Thread: Coverage?

Feedback Score

Coverage?

If I decided to give the connect plan a go. Would you all say they’re coverage has gotten better in years almost as much as att/Verizon? I have my dads place in VT where the reception is very so so but when I looked at the map it showed LTE partner coverage but in pink lines tho. Is that indicating I’ll get ok coverage?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Remember that coverage differs from state to state, county to county, city to city and neighborhood to neighborhood. It matters where you live and it is hard to predict through a internet forum like this one.

Your best bet is to speak with people who live and use their phones in the same area. The online maps are merely a theoretical prediction and not necessarily an accurate representation of actual coverage.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Remember that coverage differs from state to state, county to county, city to city and neighborhood to neighborhood. It matters where you live and it is hard to predict through a internet forum like this one.

Your best bet is to speak with people who live and use their phones in the same area. The online maps are merely a theoretical prediction and not necessarily an accurate representation of actual coverage.
    Gotcha makes sense

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon Prepaid, Total Wireless (Verizon), FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    If I decided to give the connect plan a go. Would you all say they’re coverage has gotten better in years almost as much as att/Verizon? I have my dads place in VT where the reception is very so so but when I looked at the map it showed LTE partner coverage but in pink lines tho. Is that indicating I’ll get ok coverage?
    You only get 100MB of domestic partner roaming on Connect plans each month. Enough for a day or two of occasional usage, but I would definitely be on WiFi as much as possible when visiting your dad's place.
    You should get a signal at least for calls and text and that limited data but that will also depend on other factors.

Overall their coverage is getting better with use of band 71 (on a compatible phone), and will get a bit better on the roads once the Sprint network integration finishes.
    Eh, it's slowly approaching the other two in actual coverage.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    OP: HoFo user: ˇOwnj00 is familiar with Vermont. I’d send a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    You only get 100MB of domestic partner roaming on Connect plans each month. Enough for a day or two of occasional usage, but I would definitely be on WiFi as much as possible when visiting your dad's place.
    You should get a signal at least for calls and text and that limited data but that will also depend on other factors.

Overall their coverage is getting better with use of band 71 (on a compatible phone), and will get a bit better on the roads once the Sprint network integration finishes.
    Eh, it's slowly approaching the other two in actual coverage.

Good info and ty. How do I know which phones use band 71. What about iPhones like the X and SE (2020)?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    OP: HoFo user: ˇOwnj00 is familiar with Vermont. I’d send a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Ty Danny for pointing that out I will reach out.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon Prepaid, Total Wireless (Verizon), FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Good info and ty. How do I know which phones use band 71. What about iPhones like the X and SE (2020)?
    The SE 2020 model does support band 71, but I believe the original X does not.

Here is a good list to start with. It tends to be updated somewhat regularly: http://band71.batcave.net/

Apple tends to provide LTE band specs for iPhones on their websites. Current sold models are listed here: https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/
    For older models, you might have to search for the specific iPhone model you have in support.

Some OEMs show LTE bands on their devices' tech spec information, but not always.

I also look at the frequency check website for detail on bands for many other phones. It provides a means to search and filter: https://www.frequencycheck.com/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    The SE 2020 model does support band 71, but I believe the original X does not.

Here is a good list to start with. It tends to be updated somewhat regularly: http://band71.batcave.net/

Apple tends to provide LTE band specs for iPhones on their websites. Current sold models are listed here: https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/
    For older models, you might have to search for the specific iPhone model you have in support.

Some OEMs show LTE bands on their devices' tech spec information, but not always.

I also look at the frequency check website for detail on bands for many other phones. It provides a means to search and filter: https://www.frequencycheck.com/

Oh ok good info there thanks! When I get the connect plan at some point I may just use eSim on the SE and try out the service again since you previously stated it’s getting better

Sent from my iPad using HoFo