Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DISH Completes buyout of Boost

Feedback Score

DISH Completes buyout of Boost

the link below is to an article indicating that DISH has completed the purchase of Boost. Virgin Mobile is not mentioned in the article; I believe that the transaction included Virgin.

DISH is offering 2 new plans along with the buyout. If you pay on time, the price of the plan is reduced by $5.00/month.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/dish...wo-new-offers/

Feedback Score
    FINALLY. Charlie squeezed T-Mobile good. Bet TM is glad that's done.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.01.20

Feedback Score
    i can't find out what "virtualized, standalone 5G network" means. What is virtual about it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    i can't find out what "virtualized, standalone 5G network" means. What is virtual about it?
    found this - https://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/...sful-data-call

Feedback Score
    There are the new plans from the article.

- Boost’s new $hrink-It! plan, which starts at $45 for 15GB, reduces customers’ monthly rates by $5 after three on-time payments, and by an additional $5 after six total on-time payments.

- Boost will also offer a $35 10GB plan that includes unlimited talk and text.

The current $35 plan has 3 GB so the $35 10 GB seems like a much better deal.

The current $50 plan has 12 GB so the shrink $45 15 GB seems like a much better deal too.

However, I am keeping my promotional plan because it is $25 for 12 GB.

Feedback Score
    I think I did not understand the new plans correctly.

It says the 15 GB and 10 GB is referring to extended high speed network so I assume this is talking about 5G but not sure.

The $35 plan seems to have data access of 10 GB that sounds like it is cut off after that.

The $45 plan seems to have 15 GB total phone and hotspot and after that reduces to 2G on phone and hotspot.

So I would say these new plans are not that great after all. They are kind of playing games with different combinations of data phone vs hotspot and cutoff vs throttled.

Shrink-It! Plan: After 3 on-time payments, the plan will be discounted to $40/mo. Then after 3 additional on-time payments, the plan will be discounted to $35/mo. On-time payments do not need to be consecutive. Maximum discount of $10/mo. Discount will continue unless service is interrupted or plan is changed. Cannot be combined with other offers. Includes 50 domestic voice roaming minutes (sel. devices). Int’l. svcs. extra. After 15GB of data during a billing cycle, speeds will be reduced to 2G. Mobile Hotspot, VPN & P2P Limits: Plan includes Mobile Hotspot. Usage draws from 15GB high-speed data then reduced to 2G speeds. See boostmobile.com/networkmanagement for details. Payments: Total plan price includes services, taxes & fees. Pymt. due on monthly pymt. date or acct. will be suspended. Sufficient funds must be added within 120 days of suspension or acct. will expire & acct. balance will be forfeited. Other terms: No annual svc. contracts. Offers/coverage not avail. everywhere or for all phones/networks. All prices, offers, fees, and features subject to change. Prohibited network use rules & other restrictions apply. See boostmobile.com or store for details. © 2020 DISH Wireless L.L.C. All rights reserved.
    Data Pack Add Ons: Add-on avail. for Shrink-It! plan only as a recurring monthly add-on. Access Actual speeds may vary. Data packs do not include Hotspot access. Other terms: Offer/coverage not avail. everywhere or for all phones/networks. Boost reserves the right to change or cancel offer at any time. Prohibited network use rules & other restrictions apply. See boostmobile.com or store for details. © 2020 Boost Worldwide, Inc

10GB Plan: Data access ends after 10GB of data usage. Includes 50 domestic voice roaming minutes (sel. devices). Int’l. svcs. extra. Streaming: Video streams up to 480p resolution, music up to 500kbps, gaming up to 2 Mbps. Mobile Hotspot, VPN & P2P Limits: Plan includes Mobile Hotspot. Usage draws from 10GB high-speed data. See boostmobile.com/networkmanagement for details. Payments: Total plan price includes services, taxes & fees. Pymt. due on monthly pymt. date or acct. will be suspended. Sufficient funds must be added within 120 days of suspension or acct. will expire & acct. balance will be forfeited. Other terms: No annual svc. contracts. Offers/coverage not avail. everywhere or for all phones/networks. All prices, offers, fees, and features subject to change. Prohibited network use rules & other restrictions apply. See boostmobile.com or store for details. © 2020 DISH Wireless L.L.C. All rights reserved.
    Last edited by brad4cell; 07-02-2020 at 04:21 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post

It says the 15 GB and 10 GB is referring to extended high speed network so I assume this is talking about 5G but not sure.
    No mention of 5G, except listing the Galaxy S20 5G phone as one of the choices for the Expanded Data Network. I assume it's the T-Mobile network with VoLTE. Not sure why they are restricting the Android phone choices, but allowing almost any iPhone. Visible does this too with Verizon phones.

https://www.boostmobile.com/about/expanded-network.html

Feedback Score
    No mention of 5G, except listing the Galaxy S20 5G phone as one of the choices for the Expanded Data Network. I assume it's the T-Mobile network with VoLTE. Not sure why they are restricting the Android phone choices, but allowing almost any iPhone. Visible does this too with Verizon phones.

https://www.boostmobile.com/about/expanded-network.html
    Thanks so perhaps it is not 5G they were referring to.

Below is what it says on the page for each plan. It does say 4G so I guess they are advertising 4G.

15 GB of 4G LTE Data on Expanded Data Network
    10 GB of 4G LTE Data on Expanded Network

So there are 2 types of data, (1) data on phone, and (2) data on hotspot.

There are 3 types of how much data (1) unlimited, (2) cut off, (3) throttled.

So next they will probably add in different speeds for data on phone and data on hotspot and throttled and then they can market literally millions of different plans to you.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    If you go to their coverage map there is a tab for 5G in the drop down menu.

https://www.boostmobile.com/coveragemap_xp.html

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    So next they will probably add in different speeds for data on phone and data on hotspot and throttled and then they can market literally millions of different plans to you.
    You have to expect a company like Dish would make it complicated. They were messed up and loosing customers to Direct TV until AT&T bungled that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    If you go to their coverage map there is a tab for 5G in the drop down menu.

https://www.boostmobile.com/coveragemap_xp.html
    Yep, looks like the T-Mobile map in my area. That's low-band n71 for 5G, and likely some B71 for LTE. They just recently opened that up here.

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    This is Dish copying marketing talk from Rakuten in Japan. They have made copious claims that building out 5G from scratch using new whiz bang tech that it'll be dramatically lower in cost.

Right now Rakuten has some 5G towers but the vast bulk of their network is as an MVNO and they likely are selling at cost to shore up their claims even though it's not their network. Dish is going to look like that for a long long time.

It'll still have towers and antennas and equipment huts and they will require labor for installation and maintenance and further require backhaul, network and switching.

Really their main claim is that they are using 'white box' open source tech instead of legacy equipment wherever they can and therein lay the savings - so less Ericsson - Nokia, Samsung - more off the shelf components that where the company does their own engineering, testing and roll out.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmule View Post
    the link below is to an article indicating that DISH has completed the purchase of Boost. Virgin Mobile is not mentioned in the article; I believe that the transaction included Virgin.

DISH is offering 2 new plans along with the buyout. If you pay on time, the price of the plan is reduced by $5.00/month.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/dish...wo-new-offers/

is the new boost still going working on sprints network or are they switching it over to t-mobiles network?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    is the new boost still going working on sprints network or are they switching it over to t-mobiles network?
    Maybe if Boost switches to T-Mobile network they can finally allow sim swapping and HD Voice/WiFi calling

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Maybe if Boost switches to T-Mobile network they can finally allow sim swapping and HD Voice/WiFi calling
    right before the buy out t-mobile let boost users now use wifi calling from a few weeks ago...not sure about volte

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast