Thread: Announcement about VoLTE for Sprint Users on the T-Mobile Network

Feedback Score

Announcement about VoLTE for Sprint Users on the T-Mobile Network

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/servi...0601:VOLTE:IOS

I just received this notice from Sprint. how is this different than the previously announced roaming agreements?

"VoLTE (Voice over LTE) is the next generation of voice service for your phone. Not only does it provide superior voice quality, it allows you to enjoy talk and data simultaneously.

And now that Sprint has joined the T-Mobile family, you have access to expanded coverage on the T-Mobile network with capable devices."

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/servi...0601:VOLTE:IOS

I just received this notice from Sprint. how is this different than the previously announced roaming agreements?

"VoLTE (Voice over LTE) is the next generation of voice service for your phone. Not only does it provide superior voice quality, it allows you to enjoy talk and data simultaneously.

And now that Sprint has joined the T-Mobile family, you have access to expanded coverage on the T-Mobile network with capable devices."
    Wasn't the previous roaming data only on LTE?
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have used LTE/VOLTE previously on Sprint. I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy S9+ purchased from Sprint, on T-mobile. This is not new news, only that VOLTE roaming on T-mobile is now available for Sprint users. Definitely nothing radically different. I have always had access to VOLTE since my prior Galaxy S7.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    I have used LTE/VOLTE previously on Sprint. I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy S9+ purchased from Sprint, on T-mobile. This is not new news, only that VOLTE roaming on T-mobile is now available for Sprint users. Definitely nothing radically different. I have always had access to VOLTE since my prior Galaxy S7.
    So this is probably just their official announcement. Can’t wait to see this work on my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    I was surprised to find TMO VoLTE available on a Sprint MVNO with an old multi-carrier phone!

I have an unbranded Moto G4 Play. This phone can only get VoLTE on TMO. I have been using it with Red Pocket - Sprint. Whenever I would check the band connection, it would be LTE band 41, and whenever I made a call, it would be 1xRTT with a stronger signal (probably band 26).

Lately, I would see band 25 show up instead of band 41, but voice was still 1xRTT. I rarely use the phone, but after seeing this thread, I did a PRL and Profile update, then tried a call. Lo and behold, the phone stayed on LTE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    I was surprised to find TMO VoLTE available on a Sprint MVNO with an old multi-carrier phone!

I have an unbranded Moto G4 Play. This phone can only get VoLTE on TMO. I have been using it with Red Pocket - Sprint. Whenever I would check the band connection, it would be LTE band 41, and whenever I made a call, it would be 1xRTT with a stronger signal (probably band 26).

Lately, I would see band 25 show up instead of band 41, but voice was still 1xRTT. I rarely use the phone, but after seeing this thread, I did a PRL and Profile update, then tried a call. Lo and behold, the phone stayed on LTE!
    Does the phone show the HD icon on the call screen during calls? Do you hear the difference in audio quality?

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    Does the phone show the HD icon on the call screen during calls? Do you hear the difference in audio quality?
    I think only Verizon uses the HD icon. LTE continues to display during the call, otherwise it would display H on GSM or 1x on CDMA. Also, Network Cell Info continues to display 4G, which is how that app shows LTE at the top of the screen (it does show LTE when I enter the app).

The call sounds great, but I only tested it with a landline, so I didn't get the extra HD clarity.