Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AT&T MVNO with Unlimited data, VoLTE, WIFI calling and eSIM?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jdc View Post
    Try Community Phone for $55 for unlimited and ticks all your boxes including esim.

AT&T or Tmobile
    I searched on their site but couldn't find what networks they use. Do they only use AT&T? Absolutely sure about wifi calling on a BYOD unlocked Android? Couldn't find anything on the esim feature either.

I'm sure I'm just missing it, but I looked around and couldn't find much info as their site is pretty bare bones.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    They use AT&T, Sprint and T-mobile. Call them. They are a small MVNO with walk-in service if you happen to live in Cambridge MA. I have no idea about what phones can use wifi.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    They use AT&T, Sprint and T-mobile. Call them. They are a small MVNO with walk-in service if you happen to live in Cambridge MA. I have no idea about what phones can use wifi.

Why would you tell the OP that this company ticked all his boxes if you have no idea what phones can use wifi?

Where does it say on their site what networks they use or do you have to call them for that info?

I truly hate to sound like I'm ragging on these guys but I thought their pricing wasn't any better than most others and their selection of phones they offered was not that great either.

Feedback Score

Thanks, I reached out to them via their website to ask if they can meet or beat $50 AT&T prepaid rate and offer the same features I am looking for.

I have Boom! mobile as a second option but their $59/month price for the plan is higher priced than AT&T direct and I could not find any deals/offers/coupons to make the plan $50 per month (I don't trust prepaying service for 1 year to get the price down to $42 with boom. Ideal situation is monthly to ensure rug doesn't get pulled out from under me as it happened with WingAlpha)

Feedback Score
    Try Community Phone for $55 for unlimited and ticks all your boxes including esim.

AT&T or Tmobile
    Just out of curiosity do you recall who was able to help you get AT&T @ Communityphone.org? I contacted them and spoke to Mike Moran but he did not seem to be aware that AT&T is an option for them. He said he will reach back to me tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLinuxGuy View Post
    Just out of curiosity do you recall who was able to help you get AT&T @ Communityphone.org? I contacted them and spoke to Mike Moran but he did not seem to be aware that AT&T is an option for them. He said he will reach back to me tomorrow.
    according to this - https://communityphone.org/blogs/new...llular-network they have coverage maps for AT&T

Feedback Score
    Closing the loop on this - communityphone got back to me and said they don't support eSIM.

I'll probably give boom a try if Jeff responds to my question I made on the main boom thread stickied on this forum.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Somehow I got wifi calling working on the AT&T $75 ($50 autopay)

Initial activation using AT&T prepaid phone Alcatel ideal extra. Already have an unlocked iPhone 11 pro max. Moved sim into said iPhone. Wifi calling option is there. When activated calling out you get that automated message that the plan doesn't include wifi calling.

A couple of weeks later bought two esim cards at a corporate story. That esim activated fine. Nope still no wifi calling.

Another couple of weeks goes by and I change esim back to normal sim. Already had a $10 kit with sim. Logged into my account and changed IMEI and normal sim card.

Tried wifi calling. It works fine. Trouble is I'm not staying with AT&T prepaid. Bought that boom trial sim. Couldn't activate. Tried 3 times and just errors out. A few minutes later I get an email from boom support. Turns out I was sent a Verizon boom sim. Original order was for boom blue.

Email the rep to see if he will push an esim so I give IMEI 2 and EID. An hour or so later rep emails me and says it's all setup. There's a notification about a cellular plan from AT&T ready to be installed. All works fine. So glad boom rep pushed that esim to my phone instead of waiting a week for another sim card.

So those that say boom support is very good? It's true.

For now the original AT&T prepaid sim is in a factory unlocked iPhone SE 2020. I'll see network name "AT&T WIFI". Calls work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tersanyus View Post
    Email the rep to see if he will push an esim so I give IMEI 2 and EID. An hour or so later rep emails me and says it's all setup. There's a notification about a cellular plan from AT&T ready to be installed. All works fine. So glad boom rep pushed that esim to my phone instead of waiting a week for another sim card.

So those that say boom support is very good? It's true.

Would you mind sharing the name of the boom! agent or support ticket with them where they helped you push the eSIM without a sim card?

I emailed boom about ordering the plan but asked them to simply push the eSIM to my device without a sim card and they said there was no way around shipping me a sim card first to activate, so it looks like it is possible and the person that helped you knows how and I would love to ask them again to review and see if they can set me up.

This month I ported away from AT&T prepaid and into US Mobile since I am traveling overseas and their unlimited plan includes 10GB roaming eSIM which I am using (see other post).

Device(s)
    iPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Closing the loop on this - communityphone got back to me and said they don't support eSIM.

I'll probably give boom a try if Jeff responds to my question I made on the main boom thread stickied on this forum.
    Odd. I was told that they do offer At&t esim service.

Feedback Score
    Here's the email from Mike the guy that contacted me after I submitted the form at communityphone.org and he clarifies some of my questions on eSIM, data throttling, Video streaming (streamsaver) etc. He may not be super familiar with AT&T but he did say someone helped him to answer my questions.

One thing that bothered me was the taxes for the plan with them was higher than any other company I had used before, like $13-16 in taxes.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 4.13.05 PM.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  82.2 KB

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Would you mind sharing the name of the boom! agent or support ticket with them where they helped you push the eSIM without a sim card?

I emailed boom about ordering the plan but asked them to simply push the eSIM to my device without a sim card and they said there was no way around shipping me a sim card first to activate, so it looks like it is possible and the person that helped you knows how and I would love to ask them again to review and see if they can set me up.

This month I ported away from AT&T prepaid and into US Mobile since I am traveling overseas and their unlimited plan includes 10GB roaming eSIM which I am using (see other post).
    I got shipped a sim card first. It was for Verizon when I needed AT&T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2