Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Shared Plans

Feedback Score

New Shared Plans

The old ones are gone

5 GB $30 plus $25 per line access( with autopay otherwise $35 )
    10 GB $40 plus $25 per line access( with autopay otherwise $35 )

that's it.

So 4 lines on 10 GB is $140. 4 lines on Start Unlimited also $140. Why bother with these?

https://www.verizon.com/plans/#shared

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    The old ones are gone

5 GB $30 plus $25 per line access( with autopay otherwise $35 )
    10 GB $40 plus $25 per line access( with autopay otherwise $35 )

that's it.

So 4 lines on 10 GB is $140. 4 lines on Start Unlimited also $140. Why bother with these?

https://www.verizon.com/plans/#shared
    I did some math and it just makes my bill higher for the same 5GB plan.

Feedback Score
    It looks like it's not giving you your 15% discount. I wonder if they stopped giving works discounts or it's not not listing it. Otherwise for someone who didn't have a work discount a singe line 5 GB plan would be the same. I mean for people that insist on staying on a tiered data plan and are not getting work discounts these are bit cheaper with a bit more data but unlimited is still better than the 10 GB plan

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So glad we never left the fudp plan. We have 7 lines and pay about $38 per line with taxes. My brother his wife and kid are getting ready to join us. That will get it down to $30 per line + taxes.

Feedback Score
    It looks like it's not giving you your 15% discount. I wonder if they stopped giving works discounts or it's not not listing it. Otherwise for someone who didn't have a work discount a singe line 5 GB plan would be the same. I mean for people that insist on staying on a tiered data plan and are not getting work discounts these are bit cheaper with a bit more data but unlimited is still better than the 10 GB plan
    Also it looks like it’s not giving the $5 autopay discount.

My moms account, who is also on the 5GB plan, also on an employee plan, but no autopay discount, sees her plan jump almost $10.

What’s strange is if I change her to the 10GB plan, it then shows $6 off for the employee discount.

I’m seeing the same behavior with my own account. I change the plan to the 10GB option and now it’s taking off the $6 discount. Could be a UI glitch or they don’t honor the employee discount on the 5GB plan anymore.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post

My moms account, who is also on the 5GB plan, also on an employee plan, but no autopay discount, sees her plan jump almost $10.
    Could be a glitch or they just stopped doing it. Would not shock me if they are just ending work discounts. Also wouldn't shock me if a year or so from now they got rid of tiered data all together based on these plans

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    So glad we never left the fudp plan. We have 7 lines and pay about $38 per line with taxes. My brother his wife and kid are getting ready to join us. That will get it down to $30 per line + taxes.
    Not sure what fUDP has to do with a change in tiered data plans but, ok.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Not sure what fUDP has to do with a change in tiered data plans but, ok.
    Just showing the difference in price possibilities between a higher priority post paid plan and a lower priority prepaid plan. And just chatting in an online forum. But I had forgotten how grumpy you are about everything.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    As long as the tiered data is still not depri compared to the lower level current unlimited plans, I think newer customers will still be okay with the pricing. I do agree that they are pricing plans to nudge people away from the tiered premium data plans.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    Just showing the difference in price possibilities between a higher priority post paid plan and a lower priority prepaid plan. And just chatting in an online forum. But I had forgotten how grumpy you are about everything.
    it's not grumpy. Just wondering what it had to do with the new plans? I mean that difference already existed with the old tired plans that have been around for 4 years. That's why I'm asking. Talk about someone being grumpy. Sorry I asked someone how posting something what considered off topic how it is on topic. Sorry you were offended by that

Feedback Score

What’s strange is if I change her to the 10GB plan, it then shows $6 off for the employee discount.

I’m seeing the same behavior with my own account. I change the plan to the 10GB option and now it’s taking off the $6 discount. Could be a UI glitch or they don’t honor the employee discount on the 5GB plan anymore.
    I already have Verizon service. How do I switch to the 5GB or 10GB plan? If you're on a different plan and want to switch to the Shared Data - 5GB or Shared Data - 10GB plan, visit your Plan page in My Verizon. Keep in mind if you switch from an unlimited plan to a shared data plan:

• All the lines on your account change to that shared data plan.
    • If your plan was eligible for:
      • A $5/month per phone Auto Pay and paper-free billing discount (with any non-current unlimited plan) - You now get a $10/month discount.
      • A military, nurse, teacher or first responder discount - Your discount will change to a percentage off the monthly service fee for your entire account.
      • An employer discount - If you're eligible for a discount because of your employer's agreement with Verizon, but your unlimited plan wasn't eligible for the discount, that discount will be applied to your new shared data plan.

Feedback Score
    But what about going from a tiered data plan to a different tiered data plan.

Feedback Score
    That shouldn't matter

Feedback Score
    I could be wrong, but I thought in the past you had to have a plan where you are spending more than $34.99 to qualify for employer discount. The 5GB plan is $30 and 10GB plan is $40 putting it over that treshold.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joonshin View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought in the past you had to have a plan where you are spending more than $34.99 to qualify for employer discount. The 5GB plan is $30 and 10GB plan is $40 putting it over that treshold.
    That could be the case but then the FAQ should not mention the 5 GB plan. Also 5 GB even for 1 line is $55. Honestly if you have 2 lines or less you're better off on prepaid if you need tiered data

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast