Thread: First attempt at unlocking phone was unsuccessful

Feedback Score

First attempt at unlocking phone was unsuccessful

I have Fiesta 2 with Tracfone for almost two years, so decide to unlock it.

I called the unlocking department (1-888-442-5102) and the guy asked for phone's IMEI, my name and email address. He checked his system and said my phone is eligible to be unlocked. He gave me ticket number and said I will get instruction on how to unlock the phone in the email, which I should receive in about 5 minutes.

Its been almost 48 hours and still no email from Tracfone. I will call them in couple of days if still no email from them.

Anybody knows what the instruction going to be?

Thanks

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G Stylus, G Power, G7, G7Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_D View Post
    I have Fiesta 2 with Tracfone for almost two years, so decide to unlock it.

I called the unlocking department (1-888-442-5102) and the guy asked for phone's IMEI, my name and email address. He checked his system and said my phone is eligible to be unlocked. He gave me ticket number and said I will get instruction on how to unlock the phone in the email, which I should receive in about 5 minutes.

Its been almost 48 hours and still no email from Tracfone. I will call them in couple of days if still no email from them.

Anybody knows what the instruction going to be?

Thanks
    When I unlocked my Moto e5 I used the website. I received an email containing 2 codes to put into the phone. Here's a copy of that email. The codes will only work for my phone.

Phone Unlocking Step-by-Step Instructions

On your phone, dial #TFUNLOCK# (#83865625#) to access the TF UNLOCK Menu .
    The TF UNLOCK Menu will request the SIMUNLOCK Codes . Enter:
    When the Codes are processed successfully, a Device Unlocked message will display. If the Codes are NOT processed, try to re-enter them.

Your phone may reboot.

Note: After Unlocking your phone, your current SIM card, phone number, service (including benefits), and any enrollment will remain as they are.

Please do not reply to this email. If you encounter issues following these steps, call our Unlocking Department at 1-888-442-5102 .

Feedback Score
    You don't have spam filtering enabled on your email account, do you?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    When I unlocked my Moto e5 I used the website. I received an email containing 2 codes to put into the phone. Here's a copy of that email. The codes will only work for my phone.

Phone Unlocking Step-by-Step Instructions

On your phone, dial #TFUNLOCK# (#83865625#) to access the TF UNLOCK Menu .
    The TF UNLOCK Menu will request the SIMUNLOCK Codes . Enter:
    When the Codes are processed successfully, a Device Unlocked message will display. If the Codes are NOT processed, try to re-enter them.

Your phone may reboot.

Note: After Unlocking your phone, your current SIM card, phone number, service (including benefits), and any enrollment will remain as they are.

Please do not reply to this email. If you encounter issues following these steps, call our Unlocking Department at 1-888-442-5102 .
    Thanks cellular-dude. I should have used the web site first instead of calling as instructions was send via email within a minute of entering my info on the web site. The phone is now unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo
    You don't have spam filtering enabled on your email account, do you?
    The guy from Tracfone I talked to had an thick Indian accent (I have accent too ) so this was probably a case of miscommunication regarding email address.
    Last edited by Tony_D; 06-07-2020 at 07:51 AM.