Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best annual deal for TracFone renewal; Advising the relatives

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Best annual deal for TracFone renewal; Advising the relatives

Coming up soon in July the relatives' two respective TracFones each need renewal, either a full plan or Service Days only.

They really aren't the type to get into doing the bit with something like a full phone bundle purchase from HSN or similar and harvesting the plan aspects through the methods described here on the forum. They're happy with their LG Fiesta 2 handsets and TF/VZW coverage, and have plenty of accumulated minutes/texts/data.

I haven't had the chance to check to see if these devices, being TF branded, are offered Service Days only on the website when going through the purchase process, but I suspect they would prefer a purchase that was more than just time.

So as far as I can see, unless I get a lead on other offers (other than the TF eBay web store one-year offers that don't have a separate one-year refill card; only a pre-loaded SIM), the best and easiest thing appears to be the $125 card with the 22448 promo code, which knocks off $50.

Any other viable suggestions for a one-year renewal?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    Coming up soon in July the relatives' two respective TracFones each need renewal, either a full plan or Service Days only.

They really aren't the type to get into doing the bit with something like a full phone bundle purchase from HSN or similar and harvesting the plan aspects through the methods described here on the forum. They're happy with their LG Fiesta 2 handsets and TF/VZW coverage, and have plenty of accumulated minutes/texts/data.

I haven't had the chance to check to see if these devices, being TF branded, are offered Service Days only on the website when going through the purchase process, but I suspect they would prefer a purchase that was more than just time.

So as far as I can see, unless I get a lead on other offers (other than the TF eBay web store one-year offers that don't have a separate one-year refill card; only a pre-loaded SIM), the best and easiest thing appears to be the $125 card with the 22448 promo code, which knocks off $50.

Any other viable suggestions for a one-year renewal?
    Have you checked eBay? I bought a year deal for $30 a few months ago. It comes preloaded but others have gotten it moved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The eBay deals are the best, even if they aren't on a special sale price.

The only TF lines I'm currently taking care of are the two for my parents. In hindsight, I really wish I had put them on TF AT&T back when they switched to TF, but they had always been on the Vzw network up until then, and they had been doing extensive motor home traveling, and wanted to stay with Vzw.

Also, I didn't know then it would be much easier to take advantage of the TF 1200/1200/3GB/1 Year eBay deals if using TF AT&T (or T-Mo) vs TF Vzw.

Now, at 85, I suspect my parents are probably going to start slowing down on their motor home traveling, and even if they don't, the AT&T network is still pretty extensive, so I'm contemplating switching them to TF AT&T, just for the ease of using the 1200/1200/3GB/1 Year eBay deals.

All that to say...is there a possibility of switching your relatives using TF to TF AT&T from TF Vzw for the same reason?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    I am also curious if the 1 year $50 add-on is still being offered on the website. I don't see these options having a BYOP. Please report what you find.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I am also curious if the 1 year $50 add-on is still being offered on the website. I don't see these options having a BYOP. Please report what you find.
    I just checked and it was available for my wife's TF-branded Fiesta 2.

Name:  Tracfone-add-on-offer-for-Fiesta-2-2020-06-12.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  40.3 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I just checked and it was available for my wife's TF-branded Fiesta 2.
    Didn't you report about a week ago on another thread that it did not work? Not surprised that the offerings will vary from time to time. That happens with TMFL plans on my BYOP phone. Sometimes the My Account app shows them, and sometimes not. The website never shows these.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Didn't you report about a week ago on another thread that it did not work? Not surprised that the offerings will vary from time to time.
    That's correct. It didn't work the other day.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The relatives (sister and BIL) both elected to just buy the $50 add-on Service Time at the TF website (once I explained it being available and verifying it existed during our access session).

They both have voice minutes and texts into the thousands (up to 2k or 3k) and obviously use very little on an annual basis. Anything they need to fill in can be acquired through the individual add-ons, although if something like a $30-$50 year long T/T/D card showed up it might be tempting (and I'm always on watch here ��).

Thanks all for the suggestions and input.

Feedback Score
    That's correct. It didn't work the other day.
    I just tried - no one year offer. I have TF branded phone.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtfster View Post
    I just tried - no one year offer. I have TF branded phone.
    Try adding another card first, then scroll down to see if the 1-yr is offered in the add-on. If so, add it to the cart, then remove the other card.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Hmmm, that is odd, although that corroborates hpham's 50% success rate.

Don't know if it matters, but we approached it from the website, not logging in but selecting initially to do a Refill/Add (from the tab) then working from the right side "I need to purchase an airtime service plan," then entering one of their existing cell numbers.

As you'd expect, we selected a plan card, saw the add-ons listed below, selected the one then deleted the plan card.

For the second one, after finishing the first just circled around from the beginning and repeated with the other number. Same credit card, no snags.

Feedback Score
    Try adding another card first, then scroll down to see if the 1-yr is offered in the add-on. If so, add it to the cart, then remove the other card.
    The way it worked last time I used it was you have to select purchase of an airtime card then proceed to checkout. The one year service time only offer was only presented at checkout. The last time I used it you could remove the airtime card at checkout and just buy the year service. This was for a phone purchased from TF.

I think I have heard that this now only works for phones purchased from TF. I have not checked my BYO phone recently.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I neglected to put in I proceeded to checkout before the add-ons were offered

Feedback Score
    Nope, no offer. Tried with login to account and without.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtfster View Post
    Nope, no offer. Tried with login to account and without.
    You did put some item in the checkout cart? What does it list in "More For Your Device"?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast