Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: DISH Completes buyout of Boost

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    173
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    is the new boost still going working on sprints network or are they switching it over to t-mobiles network?
    My understanding is that DISH will operate as the "fourth" carrier in the USA and that sometime in the future, DISH/Boost will have their own infastructure; virtual, real or some combination of each. Therefore, if DISH sells phones and devices for use on the DISH network, those devices will be carrier locked to the DISH network; similar to way devices are carrier locked to the AT&T and T-Mobile networks today.

    Additionally, unless I'm missing something, IMO, if you sign up for Mint Mobile, you will not be able to operate on both the DISH and the T-Mobile networks. The Mint Mobile MVNO should soon have to choose DISH or T-Mobile.

    As was posted on this site, T-Mobile is in the process of shutting down the Sprint 5G network: https://www.xda-developers.com/t-mob...own-sprint-5g/

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    7,531
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    is the new boost still going working on sprints network or are they switching it over to t-mobiles network?
    Same dilemma for Sprint customers as well. Not known when the Sprint network will be closed down. There is a lot of tower integration to complete. Not sure what from the Sprint network will survive, like B25 and B26. T-Mobile seems only wanting to use B41 as n41 for 5G.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,281
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    right before the buy out t-mobile let boost users now use wifi calling from a few weeks ago...not sure about volte
    Oh wow that’s news to me! So if I were to activate now on their network I can get it to work you mean?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,041
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Same dilemma for Sprint customers as well. Not known when the Sprint network will be closed down. There is a lot of tower integration to complete. Not sure what from the Sprint network will survive, like B25 and B26. T-Mobile seems only wanting to use B41 as n41 for 5G.
    i think theyll sell off B26 and keep the rest...they gotta sell X amount of sprints bands as well...yea B41 is the golden ticket for t-mobile right now

    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Oh wow that’s news to me! So if I were to activate now on their network I can get it to work you mean?
    thats what i was told by a rep yes...was carrier shopping, wish they had a cheaper plan for very low/no data plans or make the $30 plan cheaper
    i always thought it was dumb for this feature to be a "postpaid only"

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,281
    Feedback Score
    0

    DISH Completes buyout of Boost

    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    i always thought it was dumb for this feature to be a "postpaid only"
    I do agree with you on this, the only thing I did think about is with some carriers making this a “postpaid only” feature I think their mentality was they didn’t want to lose too much postpaid customers to prepaid if they had it on prepaid also. Just my guess

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,041
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    I do agree with you on this, the only thing I did think about is with some carriers making this a “postpaid only” feature I think their mentality was they didn’t want to lose too much postpaid customers to prepaid if they had it on prepaid also. Just my guess
    yup, that was the reason which was understandable BUT they also lost prepaid customers because of this as well

    had 4 lines that i ported over to boost just to find out the next day when trying to set up wifi calling that i couldnt so i sold the boost iphones we all 4 had and ported our lines to metro pcs..we needed wifi calling cause our house doesnt get good service....i know im only 4 lines but how many other didnt ditch boost because of no wifi calling, im sure alot did

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,281
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    yup, that was the reason which was understandable BUT they also lost prepaid customers because of this as well

    had 4 lines that i ported over to boost just to find out the next day when trying to set up wifi calling that i couldnt so i sold the boost iphones we all 4 had and ported our lines to metro pcs..we needed wifi calling cause our house doesnt get good service....i know im only 4 lines but how many other didnt ditch boost because of no wifi calling, im sure alot did
    I see your point makes sense especially when sprint didn’t work best for a lot of people in different areas

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    7,531
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    I see your point makes sense especially when sprint didn’t work best for a lot of people in different areas
    Neither Sprint nor T-Mobile has good service in many outer areas. The two highways that come into town vary in coverage between these carriers. That may improve with further tower integration, but in one direction a lack of towers is the main problem.

    Did Boost have WiFi Calling before the sell-off?

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,041
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Neither Sprint nor T-Mobile has good service in many outer areas. The two highways that come into town vary in coverage between these carriers. That may improve with further tower integration, but in one direction a lack of towers is the main problem.

    Did Boost have WiFi Calling before the sell-off?
    yes, but only for a few weeks before the sale

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    7,531
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    yes, but only for a few weeks before the sale
    I assume everybody was still running on Sprint before the sale? Seems like WiFi calling would be a feature after a transition to T-Mobile, as they allow it with other MVNOs.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,041
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I assume everybody was still running on Sprint before the sale? Seems like WiFi calling would be a feature after a transition to T-Mobile, as they allow it with other MVNOs.
    for some reason sprint/tmobile just open wifi calling for boost a few weeks before Dish bought Boost

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,400
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I assume everybody was still running on Sprint before the sale? Seems like WiFi calling would be a feature after a transition to T-Mobile, as they allow it with other MVNOs.
    They started migrating people to the T-Mobile system in May. It was a requirement for the sale to have the system working before transfer.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

    R.I.P. Circuit City

    We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

    1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    7,531
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    They started migrating people to the T-Mobile system in May. It was a requirement for the sale to have the system working before transfer.
    I wonder how they decide who goes when? There is still the issue of some incompatible phones, and what offers might be made for those customers. Same with some Sprint customers too.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,833
    Feedback Score
    0
    With Charlie in charge maybe it's get a new phone or bye-bye.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

    Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT $60 360 days
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,400
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I wonder how they decide who goes when? There is still the issue of some incompatible phones, and what offers might be made for those customers. Same with some Sprint customers too.
    My guess is Dish hopes to get most changed over the next year or so. It seems like they have a bigger incentive to migrate people to T-Mobile's network as quickly as possible.

    It appears they are just pushing people to new devices when old ones start having issues that can't be fixed by Customer support over the phone. This has been my experience recently (which prompted me to just go to Sprint instead).

    If one buys a new Boost device online or at a branded store, it comes with a TN SIM to activate with now. I haven't been by a big box retailer to check if their stock have changed. It's been almost two months since the TN SIMs came out, so it's possible phone stock updates have happened.
    The branded stores I went to in the last couple weeks no longer carry "yellow" Sprint UICCs (even for replacement), and Sprint BOYD UICC kits are no longer sold online directly by Boost.



    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-28-2019, 08:37 PM
  2. DOJ OKs DIsh's Purchase of Boost and Virgin
    By analogman in forum Virgin Mobile USA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2019, 11:16 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-27-2013, 10:20 AM
  4. Rogers AT&T Wireless Completes Rollout of Data and Voice Network
    By YARSTANFIRE in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2002, 04:27 PM
  5. S40 complete list of access codes
    By allanf in forum Siemens
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2002, 07:45 AM

Bookmarks