Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Prepaid rolls out new plans

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Sweet!! I just switched to the new 15GB plan. It says I will owe $35 instead of the normal $45 for my next payment, at the end of the month.

So hopefully nothing else changes like data priority. Because the entire time I have been on Verizon prepaid in the DC area, my experience has been identical to when I was on Verizon Postpaid. I've still been able to get over 200Mbs speeds and never see any throttling.

But that is still a nice savings. And with my current balance I should be good for another 15 months now. INstead of the 11.6 months it would have been at the $45 a month.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    I guess this is a good deal for me. I'm currently only the 15GB for life plan for $45 after the autopay discount. But if I automatically get the loyalty discount, since I've been ob prepaid for years now, my price should go down to $35 a month. On top of the discounted price I get for refill pins.
    My total renewal price for the 15 GB main line after loyalty discount and autopay and the 8 GB/double data grandfathered second line is showing as $65, which is what I had hoped.

Feedback Score
    Someone who banked a lot of $ from the old eBay Pin deals and can now get the discount really did a good job getting a deal.

I'm almost out of $ in my Prepaid bank and will soon move over to Visible. I still kick myself for not getting more of those eBay Pins.

Carrier(s)
    VZW Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ejlmd View Post
    I have 2 lines on the grandfathered double data 8 GB plans for over a year, so with $5 autopay discount on each and $15 family discount on the second I am paying $45 + $30= $75 monthly. If I switch the the first line only to the new $50 15 GB plan (with the $10 loyalty discount), will I keep the family discount on the second? That would be $35 + $30= $65 monthly.
    I switched the main line on our account first and the other 3 had retained loyalty discounts. Our monthly price was updated online after a few minutes.

Feedback Score
    That $30 talk and text only plan seems pretty crappy. Its almost like they did that to "coax" customers to higher, more expensive plans even verizon postpaid $30 plan gets you 500Mb of data.

Feedback Score
    Sweet!! I just switched to the new 15GB plan. It says I will owe $35 instead of the normal $45 for my next payment, at the end of the month.
    What about Autopay? Does that kick in only after 30 days or is it applied immediately if it’s turned on before billing cycle ends?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie617 View Post
    What about Autopay? Does that kick in only after 30 days or is it applied immediately if it’s turned on before billing cycle ends?

I believe it kicks in the following cycle correct me if I’m wrong

Feedback Score
    Just to check—they immediately applied the loyalty discount for the next payment? When I go through the app to change plans I don’t see it applied. The line is active for years and my cycle ends in a couple of days so per your experience it should apply. I called Verizon and they said it will apply from the next billing cycle, so I’m confused.

Feedback Score
    So are there multi line discount on top of the loyalty discount? It seems to me that Verizon is doing away with the multi line discount in the new plans.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    No the multi line discounts are gone once you switch to the new plan.

I did manage to get the loyalty discount through the website immediately. It didn’t work through the app though (it only worked through the web browser).

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

It is immediate for me. SInce I've been using Autopay for years now.
    But I always have a balance so they take the money from my balance instead of my credit card.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Just to check—they immediately applied the loyalty discount for the next payment? When I go through the app to change plans I don’t see it applied. The line is active for years and my cycle ends in a couple of days so per your experience it should apply. I called Verizon and they said it will apply from the next billing cycle, so I’m confused.

My loyalty discount was applied right away, since I've been on prepaid for a few years now. As well as autopay. Previously, with autopay, my monthly price was $45. And then with the $10 off for the loyalty credit, brings it down to $35. It shows on my account that they will pull $35 from my balance at the end of the month.

I only have one line. For years the cell carriers always screwed over people that had one line. So for me it is a welcome surprise.

Feedback Score
    No the multi line discounts are gone once you switch to the new plan.

I did manage to get the loyalty discount through the website immediately. It didn’t work through the app though (it only worked through the web browser).

So currently my cost for 3 lines on 8 + 8 GB is $105. By moving to the new 15 GB plan, it'll still be $105 or $35 per line but we'd lose 1 GB per line. Oh well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconjp View Post
    So currently my cost for 3 lines on 8 + 8 GB is $105. By moving to the new 15 GB plan, it'll still be $105 or $35 per line but we'd lose 1 GB per line. Oh well.

If you change the main line only to the new 15 GB plan, and leave the other 2 on the 8 GB double data family plan with autopay, your new total cost will be $35 + $30 + $30 = $95, so you will save $10 monthly. I just went from $75 to $65 monthly for 2 lines like that.

You don't lose the family discount on the additional lines if you leave them on the old plans.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    Important note if you've already been a VZW prepaid subscriber for 4 or 10 months (or longer) on an older plan:
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...-service-faqs/ (click on Loyalty Discounts)
    So ironic, I literally just switched to Visible this week after being on VZW prepaid for about two years. I would not have switched if I knew about this first. Now it sucks if I switch back I'll have to wait to build up to 9 months again. But I guess if I get a $60 port in bonus switching back it will offset it exactly.

I just posted in the other dead "cheap verizon refills"thread about next weeks Target discounts. I predicted last time the $5 off $50 would come back would be 6/28. 5 week rotation. But its even better, $10 TGC with $50 purchase, plus redcard $2.50 discount. Good time for you to stock up.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast