Thread: Anyone using T-Mobile Money?

Feedback Score

Anyone using T-Mobile Money?

Sprint customer here....

Just curious if anyone is currently using T-Mobile Money

https://www.t-mobilemoney.com/en/home.html

I signed up about a year ago and have it linked to an old Tmobile prepaid plan, but of course that doesn't qualify for 4% on balances up to $3000, only the standard 1%

I know the 4% is for Tmobile Postpaid plans. Does anyone use Tmobile Money with a grandfathered Tmobile postpaid plan and qualify for the 4%?

I am assuming Sprint users will qualify eventually, but it's possible Tmobile Money could make them choose a current Tmobile plan to qualify for the 4%

The 4% rate also requires a monthly deposit of $200, but it would be easy enough to setup an auto-deposit of $200 and then transfer money out, once the balance exceeded the $3000 maximum.

Is $120, a year worth giving up a grandfathered plan, no. Most normal banks pay 1% interest and some will pay higher if you make so many debit card transactions or meet other requirements.

Is an extra $90 in interest income going to substantially change my life, no, but neither is a free hamburger or Starbucks coffee, but it is nice to have, and just another Tmobile perk that could be a nice bonus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diesteldorf View Post
    I know the 4% is for Tmobile Postpaid plans. Does anyone use Tmobile Money with a grandfathered Tmobile postpaid plan and qualify for the 4%?
    T-Mobile definitely includes grandfathered postpaid plans in their account terms disclosures:

"An interest rate of 3.93%, with an Annual Percentage Yield (APY) of 4.00%, will be paid on balances up to and including $3,000.00 in your Account for calendar months when all of the following conditions are met:

You are enrolled in an active T-Mobile postpaid wireless plan (e.g. T-Mobile ONE, T-Mobile ONE+ and Simple Choice plan(s) and other postpaid plans, excluding the No Credit Check plan (a “Qualifying Plan”)); "

https://www.t-mobilemoney.com/en/terms.html#tcdisc

It doesn't look like they are trying to use it to up-sell people to newer postpaid plan.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diesteldorf View Post
    Sprint customer here....

Just curious if anyone is currently using T-Mobile Money

https://www.t-mobilemoney.com/en/home.html

I signed up about a year ago and have it linked to an old Tmobile prepaid plan, but of course that doesn't qualify for 4% on balances up to $3000, only the standard 1%

I am assuming Sprint users will qualify eventually, but it's possible Tmobile Money could make them choose a current Tmobile plan to qualify for the 4%

The 4% rate also requires a monthly deposit of $200, but it would be easy enough to setup an auto-deposit of $200 and then transfer money out, once the balance exceeded the $3000 maximum.

Is $120, a year worth giving up a grandfathered plan, no. Most normal banks pay 1% interest and some will pay higher if you make so many debit card transactions or meet other requirements.

Is an extra $90 in interest income going to substantially change my life, no, but neither is a free hamburger or Starbucks coffee, but it is nice to have, and just another Tmobile perk that could be a nice bonus.
    I'm using it on a grandfathered Simple Choice NA plan. My wife and I each parked $3K in a Money account and each month I move $200 into each account from our "real" bank account, and transfer $210 (the $200 plus the $10 interest we've earned each month) back. $240/year for a few minutes work each month isn't bad. That's like another 200 free tacos a year!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Anyone using T-Mobile Money?

I’m on the grandfathered One Plus Promo Plan.

I threw a few thousand into T-Mobile Money with the understanding that I’d accrue interest of 4% up to but not exceeding the amount you mentioned.

To be honest I totally forgot that I had an account with them so thanks for the reminder! My intent was simply to test the service out and accrue interest.

In the beginning I did have some issues with funding the account from my main checking account through Citibank but that has been ironed out.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I thought about it, but at the time T-Bills were yielding pretty well and it seemed like more trouble than it was worth for a small amount of interest.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    I have it, i just keep my liquid "eFund" over there (3mos of bills, easily accessible) and just have $200 direct deposited on the day i'm paid each month, then move $210 out to a "high-yield" savings account.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    Visible: $25 “toy” SIM card to throw in whatever’s secondary.

Feedback Score
    Nope, not T-Mobile money. I have been using other money like a master card, debit card.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessio22 View Post
    Nope, not T-Mobile money. I have been using other money like a master card, debit card.
    But T-Mobile money is magenta colored and has John Legere's portrait on it!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessio22 View Post
    that's what it is just one that pays 4% interest monthly on the money left in there for savings.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    that's what it is just one that pays 4% interest monthly on the money left in there for savings.
    True, It is actually a checking account with a MasterCard debit card.