been extremely happy. The other (4) phones (family members) are on cricket right now with (2) Apple Iphone 8+ and (2) Moto X4's. I am going to stay with straight talk for me. However, the Moto X4's are really bad these days and I wlll be getting (2) Iphones for my wife and daughter. So (2) Iphone 8+ and (2) Iphone whatevers. Likely the XR if I go with ATT.

But I have not looked at Postpaid for quite some time and have been very happy to be without a contract. However, I did the math on purchasing (2) XR's outright as opposed to the deal ATT has right now ($5/month for XR) and it seems like a good deal.

So what are the thoughts here on ATT vs Verizon for postpaid.? If I went this route I would get the (2) phones using their 24 month deal.

Any thoughts? As I type this I am thinking maybe I stick with prepaid...lol.
    THanks
    Dave

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    The only other reason I see for going postpaid would be roaming (domestic and international). Also, if you must have the very fastest service, you're limited to 8 Mbps with Cricket but that's fast enough for 99.9% of customers.

If you're located in a big city, getting phones with big Carrier Aggregation is probably a good idea but in suburban and rural markets, there are more options. Where are you located and have you considered T-Mobile or a T-Mobile MVNO?
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Thanks...

We are in Western NY and the cricket plan we are on is $100 for 4 lines. 3Mps speed. But honestly, that is completely fine for them.
    No complaints at all. It think the only reason I was considering postpaid with AT&T is the $5/month for the Apple XR phones. I need to get a couple XR's and they exist on Amazon (refurb) for $500 per phone. So I did the math and at the end of 2 years ATT postpaid with all it's fees, etc would cost me $400 more. Plus I get new phones as opposed to refurb and no speed limitations.

It seems like a good deal to go postpaid.

We tried T-Mobile in our area and it was decent but the coverage in our area was not as good as ATT.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    OK. Sounds to me like you've done your due diligence. It's just that in NY those taxes and fees are pretty high. But worse case, after you pay the phones off, you can slip back to Cricket. Oh and a good way to check out T-Mobile's current coverage is to buy a Mint Mobile SIM and use it for a week. They run between $1 and $5 depending on where you look.

Feedback Score
    True...But I just can't get myself to go back to prepaid paying those fees. So I will likely just buy the (2) Xrs out of pocket and stick with Cricket...OR...I am looking at Visible as well. For 4 lines it would cost the same as Cricket and I would get hot spot and slighly better speed. And likely better coverage.

Thanks for your feedback.