Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: TF delivery exception...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker5011 View Post
    Did you have to call them or what did you do to send it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got it at Best Buy, just got a refund at a store. It was one of the Straight Talk version deals that I was going to use a TF sim in. Finally ended up buying one on EBAY. Didn't like the Apple ecosystem and eventually gave it away.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    Agreed it's silly. But I also don't think there's any reason for the folks on SlickDeals to go around claiming "Bait & Switch", fraud, or predicting the immediate demise of Tracfone because of this.

There are 2 groups of people who take advantage of this kind of offer: stable Tracfone users who are constantly watching for the way to extend service economically: And the slickdealers, who just want to get something for almost nothing, and have no intent of becoming a Tracfone customer. If Tracfone has any sense, they could care less about the second group, and probably weren't that upset about the first group occasionally finding a way to get a bargain.

I did place an order using the code, intending to use it on our new, 3rd, Tracfone line. The shipment got recalled, but I got no notice from Tracfone that it had been recalled. A little miffed, because looking at only the first page of the tracking info, I made sure I was available (2 days) for the apparently-shecduled delivery (that was never going to happen at my house, since the indicated delivery was actually back at Tracfone's warehouse.)

But, I'm not particularly upset about losing the deal itself. There will be other deals, and it was just a month's service & a disposable MP3 player/phone.
    This is well said. The "loss leader" type deals are meant to target the first group of people and bring in new customers. When it hits SD, the orders get out of hand. Almost everyone is going to hit and run. The worst are those who order say 10 $1 phablets just to have or order 20 to sell on ebay. (These are ones who do the most crying) Then TF takes a beating. They can't really tell who belongs to which group and recalled as many as possible.

They should learn to take the good with the bad when dealing with deal sites (or at least not make their deals TOO good). I'm a TF customer because of a deal I saw on SD for a phone+1 yr bundle sold on HSN. Even as an existing customer, they recalled my SIM. I'm not worried about it. These things happens.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Related to the recalled orders...I participate in the Sprint BYOP $300 Reward Deal on Slickdeals. Middle of June was when the deal "matured" (meeting the 90 days in-service requirement) and a lot of people were looking for a cheap way to port out their phone numbers. I used a different code (60xxx?) that had been around since March to buy 3 BYOP SIM + $15 Plan for around $1 each. I got them all delivered by 6/15 without problems. Other people in that Sprint deal did the same thing and received their orders also without problems. Only the orders using the 99xxx code and placed after it was posted on SD that got recalled.

Feedback Score
    Both of those codes are now showing as invalid, even if I try them on a bundle that's $35. Just another instance of the ravenous horde destroying a nice promo.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I just tried to post and when I tried to add an emoji, it crashed. That has happened a number of times with this Moto e5.

Anyway, I just got a private message today from TF Alex offering a chat link to discuss the "delivery exception" issue.

Has anyone else gotten a PM about their recalled orders?

I already did chat and talk by phone umpteen times with TF and FedEx CSRs and they still sent my order back. It arrived back at TF's facility and so far no comment.

The TF CSRs said they couldn't ship it to me again again because of the cost (while it was still sitting at the local FedEx facility in California) and would process a refund as soon as they received it at their end.

TF wants to sell service so my use of the code to get a free $15 plan card with the phone I bought for $20 constituted a bundle deal. It would have been activated.

I now no longer want to buy items from their website for fear they'll do it again if I use a code. They approved and shipped the order, I didn't do anything they wouldn't allow. The recall of the order is crazy.

I will probably only buy from their eBay store or other sellers. It's too bad because I was getting very enthusiastic about their service and I've recommended it to people I know.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Haven't gotten my refund on the phone order TF recalled. It arrived back at their shipping facility early in the day Thursday the 9th according to the return tracking notice. Usually my refunds arrive in 3-5 days on this debit.

I opened a TF chat about it and he said 3 to 5 business days, meaning M-F not including weekends, which I figured was all he'd say.

However, he DID confess that they recalled the order "because of an issue with the promo code." That's the first time I've had them admit anything about it. Before they were blaming FedEx and telling me I had to complain to them.

I told the CSR if I didn't get refunded by the 5th business day I'd get back to them. Hopefully that won't be necessary... I've never had to be refunded by TF before.

For the trouble I might as well have tried to buy a 99c SIM instead of a phone. They should've honored the code on bundle deals where the phone was paid in full, just the $15 plan card was free.

Loco.

Sent from my LGL84VL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Today is the 5th biz day since the phone I ordered was received back at TracFone. They got it early the 9th. 6 days if the 9th is included. No chargeback on my debit.

I contacted TF via chat on the phone order page and he said no one was available to deal with it, to call them instead.

I opened another chat on the contact page hoping I'd get another CSR with more experience. I did and he said he'd schedule a call back in fifteen minutes but I wasn't in a position to take a call, could only chat so he said to call back on another day and ask for their refund department.

Has anyone had to deal with a refund issue through the refund dept and did it resolve that way, or do they just keep saying they'll contact via email when the refund is issued? It sounds like "the check is in the mail" to me.

Is this the addy I write to for higher resolution if the refund doesn't come? Got it on the TF contact page.

TracFone Wireless, Inc.
    Attn: Executive Resolution Department
    9700 N.W. 112th Avenue
    Miami, FL 33178

I hope I can call and get it resolved tomorrow. This has just been ridiculous.

Feedback Score
    A BBB complaint goes to the same Executive Resolution Dept. and is more likely to get attention because the complaints are shown.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    A BBB complaint goes to the same Executive Resolution Dept. and is more likely to get attention because the complaints are shown.
    I was also thinking a call to my debit card provider might expedite the resolution.

I was over at Slick Deals reading in comments where someone dealt with it that way and it was quickly refunded. I also read where a person who bought a SIM only got 6cents refund.

The comments if they're all to be believed show a great deal of inconsistency in how the recall was dealt with. Some got their orders even while other orders were being recalled. Some reported the FedEx person actually went back to the house to get the package back after delivering it. It was crazy.

If I had spent a buck I might have said the heck with it but I spent more than the amount of the discount code. The phone would have been activated for at least a year.

I wonder how many people who used the code on a bundle deal like I did actually had their phones recalled. If they weren't told why and had no idea, they probably changed their mind about ordering another phone from them.

Sent from my LGL64VL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I contacted TF again about my phone that got recalled in shipment.

Chat>>told refunds must be dealt with by calling the help desk

Called hekpdesk>> transferred, call disconnect >> called back and transferred to higher level. Might have been the torture department.

On hold almost the entire 72 minutes. Occasionally said "I'm still checking" or other comments relevant to that.

Several times reminded it takes 3-5 biz days or as long as 30 days depending on my financial institution. I reminded them it's been over 5 days and my bank refunds within 3-5 days.

Issues with tools that wouldn't work or bad connections, said they were working from home and apologized. Thanked me for my patience. Etc.

I can hardly grasp the cost to TF of CSRs spending over an hour on a call like this.

When I explained how I used the code on a phone bundle and had planned to activate it, saying TF lost the activation fee because of the return, she said "thank you for complaining."

(Like I wouldn't complain about having my card debited and the order approved then having the order recalled?)

She said more than once that all orders using the $15 off code placed on the first were recalled. Pretty much ALL orders using the code on the first were recalled. Imagine someone ordering a $100+ phone with a costly plan getting it recalled just for the revoked promo code. Very scroogely if not grinchly.

I felt like saying IDONTCAREABOUTTHE IDIOTCODEIJUSTWANTMYREFUND...AAAGH

I did go a bit lunatic at the end and said I just wanted it resolved and the money back in my account so I could buy another phone. Then I started laughing. ...another TracFone... HAAAAAHAAAA like the guy on the Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon luny track.

Seriously...

FINALLY got the alleged answer.

She said her records showed they received the phone back on the 16th from their warehouse and I should wait 3-5 days for the refund.

So it took a week for the phone to travel from their shipping facility that FedEx returned it to, to whatever facility they said they just received it at.

Actual travel or virtually through the computer system, I don't know.

