Thread: T-Mobile Domestic Roaming

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile Domestic Roaming

Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Cool. The next time I'm stuck in a no service area and can't make a call, I can console myself with the knowledge that if I just wait a few years, T-Mo will eventually come and give me service...

Reminds me of a bit from the old "Flintstones" cartoon, where Fred takes the gang to see the Grand Canyon. When they get there, it's just a huge flat plain with a tiny creek running through it. Wilma says "It doesn't look like much..." and Fred says "well not now, but they expect it will be a big thing someday!"

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    You should promptly change carriers if T-Mobile does not suit your needs. They are not in the business of paying for your roaming needs.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    No just pointing out experiences. Nothing wrong with that. Its ok for other to mention their experiences with T-Mobile shilo. Not everyone has a perfect time with T-Mobile, plus I didn't say not to use them just that i didn't want just them alone.

Nothing wrong with that
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    Typical att lover pointing out how bad T-Mobile is. I have no problems in rural areas with my T-Mobile service.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    You should promptly change carriers if T-Mobile does not suit your needs. They are not in the business of paying for your roaming needs.
    T-Mobile suits my needs by offering and excellent value. A lower price for lesser coverage.

No carrier is perfect, and neither is T-Mo. If I was constantly in areas that T-Mo didn't serve, they wouldn't be my carrier. But, since I probably only have an issue with coverage a few days a year, maybe a week, depending on where I travel, it's not enough of a problem to switch carriers over.

I've bored people with this analogy before, but I'll try it again to see if I can make you understand...

For my car, I own a small hatchback. It suits my needs 99% of the time, but once or twice a year I might need a pickup truck to haul some furniture, or some landscaping supplies. Does this mean I should sell the hatchback because it "does not suit my needs?" No, because I don't want to put up the disadvantages of truck ownership 24/7/365. It works better *for me* to own the hatchback all year long, and borrow or rent a truck once or twice a year as needed.

Similarly, rather than pay AT&T or Verizon prices 12 months a year for 5 phones on my family plan, it's far less expensive *for me* to use T-Mo as a primary phone and use a cheap pay-per-use SIM the half-dozen times a year T-Mo isn't suitable. That's not a knock against T-Mo- I wouldn't expect to get AT&T/Verizon level coverage from a discount carrier any more than I expect to get sirloin steak quality from my $1 McDonald's cheeseburger.

Apparently the real issue here is that I see T-Mo simply as a wireless provider that I pay money to, in return for services rendered. Others, it seems, see it as a religious cult that demands fealty, and any criticism of it should lead to immediate ex-communication from it's ranks.

Lighten up, T-B, it's T-Mobile, not the Church of Scientology. For my $125/month I get two things from T-Mobile: wireless service for my family, and the right to complain about its shortcomings!

--
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I typically stay on TMobile for the fact that 99% of the time I have service that works, but pay 20% less than I would on At&t or Verizon. I could use my FAN discount to match cost, but then I still have to deal with other features, and taxes that TMobile includes. I still hold TMobile up to its coverage where it does claim to have it... As I did with AT&T when I had them

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    Yeah I'm still not comfortable with just a tmobile phone, especially if I'm coming home late at night. Just att, sure. Just Verizon, sure. Just tmobile, no way.

I used to be more accepting of it but coming home from work at 2am I saw an accident. My tmobile phone had nothing whatsoever, even 911 didn't work which was surprising. We weren't even in the sticks but it was a road that wasn't heavily traveled. Luckily a man drove up with an att phone and called for medics. I kept the lady calm and she turned out ok but if nobody else came up I would have had to leave her until I got a signal to call.
    When you dial 911 your mobile phone should connect (even without a SIM) to an available network.

If there is no network to connect to whatsoever then the call won’t complete.

If you have the SOS setting enabled on your iPhone you can press the power/lock key 3x quickly and it’ll connect you to 911.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    When you dial 911 your mobile phone should connect (even without a SIM) to an available network.

If there is no network to connect to whatsoever then the call won’t complete.

If you have the SOS setting enabled on your iPhone you can press the power/lock key 3x quickly and it’ll connect you to 911.

Just tossing this out there, but what if you've manually locked your phone to T-Mo using the phone's network settings menu (e.g. turning off "automatically select network" and forcing "T-Mobile"). Could that prevent 911 from using another network when outside T-Mo coverage?

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Does Sprint side network roam on AT&T if T-Mobile side network has no coverage? Verizon 1x evdo roaming no longer works for me if Sprint or TMobile isn't available. I'm in Eastern Pennsylvania/Central New Jersey

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckspaul View Post
    Does Sprint side network roam on AT&T if T-Mobile side network has no coverage? Verizon 1x evdo roaming no longer works for me if Sprint or TMobile isn't available. I'm in Eastern Pennsylvania/Central New Jersey
    My understanding is that Sprint's AT&T roaming was only for data. They would fall back to CDMA roaming for voice.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    No just pointing out experiences. Nothing wrong with that. Its ok for other to mention their experiences with T-Mobile shilo. Not everyone has a perfect time with T-Mobile, plus I didn't say not to use them just that i didn't want just them alone.

Nothing wrong with that
    Wow just wow. I wish I was Shilocane. His wealth of knowledge on cellular technology far surpasses yours. All you and Hagar continue to do is bad mouth T-Mobile and their customers instead of contributing to the T-Mobile forum. An apology to Shilocane would be the the appropriate thing for you to do as you were very rude to me and him. Do the right thing and maybe he will come back to the forum. He is to valuable of a member to lose.

Feedback Score

I roamed in Colorado but rarely find the need for roaming on the east coast. I have a line on T-Mobile, a prepaid att, and added a prepaid Verizon line.

T-Mobile and att have worked well and data rarely has an issue. With Verizon I almost regret getting it with how congested things seem and data has an issue very frequently. Also seem to be having some call issues here and there. Definitely not the Verizon network I remember. Not a good experience when a girl is on pms

This is repetitive but Verizon desperately needs midband spectrum. Both at&t and T-Mobile seem to be in better shape overall in terms of spectrum

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
    I roamed in Colorado but rarely find the need for roaming on the east coast. I have a line on T-Mobile, a prepaid att, and added a prepaid Verizon line.

T-Mobile and att have worked well and data rarely has an issue. With Verizon I almost regret getting it with how congested things seem and data has an issue very frequently. Also seem to be having some call issues here and there. Definitely not the Verizon network I remember. Not a good experience when a girl is on pms

This is repetitive but Verizon desperately needs midband spectrum. Both at&t and T-Mobile seem to be in better shape overall in terms of spectrum

My experience has been mostly the opposite. I 'wish' that I could have roamed in parts of Colorado. Some areas outside of Telluride were 'No Service' unless you could roam. Similar issue south of Grand Junction.
    Out east, on the other hand, I had roaming, and used it. Vermont, New Hampshire, upstate NY, and not quite east coast northern Michigan.

Feedback Score
    Cool. The next time I'm stuck in a no service area and can't make a call, I can console myself with the knowledge that if I just wait a few years, T-Mo will eventually come and give me service...
    Why wait for that to happen? Finally take your service elsewhere. Instead of constantly complaining about the lousy service, pay your money to a carrier that won't cause you so much heartache. Prior to the merger you claimed that T-Mobile would raise their rates after the merger. Well if you're correct about that, there's no reason to stay, now is there?
    Last edited by Serial Port; Today at 03:46 PM. Reason: irrelevant comment removed

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Why wait for that to happen? Finally take your service elsewhere. Instead of constantly complaining about the lousy service, pay your money to a carrier that won't cause you so much heartache. Prior to the merger you claimed that T-Mobile would raise their rates after the merger. Well if you're correct about that, there's no reason to stay, now is there?

Not only do you bash T-mobile constantly, now you want to use the forum to attack religion. That's completely off-topic.
    Exactly these anti T-Mobile complainers just want to bash T-Mobile any chance they can get. And to bring religion into this only shows how out of touch they are with reality.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You aren't much for subtlety, are you, sir?

If you re-read my post, it wasn't an attack on T-Mo or even its coverage, but an attack on the idiotic post I quoted that suggested a prior poster didn't need to worry about T-Mo coverage holes because the Mighty T-Mobile(TM) would certainly fill those holes "in a few years".

As far as raining their rates, you know two things as well as I do:

1) any increase is at least 3-5 years off due to merger concessions, and,

2) you and I will likely be fine- we have old grandfathered plans and are (mostly) shielded from increases personally, as long as we're continously T-Mobile customers. As I continually point out, my fears about increases are for consumers in general. Perhaps not all of us here only care about ourselves.

Not only do you bash T-mobile constantly, now you want to use the forum to attack religion. That's completely off-topic.
    My apologies to Tom Cruise, John Travolta and any other Scientologists I may have offended.

Though, since I compared Scientology to certain folks' opinion of T-Mobile, I find it hard to believe that would be considered an attack here, what with T-Mobilness being so next to Godliness and all...

But thanks for promptly coming to the defence of religion. I hear it's been on pretty shaky ground these last 10,000 years. I'd hate to be the one to finally take it down via a few careless words in a post on a BBS read by tens of people worldwide.

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You aren't much for subtlety, are you, sir?

If you re-read my post, it wasn't an attack on T-Mo or even its coverage, but an attack on the idiotic post I quoted that suggested a prior poster didn't need to worry about T-Mo coverage holes because the Mighty T-Mobile(TM) would certainly fill those holes "in a few years".

As far as raining their rates, you know two things as well as I do:

1) any increase is at least 3-5 years off due to merger concessions, and,

2) you and I will likely be fine- we have old grandfathered plans and are (mostly) shielded from increases personally, as long as we're continously T-Mobile customers. As I continually point out, my fears about increases are for consumers in general. Perhaps not all of us here only care about ourselves.

My apologies to Tom Cruise, John Travolta and any other Scientologists I may have offended.

Though, since I compared Scientology to certain folks' opinion of T-Mobile, I find it hard to believe that would be considered an attack here, what with T-Mobilness being so next to Godliness and all...

But thanks for promptly coming to the defence of religion. I hear it's been on pretty shaky ground these last 10,000 years. I'd hate to be the one to finally take it down via a few careless words in a post on a BBS read by tens of people worldwide.

Why do you continually bash T-Mobile with your anti T-Mobile rhetoric? Are you afraid that they will surpass the duopoly in network coverage and customers?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast