Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Phone call shows "UNKNOWN" during a phone call with a Verizon Rep.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kent, WA
    Posts
    117
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    Question Phone call shows "UNKNOWN" during a phone call with a Verizon Rep.

    When I'm in a phone call with this specific caller (on Verizon), it shows the right caller ID but after a few minutes my phone shows "UNKNOWN" on my Galaxy S9. I can't block it. The other caller is on a Verizon iPhone 6s.

    I recently did switch numbers. What's going on? I've included a screenshot.

    Name:  Screenshot_20200527-161236_Call.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  14.1 KB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    19,332
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just wondering did you call Verizon or did they call you ?? Are you getting this with more than one phone # ?? Does your phone show your phone # correctly as stored in the settings ??

    I am using a Samsung S9+ and recently ported my phone # from Sprint to T-mobile. I had a temporary situation that took several days to resolve. While I had no difficulty making or receiving calls, my phone showed my temporary # from T-mobile saved in my settings instead of my ported #.
    Just another day in paradise.....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,180
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 3a, Pixel 4XL, Moto X4, Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    0
    Maybe they are working out of their house, hence the “unknown” moniker.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    19,332
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    Maybe they are working out of their house, hence the “unknown” moniker.
    That is highly likely. Good suggestion.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kent, WA
    Posts
    117
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Just wondering did you call Verizon or did they call you ?? Are you getting this with more than one phone # ?? Does your phone show your phone # correctly as stored in the settings ??

    I am using a Samsung S9+ and recently ported my phone # from Sprint to T-mobile. I had a temporary situation that took several days to resolve. While I had no difficulty making or receiving calls, my phone showed my temporary # from T-mobile saved in my settings instead of my ported #.
    Yes my number shows up fine in settings. I shouldn't have said Rep. It's just one of my friends with Verizon. This only happens on this number. He is currently unemployed, so really, it only happens with this Verizon number. I've always only had AT&T.

    It'll show his number as it is in my contacts. Then after about 2-3 minutes is when it switches to UNKNOWN.

    Is there potentially a setting on Verizon phones where you can block your caller ID and it only really kicks in late for me is because he's in my contacts, and then it figures out that it's a number that shouldn't be displayed and blocks it?
    Last edited by skyhawk214; 05-27-2020 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Added more detail

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    19,332
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    As much as I would like to offer more help/suggestions, you should reach out to Verizon tech support for better assistance instead.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,187
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk214 View Post
    When I'm in a phone call with this specific caller (on Verizon), it shows the right caller ID but after a few minutes my phone shows "UNKNOWN" on my Galaxy S9. I can't block it. The other caller is on a Verizon iPhone 6s. I recently did switch numbers. What's going on? I've included a screenshot. Name:  Screenshot_20200527-161236_Call.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  14.1 KB
    since you have a Samsung phone, try the last suggestion in this thread - https://forums.att.com/conversations...d5f2f6061325a8

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-16-2018, 11:06 AM
  2. unknown icon during phone calls
    By luke103 in forum BlackBerry
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 05:16 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 12:53 PM
  4. T610 - Backlight stays on during a phone call?
    By GAMIAS in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2003, 04:03 PM
  5. Bell Phones that show that calls are forwarded
    By dennis77 in forum Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Solo
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2002, 08:11 PM

Bookmarks