Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Shared Plans

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    That could be the case but then the FAQ should not mention the 5 GB plan. Also 5 GB even for 1 line is $55. Honestly if you have 2 lines or less you're better off on prepaid if you need tiered data
    That goes for any carrier at the moment. People needing single or two line plans have a lot more options for price.

Prepaid is still deprioritized on data. It might be cheaper but technically it is lesser service, and little chance to move up to 5G for at least several months (Verizon hasn't directly discussed prepaid 5G yet).

Postpaid tiered data is still on the highest data priority level, along with distributed device payments, discounts as applicable, etc. These plans are still worth looking at, but not as much compared to the unlimited offers.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joonshin View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought in the past you had to have a plan where you are spending more than $34.99 to qualify for employer discount. The 5GB plan is $30 and 10GB plan is $40 putting it over that treshold.
    News to me. I wasn’t aware such a requirement existed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    News to me. I wasn’t aware such a requirement existed.
    He does have a point it was many years ago back in around 2003 (maybe later or earlier can’t remember) seems like that may have changed now but I’ve been out of touch with their discounts idk what is eligible now. It’s kinda too bad the unlimited data plans don’t work with employee discounts tho

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    Prepaid is still deprioritized on data. It might be cheaper but technically it is lesser service, and little chance to move up to 5G for at least several months (Verizon hasn't directly discussed prepaid 5G yet).

Postpaid tiered data is still on the highest data priority level, along with distributed device payments, discounts as applicable, etc. These plans are still worth looking at, but not as much compared to the unlimited offers.
    A) Considering the low amount of data the priority issue isn't going to be much of a factor. A single line 5 GB after 9 months the price difference is $30 a month for the same amount of data. Is it worth $360 a year to have higher priority that will rarely be an issue? I know it's area dependent, but we've been on either Go or Start for 3 years next month and priority is rarely an issue and certainly not worth the extra $480 we would pay moving our 4 lines to the next higher unlimited plan

B) tiered data will never get 5G

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Because start unlimited shouldn’t even be a plan (anyone who has used the base unlimited plan knows how much they deprioritize it) and yes it happens even in areas not congested.

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    Just showing the difference in price possibilities between a higher priority post paid plan and a lower priority prepaid plan. And just chatting in an online forum. But I had forgotten how grumpy you are about everything.
    These plans are post-paid not prepaid...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    Because start unlimited shouldn’t even be a plan (anyone who has used the base unlimited plan knows how much they deprioritize it) and yes it happens even in areas not congested.
    I've been on Go/Start since August 2017 I rarely have issues. Why am I getting over 50 Mbps during the day and over 150 Mbps at night if I'm being slowed down? Maybe stop making blanket statements. You are only slowed down during congestion. If not, you're the same speed you would be on any other plan. That's how it works

Feedback Score

tiered data will never get 5G
    Maybe stop making blanket statements.

Good advice

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I've been on Go/Start since August 2017 I rarely have issues. Why am I getting over 50 Mbps during the day and over 150 Mbps at night if I'm being slowed down? Maybe stop making blanket statements. You are only slowed down during congestion. If not, you're the same speed you would be on any other plan. That's how it works
    Yeah no. If that was the case, when I switched to a higher tiered plan I would have gotten similar speeds at least some of the time (which I never did on the start/go plan). Not to mention its not like I live in a huge city where congestion should be an issue. The “basic” unlimited plan on verizon with their algorithms is a joke.

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score

Yes they will and you should really take your own advice and quit making blanket statements.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I don't expect this to be true. Verizon would want those plans to have access, because the faster customers use up that data the more $$ in overages they can collect. It will also lessen the use of DSS as time goes.

5G access will be used as a means to get people onto the more expensive unlimited plans, but mostly because the tiered plan overages will affect people quickly on 5G.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    Good advice
    HAHA funny. it won't. Ok do a speedtest and blow through your monthly cap within 20 seconds. You know that will happen.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    Yes they will and you should really take your own advice and quit making blanket statements.
    OK some on 5G takes a speedtest and blows through their cap in 20 seconds. Real smart move there. They don't even offer 5G on Start/Go unlimited plans( without having to pay extra for it ). But on tiered they are just going to make it part of the plan? Why not add it NOW then? By the time 5G become ubiquitous Verizon will have phased out tired plans altogether. They went from having a 5 GB single line plan and a 2, 4, 8, 16, 24 tiered plans to just TWO plans. That's reduction from 6 plans to 2 plans with a marginal increase in data at best. Within 2 years Verizon will kill off tiered data and you can quote me. On Jul 1st 2022 if Verizon still offers tired data( meaning someone can still sign up for a plan not just being grandfathered into a plan ) feel free to call me out.

Device(s)
    LG enV3 Slate Blue
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I ported back to Verizon last week. I got 3 lines on start unlimited plan. I haven't noticed a single slow down so far in the week I've been with Verizon. I live in the bay area so not sure if the towers are not congested due to tech workers are sheltered in place. I've been running speed tests all the over places I've been going and the speeds were between 5mb-200mb. I also used up 9gb of data so far. Not sure what my speeds will be if I go over 20GB. Although my plan is supposed to be deprioritized.

Feedback Score
    Within 2 years Verizon will kill off tiered data and you can quote me. On Jul 1st 2022 if Verizon still offers tired data( meaning someone can still sign up for a plan not just being grandfathered into a plan ) feel free to call me out.
    You said "tiered plans will never get 5g". Now, you're saying Verizon won't offer tiered plans in 2 years. Big difference.

I'll say this, if Verizon doesn't offer tiered data plans with 5G in 20 years (that's July 7, 2040), feel free to call me out. I fully expect them to offer a 150 gb plan for $38 month.
    Last edited by Serial Port; 07-08-2020 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Personal insult edited out

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast