Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Unlimited High-Speed Data Pandemic Upgrade

Feedback Score

T-Mobile Unlimited High-Speed Data Pandemic Upgrade

I am on the Simple Choice North America 2GB MI plans. I have been upgraded to unlimited high-speed data for over 3 months due to Covid-19, both for on device and tethering usage. I thought the unlimited high-speed data upgrade ended on June 30. However, all of my lines are over the 2GB high-speed data threshold and none of them are throttled.

Did T-Mobile extend the free data upgrade and I missed the memo? Anyone else on a limited high-speed data plan upgraded to unlimited high-speed data during the pandemic experiencing the same results after June 30?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    More than likely the promo was applied to your account for the billing cycle. So if your billing just started prior to the 30th, it’ll probably continue until next billing cycle.

That’s my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slagish View Post
    More than likely the promo was applied to your account for the billing cycle. So if your billing just started prior to the 30th, it’ll probably continue until next billing cycle.

That’s my guess.

That makes the most sense in my eyes too.

I was surprised though that the Covid-19 hotspot feature was removed from the account as of yesterday but the limited high-speed data plans are still unlimited.

When the new billing cycle starts on the 19th, I guess that'll be the true test. I was just curious if others were experiencing the same phenomenon, those of us still on limited high-speed data plans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slagish View Post

That’s my guess.

This quirk is consistent across the Sprint merger as well. One of my two lines renewed on June 30 and got pandemic benefits - the other just renewed overnight and has no pandemic benefits.

They were throwing in hotspot on Kickstarter plans. One phone has it for the full renewal period - the other no longer shows hotspot capability.

Dan

Feedback Score

I have a 2GB hotspot plan. I have noticed that it will be quite fast for a while and then take a huge nose dive in speed. IS that common? Is that how throttling works on T-Mobile?

Feedback Score
    I'm on a ONE account and was told the 1/2 price discount was for 3 months. Today is the end of my 3rd month for that feature. I was worried since they vanished the One Plus Promo from my account by I was told early on that it would be restored as soon as the discount period ended. I most certainly will be contacting T-Force tomorrow morning if I log in and it's not visible on my features.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    I have a 2GB hotspot plan. I have noticed that it will be quite fast for a while and then take a huge nose dive in speed. IS that common? Is that how throttling works on T-Mobile?
    That's how throttling works when you hit 2GB. The speed gets capped at 128kbps until the next billing cycle starts.

Check your usage at my.t-mobile.com to see how much data you've used.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    I have the 2GB MI plan and the speeds have not slowed down for over 3 months. So far, one of my 2GB MI lines has used over 12GB this month without any slowdowns.

Maybe it's a glitch.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    I have the 2GB MI plan and the speeds have not slowed down for over 3 months. So far, one of my 2GB MI lines has used over 12GB this month without any slowdowns.

Maybe it's a glitch.

Thank you for the reply. I got my line May 25, 2020. I wasn't slowed down at all the first few weeks, but now I have been.

You might be right and it is a glitch, but I don't know how to resolve it. No big deal though. I will just cancel that line of service.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the reply. I got my line May 25, 2020. I wasn't slowed down at all the first few weeks, but now I have been.

You might be right and it is a glitch, but I don't know how to resolve it. No big deal though. I will just cancel that line of service.
    Are you using the 2GB Simple Choice North America MI SIM in a tablet or phone only? Or are you using the SIM in a hotspot only device and tethering to other devices?

The reason I ask is I have the SIM in a phone and the on device usage is unlimited high-speed. I wonder if the hotspot speeds are only throttled to 128kbps (dial-up like speeds) and on device usage is unlimited high-speed?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    ...Or are you using the SIM in a hotspot only device and tethering to other devices?...
    I had it in a hotspot only device.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    I'm on a ONE account and was told the 1/2 price discount was for 3 months. Today is the end of my 3rd month for that feature. I was worried since they vanished the One Plus Promo from my account by I was told early on that it would be restored as soon as the discount period ended. I most certainly will be contacting T-Force tomorrow morning if I log in and it's not visible on my features.
    I contacted T-Force on Twitter yesterday to get my One Plus Promo reinstated. It took about 2 hours but they put it back and it looks like everything is the same except it makes no mention of the 1 hour of free, inflight GoGo WiFi. I suspect that has been phased out during the merger and Covid pandemic.

my 9 voice lines for the past three months have been billed at: $59, $63, & $63, total. Kickback, Hookup, Free Line, etc.

Feedback Score
    I contacted T-Force on Twitter yesterday to get my One Plus Promo reinstated. It took about 2 hours but they put it back and it looks like everything is the same except it makes no mention of the 1 hour of free, inflight GoGo WiFi. I suspect that has been phased out during the merger and Covid pandemic.

my 9 voice lines for the past three months have been billed at: $59, $63, & $63, total. Kickback, Hookup, Free Line, etc.
    Can I ask how many lines get kickback? Also how many free lines do you have?

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    Can I ask how many lines get kickback? Also how many free lines do you have?

Generally 8-9 lines get Kickback for $80-$90 off, then the $40 for AutoPay, 20% for Hookup, and my one "This One's On Us" free line is another $30 discount. We are all older and don't use much data away from WiFi. Our hometown has Comcast free WiFi for subscribers in just about every business, and that helps a bunch while out and around town. It's a pretty sweet deal I hope to keep as long as they let me. I only charge others $12.50 a month unless they exceed the 2Gb threshold. They pay annually $150.

Feedback Score
    Generally 8-9 lines get Kickback for $80-$90 off, then the $40 for AutoPay, 20% for Hookup, and my one "This One's On Us" free line is another $30 discount. We are all older and don't use much data away from WiFi. Our hometown has Comcast free WiFi for subscribers in just about every business, and that helps a bunch while out and around town. It's a pretty sweet deal I hope to keep as long as they let me. I only charge others $12.50 a month unless they exceed the 2Gb threshold. They pay annually $150.
    Yeah free WiFi does help quite a bit. I guess for our family it levels out because we only pay $10 a month for our Comcast internet essentials plan with 25 Meg's download speeds www.internetessentials.com

So if we skimmed on TMO data we we have to raise internet price. Which Comcast can get expensive. Do you have internet at home? It's also good that you have people who trust you with your plan to pay and use it responsible. How long have you been with T-Mobile for? Also your only getting one free line & I'm guessing your on the TMO one taxes included plan?

Edit: I still am kicking myself for never trying to add the 2 Free lines in 2016 & 1 in 2017 to my legacy grandfathered plan. I found out after the fact that SCNA MI lines qualified. I just figured at the time that it wasn't worth even messing with it. But at least I have 2 Free Digits with beta promo lines and I'm trying to get them on my other 2 MI lines now.

1 Peter 2:16 New Living Translation (NLT)

16 For you are free, yet you are God’s slaves, so don’t use your freedom as an excuse to do evil.

New Living Translation (NLT)

Last edited by QkTreasures; 07-12-2020 at 11:14 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast