Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What's the best unlocked budget phone you've ever used?

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Ah...good point about the G4 Play. I forgot about the Vzw VoLTE incompatibility. My wife uses T-Mobile, which does have VoLTE support.
    Hi Boz, are you saying that T-Mobile VoLTE will work on an unlocked G4 Play?

Thx!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Hi Boz, are you saying that T-Mobile VoLTE will work on an unlocked G4 Play?

Thx!!
    VoLTE appeared to be working on my wife's G4 Play when she was using it with a T-Mobile SIM card.

It's also listed as T-Mobile VoLTE compatible at http://www.spectrumgateway.com/compatible-phones.

Feedback Score
    I got the Moto G6 Play for a very good price and am thoroughly pleased with it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by barryspar View Post
    I got the Moto G6 Play for a very good price and am thoroughly pleased with it.
    The Moto G6 Play is a solid phone with great build quality and awesome battery life. The only downsides to the the 6 Play are the cam, mediocre antenna and the display is on the dim side. I'd have no problem carrying it everyday if it pulled a strong signal or I didn't spend so much time in fringe areas.

Feedback Score
    I do use the Moto E4 fingerprint reader. It's on the front, which works very well for me. It can also be a navigation pad, which I also use, and it works great!
    I assume it works good but I never wanted a fingerprint reader.

I don't lock my phone but if I did I would use a password because it is more secure.

If I want to secure any data on my phone I encrypt it. For example, I store passwords on my phone but I use a password manager that is encrypted.

The navigation pad sounds interesting so I should try that sometime.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    I assume it works good but I never wanted a fingerprint reader.

I don't lock my phone but if I did I would use a password because it is more secure.

If I want to secure any data on my phone I encrypt it. For example, I store passwords on my phone but I use a password manager that is encrypted.

The navigation pad sounds interesting so I should try that sometime.

Definitely try the fingerprint sensor as one button navigation. You can turn it on from the Moto app. By far one of the best features I've ever used on a cellphone and it works best with a front mounted sensor like the Moto E has.

Feedback Score
    I love the e4, e4 plus and g4 play....but my favorite budget phone ever was the Moto E 2nd gen.

That LITTLE phone was awesome! Great reception, smooth for being so limited...and the battery!!!! I tried but could never get below 50% in a day...and I tried hard!

I have moved on, but that E2 is still in my drawer. I take it out sometimes and just smile reliving the memories.

Feedback Score
    Currently rocking a Moto G Power, and loving it. If $249 for a smartphone isn't "budget" enough, my favorite sub-$50 smartphone was the Moto E4 Play. It was compact, usable, and had great battery life.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    Currently rocking a Moto G Power, and loving it. If $249 for a smartphone isn't "budget" enough, my favorite sub-$50 smartphone was the Moto E4 Play. It was compact, usable, and had great battery life.
    I'm not familiar with the Moto E4 Play. Can you please describe it?

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    All of the Motos, IMO, hit the sweet spot for balancing performance, value and LTE band coverage.

But my favorite bang for the buck has to be my AT&T GoPhone branded ZTE Zmax2. It cost me $50 new nearly five years ago and still runs fairly snappy and has a decent battery life. I keep a FreedomPop SIM in it as a rural backup for my T-Mo service.

I thought it was a fluke, but then I bought an AT&T ZTE Trek 2 tablet, which, like the Zmax2, also runs far too well for it's age and specs. I'd buy a ZMax again anytime, (potential spyware issues notwithstanding!)

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    Note 8, LG Xpression 2
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity, Tracphone
    Feedback Score
    I forgotten about the Zmax. I had the original one on Family Mobile then on T-Mobile. I end up giving it to my Mother. It developed a bug where it received a popup every couple of minutes. I then did a factory reset and gave it to my Dad to try. I think the factory reset worked. He was so use to IOS that he had to go back to his iPhone. We ended up selling it overseas like the rest of the phones I use to experiment with. I also had a Zmax 2 that was unlocked for a little bit too. My last phone on Tracfone Att sim was a ZTE I found in my room. It had only 8 GB of storage and still has 4g when I put the sim in it. It was cool to use back in the day.

Sent from my SM-T290 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I'm not familiar with the Moto E4 Play. Can you please describe it?
    I just meant the e4. For some reason I thought it was a Play model.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    All of the Motos, IMO, hit the sweet spot for balancing performance, value and LTE band coverage.

But my favorite bang for the buck has to be my AT&T GoPhone branded ZTE Zmax2. It cost me $50 new nearly five years ago and still runs fairly snappy and has a decent battery life. I keep a FreedomPop SIM in it as a rural backup for my T-Mo service.

I thought it was a fluke, but then I bought an AT&T ZTE Trek 2 tablet, which, like the Zmax2, also runs far too well for it's age and specs. I'd buy a ZMax again anytime, (potential spyware issues notwithstanding!)

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, the Zmax 2 was an awesome phone. Mine is still kickin but I haven't turned it on in a long time. I have the new ZTE A7 and Blade 10 Prime which are good but nothing special although the A7 gets great battery life. I've also had the Zmax Pro, Z Blade and the V8 Pro which were all decent phones. It's good to see ZTE clawing it's way back in but kinda bummed Huawei is done in the US because, in my opinion, they made the best budget phone.

Feedback Score
    Moto G7 Power is great for me. When it's time for a new phone would definitely consider its successor.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    What price range do you consider to be a budget phone?

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast