Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Changes To T-Mobile $3/mo Prepaid Plan

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmart View Post
    I use mine for overseas (and cruise ship), where my Page Plus PAYGO plan doesn't work.
    Is that at the old $1.50 per minute rate?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus PAYG & T-Mobile Legacy PAYGO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    Is that at the old $1.50 per minute rate?
    It's been a long time since I've made a voice call and it varies from country to country.

I usually use the plan for texting. It's typically $.50 to send and $.10 to receive.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    After calling a few stores in the area with no real idea of what I was talking about (one pointed me to Walmart or Target for "Simple Mobile," another said that Target sold Ultra Mobile SIMs), I reached out to T-Force and they knew exactly what I was talking about.
    I'm looking for a dealer as well and have NO idea where to start. TMo customer service is completely clueless on this one. Can you please tell me who T-Force is and how they would know?

I'm just looking for a place to park an important number that won't go belly up on me!

thanks!

Feedback Score
    I called the T-Mobile Corporate stores in my area until I found a store that carried the SIMs.

I went ahead and purchased two last Friday. I successfully activated one. shortly afterwards.

Check for them at a T-Mobile corporate store near you.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nassour View Post
    I'm looking for a dealer as well and have NO idea where to start. TMo customer service is completely clueless on this one. Can you please tell me who T-Force is and how they would know?
    Yeah, I think T-Force has always been how T-Mobile's support channels were referred to on social media. I DMed @tmobilehelp on Twitter, asked about those plans and they found the two corporate stores in my area and even offered to call ahead to set something up and offered an alternative if I had issues with the stores. It seems that a lot of people don't know these exist (my biggest gripe with a lot of this industry), and I had a corporate store by me have no idea (called a few in my area before getting on Twitter). When I went to the one corporate store that was open and had them (masked up, distanced, etc.), I had a few people asking me what I needed, I kind of awkwardly asked about it and while a few people didn't seem to know, a few did and someone got them for me (they were on a little corner of an accessory display).

Once you're able to track down the SIMs, it's a pretty easy setup and seems to work well. Later this week, I'm actually getting a locked Motorola W233 and going to try the SIM in it because apparently I'm on a nostalgic retro phone kick.

Quote Originally Posted by mcd320 View Post
    I called the T-Mobile Corporate stores in my area until I found a store that carried the SIMs.

I went ahead and purchased two last Friday. I successfully activated one. shortly afterwards.

If you don't go down the route of social media, like mcd320 said, I'd just check with the corporate stores in the area...not all may have it.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, G Stylus, G Power, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score

How much were they? Do you get any credit on the account?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    You get one month service ($3) credit on the account.
    I bought two SIMs last week, and activated one. After trying it out for a few days, I'm not sure if I'll need the second SIM.

I don't want to make the 15 mile drive to the T-Mobile corporate store to get my refund, and possibly pay a restocking fee.

Is eBay a safe place to sell the SIM? Or are there better places?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    How much were they? Do you get any credit on the account?
    I was charged $13 + E911/sales tax and got $3 towards service, so presumably the SIM is $10.

Is eBay a safe place to sell the SIM? Or are there better places?
    eBay probably would be good, but I bet someone here may just PM you about it...obviously in line with any forum rules.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Right, I finally found the SIMs at a TMo store in my area. One issue with Ultra, if you're porting in you need to do it at time of activation. Later on, you have to replace the SIM (?) in order to do so. I don't get ANY of that, it's the first time I've heard of this.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nassour View Post
    Right, I finally found the SIMs at a TMo store in my area. One issue with Ultra, if you're porting in you need to do it at time of activation. Later on, you have to replace the SIM (?) in order to do so. I don't get ANY of that, it's the first time I've heard of this.
    It's a bit weird, but there are a few other carrier-run services and MVNOs that don't support porting-in-to-replace-your-number. T-Mobile has always been pretty good about supporting this, and it feels like everyone should. I think Verizon prepaid does, Visible doesn't, AT&T Prepaid does, Cricket doesn't, the various non-carrier-owned MVNOs are a tossup.

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does it have VoLTE and WiFi Calling included? Their website doesn't say, at least not for this plan specifically. This plan seems to be of a different breed than their others so wanted to make sure before porting a good number in.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Does it have VoLTE and WiFi Calling included? Their website doesn't say, at least not for this plan specifically. This plan seems to be of a different breed than their others so wanted to make sure before porting a good number in.
    Yes, I was able to enable both of those features on an old iPhone SE when I was playing around with it.

Feedback Score
    Yes, I was able to enable both of those features on an old iPhone SE when I was playing around with it.
    Do you happen to know if it includes roaming in Canada/Mexico?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Do you happen to know if it includes roaming in Canada/Mexico?
    The FAQ says no domestic roaming, but international is supported and charged from your PayGo wallet: https://www.ultramobile.com/paygo/

(Edit: I fixed that...for some reason, saw the one about domestic and hastily posted)
    Last edited by ecs0013; 07-26-2020 at 10:20 PM.

Feedback Score
    The FAQ says no international roaming: https://www.ultramobile.com/paygo/
    It actually says international roaming IS supported, but it seems like sometimes T-Mobile doesn't consider Canada/Mexico as international, so I was just wondering.

https://www.ultramobile.com/paygo/
    Does my plan support International Roaming?
    International Roaming is supported on your plan and is charged from money in your PayGo wallet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast