Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Prepaid rolls out new plans

Feedback Score
    One other question I just thought of if we switch to Verizon prepaid to try and get the 60 account credit and then switch later on to a lower plan. Our loyalty discount won’t reset right because it goes by length of time with the line not plan? Correct me if I’m mistaken

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    One other question I just thought of if we switch to Verizon prepaid to try and get the 60 account credit and then switch later on to a lower plan. Our loyalty discount won’t reset right because it goes by length of time with the line not plan? Correct me if I’m mistaken
    Loyalty discount goes with the line. I just switched one line from the 8 GB double data to the 15 GB plan and the full loyalty discount is showing immediately.

Device(s)
    LG V40 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V40 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    VZW server is down for me. I can't login on my phone and my PC gives error 504.

The prepaid verizon website was I was able to use my verizon app to chage to the 15 gig plan. I was on the double data with 6 for the same price as the 15 gig now. I got my 15 gigs of data when I changed plans and my plan is not due until next month.
    Last edited by Turtley; 06-27-2020 at 03:53 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ejlmd View Post
    Loyalty discount goes with the line. I just switched one line from the 8 GB double data to the 15 GB plan and the full loyalty discount is showing immediately.
    Nice that’s awesome!

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    And I just switched from the 8GB (16GB double data) plan to the new 5GB plan. I immediately got the $10 loyalty discount plus $5 auto-pay discount. Also, my second line retained the family plan multi-line discount.

Now I'm waiting until tomorrow to buy some $50 VZW refill cards from Target with the bonus $10 gift card. Counting the Redcard's 5% cashback it's gotta be the best deal available for Verizon prepaid.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Maybe a dumb question, but if I had a generally good experience with Visible in my area, I can expect a generally good experience with Verizon Prepaid, right? I've been fighting with some AT&T-related problems and thinking of giving Verizon's new 5GB plan a try. I tried out Visible a few months ago on another line and other than the high latency, speeds weren't bad in my area, but lack of LTEiRA kind of made it a no-go for me long-term.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Maybe a dumb question, but if I had a generally good experience with Visible in my area, I can expect a generally good experience with Verizon Prepaid, right? I've been fighting with some AT&T-related problems and thinking of giving Verizon's new 5GB plan a try. I tried out Visible a few months ago on another line and other than the high latency, speeds weren't bad in my area, but lack of LTEiRA kind of made it a no-go for me long-term.
    Your latency should be better with VZW Prepaid since it's using Verizon core not the Visible cloud core (which doesn't have as many servers to work with). Speeds may stay the same, there's variable reports about Visible vs VZW Prepaid on that.

Though in general if Visible was good for you, VZW direct shouldn't be much different. Definitely if you need LTEiRA, VZW Prepaid is your best shot as MVNOs may not have access everywhere.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    Your latency should be better with VZW Prepaid since it's using Verizon core not the Visible cloud core (which doesn't have as many servers to work with). Speeds may stay the same, there's variable reports about Visible vs VZW Prepaid on that.

Though in general if Visible was good for you, VZW direct shouldn't be much different. Definitely if you need LTEiRA, VZW Prepaid is your best shot as MVNOs may not have access everywhere.
    Thanks—that's sort of what I assumed, but thought I'd check that my line of thinking made sense (since there's so many VZW prepaid deprioritization horror stories). I'm kind of debating between those new plans, T-Mobile Connect, or pay a little more for Sprint Kickstart (get in and grandfathered) and weighing the pros and cons of each.

Feedback Score
    I don't think these plans will last very. long. Boost Mobile did something similar to this a couple of years ago. These plans are a copycat of the Boost Mobile plans. They went the way of the dinosaur and did not last long at Boost. These are gimmicks to keep the cash flowing into Verizon Prepaid's coffers by using Auto Pay. Remember: Cash is King!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie617 View Post
    Yes and this plan had double data (1 GB) with the promo and had hotspot. But the new plan has 5GB and costs the same with the loyalty discount and $5 less with Autopay so it seems better. Not sure if there’s a catch somewhere.

The higher plans all lose double data so I’m not sure if it’s a good deal to switch.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    You are catching on or you are smarter than the average bear!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jameny5 View Post
    I don't think these plans will last very. long. Boost Mobile did something similar to this a couple of years ago. These plans are a copycat of the Boost Mobile plans. They went the way of the dinosaur and did not last long at Boost. These are gimmicks to keep the cash flowing into Verizon Prepaid's coffers by using Auto Pay. Remember: Cash is King!!!
    I don’t understand how Autopay helps. You still have to refill your account if you want service regardless of Autopay.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I don’t understand how Autopay helps. You still have to refill your account if you want service regardless of Autopay.

If you have autopay on , it refills automatically from your credit card unless you have a balance that can cover it. Buying refills at Target when they have sales not only saves you taxes but provides a discount. If you load up your balance with Tgt refills your credit card on file wont get charged. But if your balance cant satisfy the monthly charge your credit card will get charged - by autopay

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    If you have autopay on , it refills automatically from your credit card unless you have a balance that can cover it. Buying refills at Target when they have sales not only saves you taxes but provides a discount. If you load up your balance with Tgt refills your credit card on file wont get charged. But if your balance cant satisfy the monthly charge your credit card will get charged - by autopay
    So with that said will the autopay discount work with the refills from target or no?

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    So with that said will the autopay discount work with the refills from target or no?
    Yes. You have to have autopay on and a valid credit card on file. You get discount as long as those two qualifications are met regardless whether it pulls from your existing balance or charges your credit card

Feedback Score

It helps Verizon with getting a "consistent" "on time payment. Suppose you die. Verizon doesn't know about it until 6 months after a family member alerts them. Does Verizon know you croaked the months before they found out? No. But, they got six on time consistent payments from a bank account that had ample money in it. The point is that auto pay is worry free to a company than say a person you are waiting for to enter pay information and have it authorized or it could possibly be declined. Think about it.
    I mean there is a chance the autopay could decline for lack of funds in the account. Most of the time funds are there which is good for the company.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast