Thread: Getting A Verizon Sonim XP8 Unlocked To Use With Any Carrier

Feedback Score

Getting A Verizon Sonim XP8 Unlocked To Use With Any Carrier

I have been considering buying a used Verizon Sonim XP8. I have read that they are locked to Verizon for 60 days. Does that mean that they have to be on pure prepaid or post-paid Verizon or would being on Total Wireless, which is a Verizon MVNO, allow it to be unlocked?

Feedback Score
    Pure Verizon active, not an MVNO. If it's a used phone,...from where?...maybe it served it's sentence and can be unlocked now; or maybe already is.
    Plus better make sure a phone like that is on the Vzw whitelist to even use on an MVNO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    I have been considering buying a used Verizon Sonim XP8. I have read that they are locked to Verizon for 60 days. Does that mean that they have to be on pure prepaid or post-paid Verizon or would being on Total Wireless, which is a Verizon MVNO, allow it to be unlocked?
    see the Frequently asked questions - https://www.verizon.com/smartphones/...p8/#faqHeading

Feedback Score

Getting A Verizon Sonim XP8 Unlocked To Use With Any Carrier

I also emailed Sonim because I was wondering about the dual-SIM feature in the Sonim XP8. This is the reply I received:

"Thanks again for engaging the Sonim Customer Experience Center!

The functionality regarding Dual SIM slot use is exclusive to the XP8 Global version (Called Dual SIM Dual standby), and all carrier provisioned versions of the XP8 do NOT come with this feature.

We currently do not sell the Global version of the XP8 directly, and as of this time no major carriers/retailers are selling the model either.

The XP8 can be purchased and unlocked no matter the carrier its purchased from, but it will NOT come with the Dual SIM Dual standby feature you're asking about, as only the XP8 Global version comes with this feature.

Please don't hesitate to call in or email back with further questions or concerns.

Thanks and Regards,
    Mike N

Customer Experience Center Agent

Sonim Technologies, Inc.

1-833-MY SONIM

1-833-697-6646"