Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: PagePlus 5G?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    I swapped a two year old phone for a brand new 5g phone so I did it for the deal. Otherwise I agree 5g is overrated and not necessary. I just wish my phone would directly activate on PP/TF VZW.
    Do you have an active sim on PP from another phone you could just swap in ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    Not the OP, but I have a Pixel 4a 5G that gets the same message and it would not let me activate it with PagePlus. I don't expect to get 5G service, but with that IMEI they would not let me start ANY service. I have problems with that IMEI on TracFone/VZW too, but its clear on Verizon itself, so I think it has something to do with how TracFone handles these 5g devices.
    You would think Verizon could just block the 5G to MVNO users. Just like they do with WiFi Calling, and previously did with VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    You would think Verizon could just block the 5G to MVNO users. Just like they do with WiFi Calling, and previously did with VoLTE.
    Must be in the imei that tells the mvno it's a 5G phone and they just automatically don't allow it without knowing that a 5G phone is backwards compatible to LTE. They just need a disclaimer that if you activate there'd be no 5G service. But that would be to much trouble for an mvno to put on their website.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Long overdue update but I have supposedly been on 5G in some spots since I got my s20 plus. At least that's what the icon says. It switches to 4g most of the time, but I get 5g most of the time at my home. The real world speeds (if I actually am on 5g) are not noticeable for me. I cannot tell when I'm on 5g or 4g. I attached a photo of a speed test and of an article stating that most real world 5g speeds are only 2x as fast as 4g as of now (upgrades to 5g towers expected down the road). All and all I would say even if you could get 5g right now, there's nothing impressive about it unless you download a lot of files to your phone for some reason.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4