Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does 4G = VoLTE compatible if sold through PagePlus?

Device(s)
    Moto Z4 (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Not sure when it happened with PPC, but VoLTE provisioning started in mid-2018 with Tracfone. This could only happen with activations, and was not done retroactively on existing phones even if they were capable, It took some tricks to get an existing phone VoLTE provisioned. Basically a reactivation, and sometimes needing a new SIM card.

I do know one instance where an in-service BYOP phone on PPC somehow got VoLTE provisioned without the owner taking any action. It had been originally activated a good while before VoLTE was available. Another indication is the phone will now have HD Voice and Visual Voicemail.
    Much thanks.

It looks like I will need to make calls to both VZW (for that account) and PPC (for that account). The down side to being a long time customer.

At least I know when I speak to VZW, the key words I need to use when speaking to their rep are to please activate the "Advanced Calling" feature on my account. This in turn will offer me the option on my phone's setup to enable "HD Voice"; VZW name for VoLTE.

For PPC, I will have to hope (prey) that their rep understands either the industry standard terms, or the VZW unique terms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
    It looks like I will need to make calls to both VZW (for that account) and PPC (for that account).
    Confused here....what account is the phone in question on? If PPC, there is no direct VZW involvement. The VoLTE provisioning will come from PPC. Is this a VZW branded phone? If not, VoLTE may be named something else than Advanced Calling. My Moto is Enhanced 4G LTE Mode.

Feedback Score
    The VoLTE feature needs to be active, for the hidden menu item to be presented. At least for VZW that is the way it works.
    Are we speaking of the dialed *#*#4636#*#* menu? I know that some VZW phones don't have this.

Feedback Score
    Are we speaking of the dialed *#*#4636#*#* menu? I know that some VZW phones don't have this.
    I'm lost with the OP too. When I mentioned a hidden menu to the OP I also asked the OP twice what phone he's using but no answer. I never got to the *# code since he never answered what phone he's using, other then his quote that VoLTE had to be enabled. I don't think he knows about the *# code and is probably talking about the switch in settings. Knowing what phone they have would sure help.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I also asked the OP twice what phone he's using but no answer.
    Sorry, I figured you would have saw the answer. They are both listed in the top right corner of each of my postings.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Confused here....what account is the phone in question on? If PPC, there is no direct VZW involvement. The VoLTE provisioning will come from PPC. Is this a VZW branded phone? If not, VoLTE may be named something else than Advanced Calling. My Moto is Enhanced 4G LTE Mode.
    I have two phones with similar problems. One connected directly to VZW as a post paid. One connected indirectly to VZW thru PPC as a pre-paid.

Its been years, but I think my VZW account has Advanced Calling disabled on purpose. This was back when if you chose to "experiment" with their then-new HD Voice, you could only call others using HD Voice too. At the time, I didn't want that restriction. In hindsight, that might now be causing me problems in a few months.

My PPC account has similar problems, and why I am here. I thoughts now are if I solve in on one, I will quickly solve it on the other. If I called PPC, should ask about "Advanced Calling", "HD Voice", or "VoLTE"? Or will any of these terms simply confused their CS rep? There must be a keyword that others have found that triggers understanding by PPC reps.

Feedback Score
    I have two phones with similar problems. One connected directly to VZW as a post paid. One connected indirectly to VZW thru PPC as a pre-paid......................
    Thanks, I saw the phones you had listed but wanted to confirm since sometimes they're not up to date.

I assume your VZW post paid phone is a Verizon branded phone or ?
    Is your PP phone also a VZW branded phone or what ?

I believe Moto phones will accept the dialed *#*#4636#*#* menu but I've only done it to enable my VoLTE on an factory unlocked Moto E4. Don't know about the capability on branded phones.

@loboheeler or someone else can better walk you through using that hidden menu if your phones are capable.

Feedback Score
    I believe Moto phones will accept the dialed *#*#4636#*#* menu but I've only done it to enable my VoLTE on an factory unlocked Moto E4. Don't know about the capability on branded phones.
    Don't know if a VZW branded Moto will display the menu either. My only experience is with Samsung VZW branded phones, which did not.

Here is what my Moto G5 shows, which is on a VZW MVNO. The toggles for Video calling and WiFi calling are not active on that network. Actual VZW service would show them live.
    Name:  Screenshot_20200811-150656.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  52.9 KB

Feedback Score
    If I called PPC, should ask about "Advanced Calling", "HD Voice", or "VoLTE"? Or will any of these terms simply confused their CS rep? There must be a keyword that others have found that triggers understanding by PPC reps.
    The term for VoLTE in a Moto phone's Network settings is "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode". They should be familiar with that, but use any of the terms to get it across.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    True. The dialer method does not always work on Verizon. Usually, the "4G Switcher" app works and is easier to use. It will take you right to that menu (no need to dial anything).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    True. The dialer method does not always work on Verizon. Usually, the "4G Switcher" app works and is easier to use. It will take you right to that menu (no need to dial anything).
    That app does seem to go to the same menu. I thought the *#*#4636#*#* had been wiped out in my Moto after having played with some of the other dialing codes listed for that phone. An article said that it would work in one of the alternate dialers, and it does with one I already had. Weird because it only worked with the stock Google dialer before.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

I assume your VZW post paid phone is a Verizon branded phone or ?
    Is your PP phone also a VZW branded phone or what ?
    Both of my phones are not Verizon branded. I buy them directly from Motorola to lessen the crap-ware. The PPC phone is my hand-me-down phone.

I just tried *#*#4636#*#* on my Z4 (its the only phone that is handy right now) and it worked.

@loboheeler or someone else can better walk you through using that hidden menu if your phones are capable.
    Here is a screen shot. Its from my Z4 (again, its handy) and it is the one on VZW. I see the "Voice Network Type" is set for "1xRTT". That's the potential problem come the end of the year. True?

Name:  Screenshot_20200812-083129.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  44.6 KB

Feedback Score
    Both of my phones are not Verizon branded. I buy them directly from Motorola to lessen the crap-ware. The PPC phone is my hand-me-down phone.

I just tried *#*#4636#*#* on my Z4 (its the only phone that is handy right now) and it worked.

Here is a screen shot. Its from my Z4 (again, its handy) and it is the one on VZW. I see the "Voice Network Type" is set for "1xRTT". That's the potential problem come the end of the year. True?

Name:  Screenshot_20200812-083129.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  44.6 KB
    Further down don't you have the toggle to turn VoLTE on like in @loboheelers screen shot ?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Further down don't you have the toggle to turn VoLTE on like in @loboheelers screen shot ?
    Do you mean further down in @loboheelers screen shot, the line called "VoLTE Provisioned" ? If so, yes, I have that (just need to scroll down to see it). However, for me, the green slide switch is 'off' (but the line is not grayed out).

Is that the key here? For both my VZW phone and my PPC phone, all I need to do is to move the green slide switch over to 'on'?

BTW, also like in @loboheelers screen shot, "Video Calling Provisioned" and "Wifi Calling Provisioned" is grayed out.

Feedback Score
    Do you mean further down in @loboheelers screen shot, the line called "VoLTE Provisioned" ? If so, yes, I have that (just need to scroll down to see it). However, for me, the green slide switch is 'off' (but the line is not grayed out).

Is that the key here? For both my VZW phone and my PPC phone, all I need to do is to move the green slide switch over to 'on'?

BTW, also like in @loboheelers screen shot, "Video Calling Provisioned" and "Wifi Calling Provisioned" is grayed out.
    Yes, turn the VoLTE on. That's likely your issue. I had to do that on mine with PP.
    PP doesn't support VCP or wifi calling so they are grayed out.

After you turn VoLTE on there; check in your normal phone settings under Wireless/Networks>More>Cellular Networks and make sure Enhanced 4G LTE Mode is on too. That's the path on my Moto E4 Os7.1, so your path to that may differ.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast