Thread: Comprehensive list of wifi

Feedback Score

Comprehensive list of wifi

Is there a comprehensive list of TracFone phones and associated networks that will allow wifi calling? I currently have a LG Classic Flip with a Verizon sim card that will not allow wifi calling and I’ve learned that’s a Verizon restriction. I’d be happy to make a switch to another phone (if need be) or a different carrier, if I could be assured that the change(s) will work. I am not that concerned with which network as none of them work very well in my corner of the woods, and that is why I need wifi calling. I am not at all interested in something like Skype

Feedback Score
    I have a Iphone SE (1st gen) on TF/ATT. I tried every month to enable wifi calling, and it tells me that I need different SIM. Suddenly, last week it says OK and just enabled wifi calling.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    My wife's TF-branded LG Fiesta 2 uses TF/T-mo. It was activated in Feb 2019 and had Wifi-Calling service from day one. I turned it off though.

Feedback Score
    All of my Motos (XPE, X4, E4 and E6) have WiFi calling available with a TF/T-MOBILE sim in them. All of my phones are carrier unlocked and I can use any sim I want. None of them have WiFi calling available with a TF/AT&T or TF/VERIZON sim in them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    All of my Motos (XPE, X4, E4 and E6) have WiFi calling available with a TF/T-MOBILE sim in them. All of my phones are carrier unlocked and I can use any sim I want. None of them have WiFi calling available with a TF/AT&T or TF/VERIZON sim in them.
    Not related to the topic, but on your E4 if you swap sims back and forth between Vzw, ATT, TMO do you need to go in and reset APNs or all's good with just the swaps ? Thx

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Not related to the topic, but on your E4 if you swap sims back and forth between Vzw, ATT, TMO do you need to go in and reset APNs or all's good with just the swaps ? Thx
    It seems to remember the APNs. Sometimes the Verizon APN is there but is not selected.

Feedback Score
    I appreciate all your responses and will see if I can change my phone to T-mobile and hope that works.

Feedback Score
    Do you only see WiFi calling settings listed with a TF/TMO SIM installed? Do you not see the settings with the other carrier SIMs installed? My Moto G5 with TF/VZW SIM shows no settings. Not blanked out, just not there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Do you only see WiFi calling settings listed with a TF/TMO SIM installed? Do you not see the settings with the other carrier SIMs installed? My Moto G5 with TF/VZW SIM shows no settings. Not blanked out, just not there.
    They are just not there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shad72 View Post
    I appreciate all your responses and will see if I can change my phone to T-mobile and hope that works.
    Not sure, but you may need some T-Mobile service to initially enable their WiFi calling feature. You might check their coverage map for your area. TMO maps can be quite revealing if zoomed in to the "customer verified" areas. Keep in mind that "fair" often means no usable signal.

https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/coverage-map

Feedback Score
    They are just not there.
    That's what I figured from other experience. The menus are in the phone (on the SIM?), but don't display if the carrier feature is not active. Thanks!