Thread: Phone is still locked

Feedback Score

Phone is still locked

PagePlusCellular cs agents told me twice my phone is unlocked. I purchased/installed a Red Pocket Cellular SIM and it won't activate. I then found an app that tested the network which says it is still locked! Red Pocket says PPC must unlock it. I purchased it from PPC's agent in FL: PagePlusPhonestore.com, 1500 Tradeport Drive, Orlando, 32824, Florida United States, Email Address: [email protected]
    Can someone tell me what is going on?Name:  Network still locked by ppc.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  63.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Serial Port; 07-15-2020 at 04:43 PM.

Feedback Score
    What phone model? That check you show isn't 100% accurate. Has it been active with PP for the required year? Did you request an unlock?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    What phone model? That check you show isn't 100% accurate. Has it been active with PP for the required year? Did you request an unlock?
    Samsung SM-S767VL
    used for 13 mos. on PagePlusCellular
    Yes...I posted the screenshot of the PPC 'confirmation' that they'd unlocked it.
    I noticed at TracFone's unlocking site the requirement that the phone NOT have had a number ported to it...which I did at activation with PPC 13 mos. ago. So that 'eliminates' me from TracFone's unlocking 'services'.
    Do I have to 'sell my soul to Satan' to get this phone unlocked?

Feedback Score
    Their page about unlocking is way out of date like most info on their site. Port doesn't matter. Do a chat with them; I think you need to request the unlock and they send you a code (like your screen shot shows "requires network pin"), they don't just do it automatically.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjnva View Post
    ...I then found an app that tested the network...
    OP what app & where can I get it? Thank you.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT $60 360 days
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21

Feedback Score
    "Phone Check and Test" by inPocket Software on Google Play

Feedback Score
    Their page about unlocking is way out of date like most info on their site. Port doesn't matter. Do a chat with them; I think you need to request the unlock and they send you a code (like your screen shot shows "requires network pin"), they don't just do it automatically.
    Whose page about unlocking are you referring to?
    (If TracFone's unlocking page) Tracfone's conditions explicitly excludes phones with ported-in numbers...
    I'll try chatting w/ TracFone. It hasn't gone well in the past...
    Why does my Samsung Model SM-S767VL; Hardware S767VL.04 show a TracFone flash-display while booting-up even when the SIM card for PPC is removed?

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    (If TracFone's unlocking page) Tracfone's conditions explicitly excludes phones with ported-in numbers...
    Why does my Samsung Model SM-S767VL; Hardware S767VL.04 show a TracFone flash-display while booting-up even when the SIM card for PPC is removed?
    Lots of branded phones have only that brand's firmware on it. So it will still have branded firmware on it.

Feedback Score

You're talking about PAGE PLUS, so the PP port info page is where I assume you got the "no ported numbers" info.
    You need to chat with PP, not TF. You said your phone came from PP.
    PPC is a Tracfone sub company. All PPC phones and sims are TF labled. You can use any TF phone/sim on any TF company. (assuming it's compatible with the network,,vzw, att, tm...you want.) In the case of PP it's vzw. Your VL model is vzw. The TF company you activate the phone/sim with and that companies plans governs you.
    NEVER believe 100% what a CSR tells you if it doesn't sound right. Try another CSR.

Feedback Score
    You're talking about PAGE PLUS, so the PP port info page is where I assume you got the "no ported numbers" info.
    You need to chat with PP, not TF. You said your phone came from PP.
    PPC is a Tracfone sub company. All PPC phones and sims are TF labled. You can use any TF phone/sim on any TF company. (assuming it's compatible with the network,,vzw, att, tm...you want.) In the case of PP it's vzw. Your VL model is vzw. The TF company you activate the phone/sim with and that companies plans governs you.
    NEVER believe 100% what a CSR tells you if it doesn't sound right. Try another CSR.
    I did (try 2x CSR who both said the same...maybe even a third lied.) Meanwhile, I finally got a reply from the phone retailer: Quality One Wireless in Orlando, FL. Here's a summary: "Bought (unknowingly) a locked Galaxy J7 Crown Model SM-S767VL; Hardware S767VL.04 from Quality One Wireless in Orlando, FL (to use on PagePlusCellular; Verizon Vte/CDMA). PPC said they unlocked but lied. QOW says: "...unlocked or not it is only compatible with Tracfone/Page Plus service. The IMEI of the device is not in Verizon's ODI database." I don't understand what they are talking about? Someone please explain...(I was using Verizon services w/ PPC....)"
    I still want to use Verizon and Red Pocket Mobile says the phone 'shows' as being registered on their system with my old phone number ported but it won't place calls/connect with any Verizon tower(s)? I also noticed I only had 2G service connections using PPC (what's with that? They wouldn't connect my not-so-old phone in 2019/made me purchase a new phone (this one) to connect me!))

Feedback Score
    QOW says: "...unlocked or not it is only compatible with Tracfone/Page Plus service. The IMEI of the device is not in Verizon's ODI database." I don't understand what they are talking about? Someone please explain...(I was using Verizon services w/ PPC....)"
    Tracfone Wireless phones are excluded from the Verizon master "whitelist" and will fail their IMEI check. You can't activate a Tracfone Wireless phone on Verizon directly, locked or unlocked. Not sure if anyone has got a Tracfone Wireless phone to activate on another Verizon MVNO. If not, you can only activate within the Tracfone Wireless companies once unlocked.

You might also check this:
    https://swappa.com/esn

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Tracfone Wireless phones are excluded from the Verizon master "whitelist" and will fail their IMEI check. You can't activate a Tracfone Wireless phone on Verizon directly, locked or unlocked. Not sure if anyone has got a Tracfone Wireless phone to activate on another Verizon MVNO. If not, you can only activate within the Tracfone Wireless companies once unlocked.
    This Reddit user succeeded by parking his number on Number Barn, activating (presumably with any number), then porting from Number Barn to his desired phone: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoContract/...on_red_pocket/

number barn is closed right now; but more critical: I don't have a PIN with Red Pocket and even though they say the phone is 'active' I can't use it so I doubt Number Barn will be able to port the number into their system and park it. Meanwhile: I've paid for two months of service with a bricked phone!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I understand the not being able to activate even an unlocked TF with VZW directly but TF's are already unlocked to use from the start to use on other TF companies. And per my readings in HoFo it appears people go to RP with their assumed unlocked TFs, unless everyone on RP, FP, etc are using factory unlocked phones? What am I missing ?

Maybe the CSR confusion in their saying the OPs phone is already unlocked is their thinking it means unlocked to use with any TF company, which it is. Vs unlocked to use with another provider. The OP needs to request a carrier unlock for the phone correct, vs a sim unlock (or vice versa) ?

@pjnva...when you say your phone is bricked??....are you saying you no longer even have PP service since it's showing active with RP but not working there ?