It was a grueling hour wait, each time when she asked me to please hold while she continued checking, I felt like saying "I'm not dead yet."

Aaaaaaaagh

It could be worse.

My debit card financial institution rep said a dispute could take 45-90 days...

I said I would try to call TF one more time.

Sent from my LGL423DL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    The person who has to give the stamp of approval has probably gone on vacation.

Tracfone is probably having second thoughts about what they did, and now they can't handle it. The people working from home are not going to have the greatest connectivity anyway, I'm guessing, if there are chickens in the background, as someone else once mentioned.

Executive Resolutions is probably out to lunch, too.

Not a good time for a big office action. Nobody to handle the fallout.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    The person who has to give the stamp of approval has probably gone on vacation.

Tracfone is probably having second thoughts about what they did, and now they can't handle it. The people working from home are not going to have the greatest connectivity anyway, I'm guessing, if there are chickens in the background, as someone else once mentioned.

Executive Resolutions is probably out to lunch, too.

Not a good time for a big office action. Nobody to handle the fallout.
    Yes, I heard chickens, roosters crowing in the background on a call but muffled and I thought what the heck but now I realize they must have beeh working from home.

I think TF was inundated by all the recalled orders they had to process and maybe that's what delayed the refund. Until it's in my account I won't be too sure.

If they really have second thoughts about the situation they created by blaming Slick Deals for the promo code they allowed to be used on umpteen jillion orders, maybe they could sort or filter the order types and offer a bundle code that's friendly to the people who got orders reversed when they were legitimately using the code to buy something they'd actually activate and use....

But this would take forever and it won't happen.

Sent from my LG-K371 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Yes, I heard chickens, roosters crowing in the background on a call but muffled and I thought what the heck but now I realize they must have beeh working from home.
    I'm sure if they're low level CSRs in a sweat shop the chickens are in the office. I've heard chickens and pans clanking long before the virus.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    When I was a kid I used to bring my pet chickens in the house (hand raised orphan chicks) but I wasn't expecting the phone company to have them running around.
    :-)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Well, the refund hasn't arrived on my card.

The tracking notice said the recalled phone arrived at their shipping facility 7/9/20.

A call to TF that lasted 72 minutes said that the phone didn't arrive at their end from the warehouse until the 16th Thursday.

She said the refund would be processed and to wait 3 to 5 business days for refund. It has been longer than 5 business days.

I've never received an email acknowledgment from TF about the recall or about getting a refund.

Is it appropriate to file a complaint with BBB about the issue this soon?

I saw one complaint about the recalled shipments at the BBB website. Was expecting more. I feel the recall was shady. I think that alone is worth a complaint.

https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/miami/prof...-0633-21000362

I won't buy any more TFs from their website. Absolutely not. That decision was final when the refund didn't come by today. I was going to use it to buy another TF but if I don't have the refund I can't use it for that.

I'm planning on trying a different phone service when my TF service expires in 2021. Red Pocket most likely or H20. I will use that phone as a ref for Google Voice and use GV and TextNow for calls and texting over WiFi. I'll also text via email over WiFi.

The eBay RP plan gives 100minutes 100txts 500mb data for $60/year and with an option to buy more minutes or texts for fairly cheap.

H20 is $10/90days, 5˘/min talk, 5˘/txt.

I've used H20 before but not Red Pocket.

I have some unlocked AT&T phones, the LG Phoenix 2, the old 4.5" Alcatel Ideal (4g but probably doesn't do VoLTE), and the z222 flip which is 3g and probably not usable on H20 anymore. I don't want to use my LG Neon 32gb for H20 so I'll probably use my trusty Phoenix 2 which is good quality, the volume buttons on back don't work but I can set volume by the settings menu. That phone even has NFC but I don't use it.

If anyone can recommend a cheap AT&T phone I can unlock for the purpose I'd appreciate it. The new Phoenix 5 was 49.99 at Walmart but AFAIK sold out, but the P4 has dropped in price. An AT&T flip would be good for my needs but should do VoLTE. I don't know if any of the cheaper old phones that are still available do VoLTE.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast