Thread: T-Mobile Prepaid vs Verizon Prepaid

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile Prepaid vs Verizon Prepaid

So Verizon Prepaid with loyalty discount seems better if you need more than 5gb. TMO 10gb at $40, Verizon 15gb @ $35. Granted the full Verizon discount does not kick in until 9 months but they have a $60 port in credit which offsets (3 mo @ $10 and 6 months at $5 = $60). Am I missing something or is VZW Prepaid the better deal for now?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Why would you not just do Visible if you want Verizon prepaid? $100 mastercard for swapping, $5/mo off per line for "party pay" (it can be as low as $25/mo).. unlimited talk/text/data/5Mbps hotspot

For me, Verizon has too many congestion issues.. so I still keep T-Mobile as the primary, but there *are* cheaper options if you dig around.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    Visible: $25 “toy” SIM card to throw in whatever’s secondary.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Why would you not just do Visible if you want Verizon prepaid? $100 mastercard for swapping, $5/mo off per line for "party pay" (it can be as low as $25/mo).. unlimited talk/text/data/5Mbps hotspot

For me, Verizon has too many congestion issues.. so I still keep T-Mobile as the primary, but there *are* cheaper options if you dig around.
    The consensus seems to be that Verizon Prepaid is still at least slightly better performance-wise than Visible for many people, includes LTEiRA coverage, and a wider variety of compatible devices.

Still, I was recently torn on the $25 price point: tried Visible a few month ago on a non-main number, wasn't bad even with a few flaky moments, but development and support have seemed to have gotten sparse; Verizon Prepaid should be good, but would eventually be hitting $25/month for 5GB after loyalty discounts; T-Mobile Connect trades coverage in some spots with priority (seems still ahead of Essentials and Metro), 5GB would increase over time, not to mention betting on the finished network.

It's great that there are a lot of compelling options with various tradeoffs. With some AT&T issues in my area, I basically had to choose a T-Mobile-based or Verizon-based place to land and I debated for awhile which would be better for my needs at this point in time. I went with T-Mobile, have found a few rough spots that aren't necessarily dealbreakers—still, the Verizon plans do at least have me curious, especially if the port-in promo sticks around.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post

im on visible now and its not working out, couldnt make a phone calls/tex or data for 40mins straight thats the longest so far but it does that alot after i get my $100 visa card im going with t-mobile prepaid

visible still needs ALOT of work, i dont understand how verizon would let their company be so crappy

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    im on visible now and its not working out, couldnt make a phone calls/tex or data for 40mins straight thats the longest so far but it does that alot after i get my $100 visa card im going with t-mobile prepaid

visible still needs ALOT of work, i dont understand how verizon would let their company be so crappy
    I have had it since the beginning, it has not been awful for me other than wildly swinging data speeds. Although that’s normal for Verizon on my experience though

I keep it for the unlimited tethering on the road but otherwise it’s just standard prepaid to me

Visible is Verizon doing a 100% virtual RAN/core in the cloud. So it just had some growing pains

Feedback Score
    The game changed somewhat.. Get a $50 Prepaid Mastercard® Virtual Account when you join Visible.*

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    prob cause most ppl leave after the 2 months like im doing...

but thats on them cause when a user cant make a call/text for 1 hour straight and it happens often then the user gets upset with the carrier and they move on to something way better..

Device(s)
    iPhone 4, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Tried T mobile for data. They are missing the “shi” in front of “T-mobile”. Because that is what it is. Pure ....mobile. Don’t switch to them from Verizon if you like consistent service.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sr1329 View Post
    Tried T mobile for data. They are missing the “shi” in front of “T-mobile”. Because that is what it is. Pure ....mobile. Don’t switch to them from Verizon if you like consistent service.
    Been great for me, and I travel all over the country by plane for work

You sure you had a phone with all the proper bands? As my speeds are usually faster than Verizon... and I can stream at more than 720p without using a VPN on T-Mobile (I have a dual-SIM setup)

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sr1329 View Post
    u been on this site since 2005, u should know by now that it all depends on the location ur at...just because ur service is crap doesnt mean mine is going to be....ive had t-mobile/metro pcs off and on (trying other carriers) i always go back to t-mobile network, only issue i would have with them is some small areas of no service....also im not switching to them just for data only because i wont be using data but i will be using call/texting/mms ...also data is really strong around my area