Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How is the att network nowadays?

Feedback Score

How is the att network nowadays?

Currently on a family plan with verizon and am planning to get my own line (most likely port to either att or tmobile). No major complaints with verizon other than slow data, but I think I'm ready to switch to someone else, something different

How are you liking att nowadays?

Feedback Score
    Loooooooooooooooooooooooocation
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

Device(s)
    iPhones 7 and a iPhone 6s and 4 and a fire hd8
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket wireless
    Feedback Score
    Atnt works well in most of east central Indiana. Atnt struggles in real rural areas.i use cricket which uses atnt and me and my family have no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Location is key. In general, I have no real issues with either TMobile or AT&T. Both have great speeds where I am. Key difference is coverage. Tmobile is typically lacking in coverage in many areas. If you don't go in those places... Then its typically a wash.

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    Works for me just fine. CA-LA.

Feedback Score
    It's a big country. Where you at?

Here in semi-rural central Virginia on the I95 corridor and surrounds, we had AT&T for years and it worked fine most of the time around town and out into rural areas - much better than Sprint or T-Mo. We switched phone service to Verizon last December. That works fine too. I have not noticed any significant difference between and AT&T and Verizon here.

I still have an AT&T hotspot. That has worked fine just about everywhere I have tried it. It did not work in a semi-underground basement meeting room at the clubhouse. No points deducted for that.

Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    All about location, in rural Utah and surrounding states Verizon has many areas of no service, AT&T has LTE coverage, which surprised me. Verizon has better coverage in large buildings/underground parking, basements etc because of DAS installations, in the parking lot Verizon is so congested that sometimes no data. Walk inside the building full speeds.
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    It's a big country. Where you at?

Here in semi-rural central Virginia on the I95 corridor and surrounds, we had AT&T for years and it worked fine most of the time around town and out into rural areas - much better than Sprint or T-Mo. We switched phone service to Verizon last December. That works fine too. I have not noticed any significant difference between and AT&T and Verizon here.

I still have an AT&T hotspot. That has worked fine just about everywhere I have tried it. It did not work in a semi-underground basement meeting room at the clubhouse. No points deducted for that.
    Eastern nc but I am frequently on va also.

I may get a phone that has esim and do att line and the $15 T-Mobile prepaid line.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
    Eastern nc but I am frequently on va also.

I may get a phone that has esim and do att line and the $15 T-Mobile prepaid line.
    First place I'd start is by looking at RootMetrics in detail. I also suggest doing a test drive with a prepaid SIM on whatever carrier you're thinking about. Note that in most of E NC T-Mobile does not have band-12. So to do a decent comparison you'll need a phone with band-71.

This brings up the question, do you plan on bringing you current device from Verizon or getting a new phone? What device are you currently using?
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    First place I'd start is by looking at RootMetrics in detail. I also suggest doing a test drive with a prepaid SIM on whatever carrier you're thinking about. Note that in most of E NC T-Mobile does not have band-12. So to do a decent comparison you'll need a phone with band-71.

This brings up the question, do you plan on bringing you current device from Verizon or getting a new phone? What device are you currently using?
    I’ll be bringing my unlocked iPhone se (the recent one). It’s paid off bought from Apple directly so I should be pretty good with the bands that it has (hopefully). When I bought it they called it sim free so it should be unlocked but I’ve only used Verizon sim so far

Feedback Score
    It's just a guess without a mention of location.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    It's just a guess without a mention of location.
    Eastern nc and some parts of va up through central va

Feedback Score

How is the att network nowadays?

Went and got an att prepaid sim and plan to get a T-Mobile prepaid sim tomorrow

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I can't speak much for VA/NC areas. Rural NY/VT is better on At&t vs. TMo though. In SoCal, it's more of a personal preference of one vs other. Each have their good and bad.

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm in Verizon country, Orange county NY, but for me personally, AT&T works better in several key spots for me. I very seldom loose a signal anywhere.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast