Thread: Couldn't port to att prepaid from cricket gave up

Feedback Score

Couldn't port to att prepaid from cricket gave up

I posted this ok n the cricket side. It's important for people to know, and if att doesnt know, to know as well. Porting to att from cricket is a gigantic headache that takes days for many. I started at 9am to give me 15 hours. Wasnt gona happen that fast. Even getting att to mail me the sim required 3 phone calls. Att at least prepaid is far behind cricket in customer service specifically someone answering the phone. Att lost a sim, which I'll refuse to pay, the overnight fed ex of the sim, the 3 hours labor of their people working on it...all. because they didnt tell me ahead of time how problematic porting to att is from cricket. Off to Verizon in 30 days

Device(s)
    Note 8, LG Xpression 2
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity, Tracphone
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I know the big three do not want to lose their customers to something cheaper. I remember when I had to try porting from post paid to pre paid I would get the run around. It got to the point that customer service would flat out tell me they were not going to do it. I had a couple of customers get it done on one line not on the other line if they had a family plan. The best option is to port to Tracfone and then port out to the other company. If you really need that number so much.

Sent from my SM-T290 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 3a XL
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Funny... I just got my account number from the website (maybe by phone, I've switched so many times I may have forgotten that details), walked into an AT&T corporate store and switched from Cricket to AT&T Prepaid in less than 30 minutes. I've switched from Straight Talk, Cricket, H2O, T-Mobile, Verizon, Google Voice, AT&T and more, for the last 15 years or so and keep coming back to AT&T prepaid. Switching to AT&T from any other carrier was always painless... But I always did it in a corporate store.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    - If ignorance is bliss, why are there not more happy people in the world?

Current Personal Phone: Google Pixel 3a XL (AT&T PrePaid)

Other phones "in the family": Nokia 6.1 (AT&T), Huawei P20

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Funny... I just got my account number from the website (maybe by phone, I've switched so many times I may have forgotten that details), walked into an AT&T corporate store and switched from Cricket to AT&T Prepaid in less than 30 minutes. I've switched from Straight Talk, Cricket, H2O, T-Mobile, Verizon, Google Voice, AT&T and more, for the last 15 years or so and keep coming back to AT&T prepaid. Switching to AT&T from any other carrier was always painless... But I always did it in a corporate store.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Same here. I went from cricket to att prepaid with no issue in non-corporate store.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Same here. I went from cricket to att prepaid with no issue in non-corporate store.
    Many years ago I learned not to ever set foot on any of those regarding any existing prepaid account issues. In my case they would always try to sell me something (plan/phone or both) instead of help me, and I understood their motivation as they get nothing by helping with an existing prepaid account (not even activated by them). Always headed to only corporate stores. Luckily I have several in my area to choose from.

Activating a new line by porting from cricket is one of the things a non-corporate store should be glad to help you with as it counts as a sale I guess.

Feedback Score
    I've done this twice port from Cricket to AT&T prepaid. Both times I did it in an AT&T store and both times it was a five minute port.

Sent from my SM-T720 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yep. Moved from Cricket to AT&T Prepaid at the store. Assuming one is open around you, that is the way to go.
    Durham, NC

Feedback Score
    Ok waited 30 days and finally did it. Literally wasted full 7 hours of my day here in beautiful San Diego. It involved being transferred 30 times speaking to 20 people, demanding to speak to managers, an hour in the store, even left the store with a "just see if it starts working tonight". What a complicated disaster. For something that should be simple. I only have 1 phone and didnt have a hotel all day to work out of with wifi. If course my target red card sale was cancelled tonight too for no reason for the minutes. Att is not half as organized as cricket.