Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Prepaid rolls out new plans

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Verizon Prepaid rolls out new plans

Verizon has rolled out all new prepaid plans. Plans that are $40+ can get "loyalty discounts" after 3 and then 9 months.

There also appears to be a 5GB plan for $40 ($35 w/autopay). So after 9 months this plan would be $25/month.

https://www.verizon.com/prepaid#pricing

Important note if you've already been a VZW prepaid subscriber for 4 or 10 months (or longer) on an older plan:
    If you switch to a new plan, you'll earn Loyalty Discounts based on how long your line has been active and how many months of payment have been received.

For example, if your line has been active for a total of 4 months, you'll start receiving a $5/month discount right away. If your line has been active for a total of 10 months, you'll automatically receive the $10/month discount when you switch plans.
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...-service-faqs/ (click on Loyalty Discounts)
    Last edited by taoman; 06-24-2020 at 12:10 PM. Reason: added info

Feedback Score
    Prepaid is the way to go nowadays unless you finance a phone and even the manufacturers like Apple and Samsung seem to do that now.

I haven’t regretted going on prepaid

Device(s)
    Z10, Bold, Galaxy S8
    Feedback Score
    Well, the base talk and text plan doesn't even have high speed data anymore, unlike the old plan which had 500 megs, and now costs $5 more without autopay.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jboard55 View Post
    Well, the base talk and text plan doesn't even have high speed data anymore, unlike the old plan which had 500 megs, and now costs $5 more without autopay.
    Yes and this plan had double data (1 GB) with the promo and had hotspot. But the new plan has 5GB and costs the same with the loyalty discount and $5 less with Autopay so it seems better. Not sure if there’s a catch somewhere.

The higher plans all lose double data so I’m not sure if it’s a good deal to switch.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie617 View Post
    Yes and this plan had double data (1 GB) with the promo and had hotspot. But the new plan has 5GB and costs the same with the loyalty discount and $5 less with Autopay so it seems better. Not sure if there’s a catch somewhere.

The higher plans all lose double data so I’m not sure if it’s a good deal to switch.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Just based on looking at the plans they are almost the exact same just except for 1 gig. The 40 now 5 gig from original plan and 50 is 15 from original plan. So it’s just a gig different but can kinda see your point tho

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Just based on looking at the plans they are almost the exact same just except for 1 gig. The 40 now 5 gig from original plan and 50 is 15 from original plan. So it’s just a gig different but can kinda see your point tho
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie617 View Post
    Eh, double data was only good it got more than 1, 6 or 16GB total. Most newer customers only got 1/6/16. The double data promo is now grandfathered, so you have to debate with CS to change plans to retain double data now.

Losing 1GB (on the 5/15GB plans) to potentially save $5-10 per month after a few months is very enticing.

I'm considering switching from the 3GB (double data so 6GB) plan to the 5GB for about $15 less or up to 15GB for basically the same price as what I pay now.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    Losing 1GB (on the 5/15GB plans) to potentially save $5-10 per month after a few months is very enticing.

I'm considering switching from the 3GB (double data so 6GB) plan to the 5GB for about $15 less or up to 15GB for basically the same price as what I pay now.

Nice plan I think these plans seem very tempting for the price you pay and amount of gigs. Especially now the new unlimited plan you can add hotspot for 5 bucks which isn’t bad at all compared to att that charges 10 for 5 gigs of hotspot on their cheapest unlimited

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    The double data promo is now grandfathered, so you have to debate with CS to change plans to retain double data now.
    Double data is now grandfathered for that plan. Promotions/discounts are tied to the particular plan you're on, not your line/number. The second you switch to a new plan you lose any promotions or discounts you might have had. I doubt there will be a debate with CS. It is clearly stated.

Note: If you receive discounts or promotional data with your old plan that aren't offered on the new plan (e.g., double data, multi-line discount, etc.), you'll no longer receive those when you switch plans.

Feedback Score

Verizon Prepaid rolls out new plans

On that same note at least another positive from this is they refreshed their prepaid plans since it’s been a long time and the discounts after a period of time is great!

The only next thing I hope they support is eSim hopefully it’s in the works.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    Double data is now grandfathered for that plan. Promotions/discounts are tied to the particular plan you're on, not your line/number. The second you switch to a new plan you lose any promotions or discounts you might have had. I doubt there will be a debate with CS. It is clearly stated.
    Sorry, I worded that post a bit misleading/confusing. I meant changing from an old 8GB (dd 16GB) to the old 3GB (dd 6GB) plan, or conversely 3 to 8, not from a grandfathered plan to one of these new plans. Though you are probably right, CS probably won't let people move between plans that were available yesterday but not today (grandfathered) because "reasons."

Carrier(s)
    VZW Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    FYI, if you're currently with VZW Prepaid, you can switch to the new plans and have however long you've been active count towards the time. So if you've already been active for a year you can get the new lowest prices already.

Feedback Score
    I have 2 lines on the grandfathered double data 8 GB plans for over a year, so with $5 autopay discount on each and $15 family discount on the second I am paying $45 + $30= $75 monthly. If I switch the the first line only to the new $50 15 GB plan (with the $10 loyalty discount), will I keep the family discount on the second? That would be $35 + $30= $65 monthly.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ejlmd View Post
    If I switch the the first line only to the new $50 15 GB plan (with the $10 loyalty discount), will I keep the family discount on the second?
    I'm in the same situation and wondering the same thing. It will probably require a call or chat with a CSR.

Or I was thinking of starting the change to the new plan online in My Verizon and see if it threw up a warning about my second line.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    I'm in the same situation and wondering the same thing. It will probably require a call or chat with a CSR.

Or I was thinking of starting the change to the new plan online in My Verizon and see if it threw up a warning about my second line.
    I did a chat with CSR, who assured me the $15 family discount wouldn't disappear on the second line if I changed the first line to the new 15 GB loyalty plan, so I bit the bullet and made the change on the first line only. I figure at worst, if the $15 family discount disappears on the second line, I can switch that one to the new loyalty plan as well, and still end up paying a total of $70 monthly for the 2 rather than $75 now.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    I guess this is a good deal for me. I'm currently only the 15GB for life plan for $45 after the autopay discount. But if I automatically get the loyalty discount, since I've been ob prepaid for years now, my price should go down to $35 a month. On top of the discounted price I get for refill pins.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast