Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HSN exclusive special LG presale

Feedback Score
    Got mine today. Setting it up now. Seems pretty good.

Device(s)
    various tracfones
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LCSJL View Post
    Got mine today. Setting it up now. Seems pretty good.
    I hate setting up new phones. Video listed below might be of help on LG phone. The guy makes it simple but it takes a few minutes to watch. He has a lot of tips on various phones in other videos. Nothing yet for our specific phone.

video is titled
    How to Setup the LG Stylo 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OYIrQZpsYg
    Last edited by Soyjim; 07-13-2020 at 03:04 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Soyjim View Post
    I hate setting up new phones. Video listed below might be of help on LG phone.
    If you have a favorite set up on your LG phone and want to set up a new LG phone just like it, there's an app called LG Smart Switch which should be come pre-installed on most new LG phones. Run it on both the new and old phones, follow the on-screen instructions to select what you want to copy over: call logs, text messages, files, photos, videos, apps and their settings, etc. Your new LG phone will be set up exactly like the old one.

If the phones are of different brands, you can install the Transfer Wizard app by Tracfone. Install and run it on both phones, it can transfer MOST of the things that the LG Smart Switch app does, I don't remember if it transfer apps and their settings.

You can use Google backup and restore function, but its performance is hit-and-miss.

Device(s)
    various tracfones
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    In one of the recent tips video's I watched there was an explanation of someone running a Samsung transfer program like The LG program described above. Do not remember where it was. Good to know that LG has a similar App.

Feedback Score
    It was a pain to set up the new phone but in the end it was worth it. Not a bad phone at all. Everything on it works well. Finger print unlock works well. Photo are good too. Screen is pretty clear.

Device(s)
    various tracfones
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

You guys made this thread most active of the week

I just got notified that this thread was the most active thread of the week in Howard Forums. I think you guys put some helpful info in here.

The HSN deal of the day is still going on. I thought HSN deal of the day was a one day thing. I have no idea how long it will last.

You guys responses helped me.

I just saw that "Week Winner" note in the box by my call name. "weak Winner" is probably what was meant.
    Last edited by Soyjim; 07-13-2020 at 06:26 PM.

Feedback Score
    The HSN deal is $99.99 for the last few days. The more I use it the more I like it.

Device(s)
    various tracfones
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LCSJL View Post
    It was a pain to set up the new phone but in the end it was worth it. Not a bad phone at all. Everything on it works well. Finger print unlock works well. Photo are good too. Screen is pretty clear.

Setting up a new phone is something I have not done in years. The big LG quality screen is the major reason I decided to go now with this phone, and the foot print is supposed to be similar to what I have now. This new phone is supposed to have the old school all metal body. At least the body will not shatter. Glad you got yours and have initial favorable opinions.

Life's Good

Device(s)
    various tracfones
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

LG Premier Pro Plus is set up to make calls

Used my tracfone account to start service on new phone. Old minutes transferred to new phone along with 1500 new mins. Had screen print old times before new setup. Tracfone has given me credit in past when I sent them the dated screen prints as proof of loss. I have set the data switch to off on new phone so it only uses wifi for data. Do not want to lose limited data time right off the bat. Will have to figure out when I need to use data to maximize wifi use.

Had another occurrence of something I did not understand during initial set up. Will go into that later when I have time to explain.

Google automatically set up contacts so they are coordinated with my computer.

The HSN $99 price continues and will likely continue for a while.

You have to answer a lot of questions and give consents when using auto set up. Been a long time since I did a set up of new tracfone.

Device(s)
    various tracfones
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

changing phone is mind numbing

Quote Originally Posted by Soyjim View Post

Had another occurrence of something I did not understand during initial set up. Will go into that later when I have time to explain.
    This has partially resolved itself. It took a while for the old phone to appear on list at all as inactive. For some reason the new phone took on the name of the old phone. now I have two phones on my registered list named sky (sky old and sky new) Think I will try to change name of the active sky new phone.

The phone has a bigger hand feel, but pocket feel is ok.

will have to down load Howard forums app to use it. do not think it came thru with transfer. that probably means I will have to find another password in my mess of a password collection.

Device(s)
    various tracfones
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    HSN just dropped price of G7 bundle to $100. moto g7 is specked very well for a TracFone with minutes. bundles are good way to get a Tracfone with more capability than I can figure out how to use.

Just learned how to send a text to a group that I set up. They have apple phones.

Feedback Score

Using SD card

Does Android 9 make it easier to save to SD card?

Feedback Score

LG Smart switch

Do I do this before or after I transfer my service via Tracfone chat?

Thanks,
    Nancy

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dru88 View Post
    Do I do this before or after I transfer my service via Tracfone chat?
    You can run the LG Smart Switch before or after activating the new phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dru88 View Post
    Does Android 9 make it easier to save to SD card?
    Easier than what? I've had no trouble saving things to the microSD on any version of Android I've ever used on any phone with a microSD card slot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast