Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: New Tracfone LG Classic Flip L125DL Quick Review

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wymby View Post
    First thing I tried .. found nothing in the menus (or the user manual).

I only have one active account (PP). I'll activate the J3 (Orbit) on TF when my wife can no longer use her 3G/1X Cosmos.
    I know the user manual does not have every menu options. That is why I asking that.

On the J3 Orbit, did it have the same issue? I know with its big brother, J7 Crown S767VL, CDMA does work just fine where I live. I was wondering if a SIM swap from the J3 Orbit would fix this or not. It is hard to tell tho.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    On the J3 Orbit, did it have the same issue? I know with its big brother, J7 Crown S767VL, CDMA does work just fine where I live. I was wondering if a SIM swap from the J3 Orbit would fix this or not. It is hard to tell tho.
    Yes, same problem on the J3 (using the same SIM) -- it does CDMA, but Verizon intercepts it.

The phone has menu options for LTE/CDMA or CDMA, but no LTE-only option.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am not talking about using the LG Classic Flip SIM in the J3 Orbit. I was talking about the J3 Orbit SIM in the LG Classic Flip.

When you had the J3 Orbit with the J3 Orbit SIM activate, did you have this same issue or did you not see this issue?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I am not talking about using the LG Classic Flip SIM in the J3 Orbit. I was talking about the J3 Orbit SIM in the LG Classic Flip.

When you had the J3 Orbit with the J3 Orbit SIM activate, did you have this same issue or did you not see this issue?
    Unfortunately, I haven't yet activated the J3 phone/SIM, since we don't need it until 1X/3G goes away. So I only have the SIM that came with the MyFlip from PP.
    Last edited by wymby; 07-12-2020 at 07:33 PM.

Feedback Score
    Saw this phone being sold with 1200 of everything bundle. Can someone tell me why a flip phone needs 1200MB of data? Just curious about how the data can be used on a flip phone.

Second question about the phone - can it connect to Wi-Fi?

Thnaks to anyone who cares to reply.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    Saw this phone being sold with 1200 of everything bundle. Can someone tell me why a flip phone needs 1200MB of data? Just curious about how the data can be used on a flip phone.

It uses data just like a smartphone but without the touch screen, easy navigation, and all the apps. You can web surf, (Google), email and mms. Just takes longer with the way you need to navigate and type things in (uses T9). I wouldn't recommend it for someone that wants to do allot of those things though. Occasional email checking and mms fine. Even with some old 3G(EVDO) flip phones you could do that stuff.
    Yes it can connect to wifi too.
    Mainly a phone with extra bells and whistles for the rest.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    It uses data just like a smartphone but without the touch screen, easy navigation, and all the apps. You can web surf, (Google), email and mms. Just takes longer with the way you need to navigate and type things in (uses T9). I wouldn't recommend it for someone that wants to do allot of those things though. Occasional email checking and mms fine. Even with some old 3G(EVDO) flip phones you could do that stuff.
    Yes it can connect to wifi too.
    Mainly a phone with extra bells and whistles for the rest.
    Sounds good, can it also be used as a hot spot?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    Just activated my LG flip from HSN. Transferred from a AT&T BYOP SIM so the transfer to the included Verizon SIM needed overnight to complete. I tried the hotspot feature and surprisingly - it works! I already have a dedicated hotspot line on T-Mobile but having access to Verizon in a pinch is nice. I also sent some ringtones from my Note 9 to the LG flip and it worked like a charm.

So far.. much better than the Alcatel flip!
    I’d absolutely buy this phone for the “just in case” hotspot. I recently got rid of my TMFL line because I didn’t think I’d ever be able to use my accumulated data for an emergency hotspot use.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyLimePie View Post
    I’d absolutely buy this phone for the “just in case” hotspot. I recently got rid of my TMFL line because I didn’t think I’d ever be able to use my accumulated data for an emergency hotspot use.
    Hot spotting is not allowed by the Tracfone T&C, but no one's service has been terminated when they did it sparingly in short durations and not doing a known time of tower congestion.

Feedback Score
    My 81 y/on mother recently bought herself this phone after getting frustrated with a full Android model. So far so good, but I have two basic questions that the PDF manual didn't address. Note that I'm doing this from memory and won't have hands on access to the phone until Friday.

1) There is an SD slot? I was looking for one over the weekend but didn't notice it. Guess it's inside the battery compartment? The manual makes reference to it but never shows where it is.
    2) I forget what we were doing, maybe just practicing her answering the phone, but received two automated "Can't talk, text me" messages from her phone. I found the Decline With Message setting, but it only configures the possible messages, with no on/off switch. Does anybody know how to turn this off, short of just deleting all the messages? If it's a clue, she doesn't have voice mail enabled.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyLimePie View Post
    With the caveat that hotspotting isn't strictly allowed on Tracfone, my question is - Can all flip phones be used as hot spots, or just this particular LG flip phone? Thx.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    SD slot... https://support.tracfone.com/tutoria...9?device=25041
    click on 2, 3 and 4 to see the whole tutorial

Feedback Score
    One down, one to go. Thanks!

Device(s)
    Moto X4, G Stylus, G Power, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Found this phone on Amazon for $29.99 that's a pretty good deal for the phone by itself.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Mint Mobile, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post

I've had the phone for about 2 months and it uses very little data. It uses data to download picture messages. You would also use data to check e-mails with its built-in e-mail app. It does have a web browser, so you can theoretically use a lot of data watching you tube videos. But, you'll get tired of the web browser real fast. 1200MB of data is plenty for this phone for the average flip phone user.

It does connect to WiFi, and it supports WiFi calling.

Also, I have not experienced any issues using it as a hot spot. My service has not been terminated or anything like that.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast