Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NEW: AT&T PREPAID 8GB 3-month $99

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score

NEW: AT&T PREPAID 8GB 3-month $99

AT&T Prepay has a $33/mo 8GB plan when you pay 3 months at a time it's available online on their website. Looks like existing customers can sign up with this new plan. Look out for taxes and fees.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    For stand alone $50/mo 8GB lines ($40 with Autopay) is a nice alternative to save few bucks. Current 8GB lines as part of multi-line can already get it down to $35/mo, and you may even lose the multi-line discount in the other line(s) too. Not worth it IMO.

"Online only" offer, but I don't see how to switch to this plan in OLAM, so not sure it is available to existing customers

Feedback Score
    The 3 mo plan is OK. Maybe temporary for a single line. There are better options like 12 mo plan for $25 or getting the Walmart 25 GB plan (especially if you can multi-line).

The T+C doesn't state that the plan Requires New Activation like the 12 mo plan does. However, as stated above, the 3 mo isn't shown as an option under Plans so there's no option to switch into it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sente7 View Post
    The 3 mo plan is OK. Maybe temporary for a single line. There are better options like 12 mo plan for $25 or getting the Walmart 25 GB plan (especially if you can multi-line).

The T+C doesn't state that the plan Requires New Activation like the 12 mo plan does. However, as stated above, the 3 mo isn't shown as an option under Plans so there's no option to switch into it.
    I had that same issue as well I couldn’t switch to it oh well I’m on the 15 plan for now until next month and I plan on making a switch anyway

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    This is only ok for a single line. I’m on a multi line account with autopay discount and multi line discount.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    I am on the Walmart plan; single line. Would I loose my 17gb additional data if I move to this 3 month plan?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nixforfun View Post
    I am on the Walmart plan; single line. Would I loose my 17gb additional data if I move to this 3 month plan?
    Yes, you will lose your 17GB Walmart bonus data. Here it is directly from the AT&T Prepaid / Walmart site:

How long will I keep receiving the bonus data on this plan?

You will receive the 17GB of bonus data each month that you successfully renew your $50 8GB plan.
    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
    AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data

Feedback Score
    They have now added a 6 month plan for $180 or $30 per month.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I wonder what the push is for these multi-month plans?

Lessen churn? Emulating the Mint Mobile/Tracfone model?

“The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I wonder what the push is for these multi-month plans?

Lessen churn? Emulating the Mint Mobile/Tracfone model?
    I don't think it is an either. Probably a both.

Plusses and minuses of a long plan. Due to other reasons, wanted to switch my Red Pocket plan from the ATT network to the Verizon network. Apparently, can't switch networks anymore without losing the rest of the year's plan, so they benefited there.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    ...wanted to switch my Red Pocket plan from the ATT network to the Verizon network. Apparently, can't switch networks anymore without losing the rest of the year's plan...
    What? Haven't heard that yet. Afaik one only loses the current month. I suggest calling another rep.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.01.20

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    What? Haven't heard that yet. Afaik one only loses the current month. I suggest calling another rep.
    Never never pay for more than three months.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    AT&T says this if you click on the "See details" link before you buy ...

... either the 3-month plan
    Plan available online only. Service available for 90 days upon first payment of $99. Plan renews every 30 days for 3 renewal periods. The $99 advance payment is non-refundable in whole or in part.
    ... or the 12-month plan
    Online offer. Requires new activation. Service available for 360 days upon first payment of $300. Plan renews every 30 days for 12 renewal periods. The $300 advance payment is non-refundable in whole or in part.
    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I thought he was talking about Red Pocket not AT&T.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    I thought he was talking about Red Pocket not AT&T.
    I was, in this case. But there are always possible problems if you go too long with anyone. The $300 plan sounds good, straight with ATT Prepaid, but is always the problem that, if your needs change early. What if you consistently need more than the 8GB/month, such has hotspotting. Or you move and Verizon would have suited you much better. In my case, with RP, I was only about 4 months into the $100/year plan so I'm not out so much that I have to skip my electricity payment this month I'll probably transition to the cheaper $60/year plan on RP since it IS just for my backup number. 100 minutes/month is fine for that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast